PDA

View Full Version : Penzoil Skyline... whats so good about it?

djmr2
01-23-2003, 05:09 PM
I read a few references to this car. Is there something special about it over the other Digi's? With the special controller will it be better than a digiQ-R?

My plan is for a DigiQ-R , not sure which one yet, most likely NSX-R or the Castrol Skyline..

I've read with the Propo Special controller the regular Digi's are up to par with the DigiQ-R's(NSX,Skyline) .. is this true? There must be something better about those 2 DigiQ-R's besides the functional lights. Will the DigiQ-R's be better with the special controller too?

I don't have a miniRC yet.. but i plan on getting one.. and it must be a Digi!

Thanks!

sengming
01-23-2003, 09:05 PM
well i jsut got a digi q r AE86 Tureno. and the rx-7 have front turnign wheels that help assist teh rear wheels during cornering. the nsx and skyline offer front head lights while ae86 and rx-7 give you better handling in corners and such. everyine else says that teh front turnig wheels on teh a86 are sooo much better than the normal wheels of any digi q. i also have teh propo specail controller and it makes the digi-q expreince soo much better.

the propo can make any digi-q as good as a digi q- r..but with teh front turings wheels, you'll have more control over your car. i want the light feature from teh nsx and skyline but i love the tureno..so maybe i'll just try to add some leds to my ae86.

i hope this helps you....get a digi q-r and the propo specail contorller and you won't regert nothin!

thanks

djmr2
01-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Well from what i've read, the NSX and Skyline DigiQ-R's just have the fancy lights and don't really offer anything over the regular DigiQ's... is this accurate?

AE86 and RX7 have the turning wheels for extreme handling.

So regular DigiQ-R(NSX,R34) + Special propo = DigiQ + Special propo?

So similar priced item such as Sigma MR-S (digiQ) and NSX-R (digiQ-R) are practically the same minus the lights?

keal
01-27-2003, 09:20 PM
djmr2,

I have the NSX-R, and while it doesn't have the racing wheels,
it does steer a little better than the standard DigiQs. There have
been changes to the chassis and the front wheels as compared
to the standard DigiQ chassis, so I'm guessing this is why it
steers a little better. With a standard DigiQ you sometimes
do accidental donuts or spinouts when trying to take sharp turns.
So far I haven't had that problem with the NSX-R.

Whatever you choose, make sure you get the Propo Special
controller! :D

djmr2
01-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey thanks for the info...

i'm tempted to get the AE86 now because of the wheels.
But then again i want the Special Propo, so i might buy the Penzoil Skyline + Special Propo instead..

What do u think makes a better handling car? Special Propo+Penzoil Skyline or the AE86 DigiQ-R?

Adam
01-27-2003, 11:16 PM
I have 7 DigiQs in all. I have the NSX-R and I have to say the lights are awesome. The DigiQ-Rs have closed gears,unlike the Regular Digis. This keeps stuff from stopping the wheels. I am thinking of getting the Trueno, But I dont know yet because I also want the Pitworks Skyline with lights. I have the Propo special and it is great, Much better than the regular. The Pennzoil Skyline is exactly the same as a regular Skyline, just different paint. I would go with the Trueno ( I personally recommend the NSX.) The DigiQ-Rs have some major improvements over the old cars, so I would stick to them instead of getting an older one. Hope I have given you some useful info.:)

keal
01-28-2003, 03:53 AM
Adam,

I really like the lights, too! :D No one in my area is familiar
with DigiQs yet, and when I show the NSX-R to people, they often say "Oh I have one of those at home." Of course they're referring to the Bit Char-G clones. Rather than wasting a few minutes to explain what a DigiQ is, I turn on the NSX-R and say "With lights? and brakes?" I tap the throttle a few times to show the brakelights in action, and it's all over :)

Thanks for pointing out a lot of the improvements in the Type R
cars! I only have a Cox Beetle other than my NSX-R so I had
no idea that the enclosed gears were something new. I'm definitely sticking to the type R cars from now on! :D

keal
01-28-2003, 04:04 AM
djmr2,

I agree with Adam, I think you should stick to the type R cars.
I got an NSX-R and the Propo Special the first time. Then I
got a Cox Beetle as a second car, only because it was cheaper
than the Trueno. If I could do it again, I would definitely get
the Trueno instead.

Good luck in your first DigiQ purchase!

djmr2
01-30-2003, 01:39 AM
Hey thanks for the suggestions..

I'm still debating.. handling/possible cool drifting with the Trueno, or NSX with functional lights...

so hard!! i want them both, can't afford both yet..

or maybe i'll screw them both and get the Pitworks skyline hehehe..

Adam
01-30-2003, 03:00 AM
If you can hold off on buying one until Friday, I can give you a run down on the difference between the Trueno and the NSX. I will have my Trueno in a few hours(UPS tracking is cool!):cool: As soon as it arives I can do a comparison between it and the NSX and the regular cars. This way you will have some more more info on the pros and cons of the cars in question. As for the Pitworks, I assume it will be the same as the NSX BUt I cant state that as a fact because I dont own a Pitworks yet. I am fairly sure that the Pitworks will be a better quality car than the first Skylines, But I dont know if it is worth the extra cash. The NXS is right at $60 with shipping, Trueno is $55 and the Pitworks is $70. I dont want to force you to buy something, I just want to throw the information out there to help you decide.;)

Adam
01-30-2003, 02:28 PM
OK, I got the Trueno today! Here is what I noticed, The car is vrey nice looking, it turns great and it has a very sturdy front axle system. I have trouble starting out straight because of the front wheels not being in the right direction when I start, But after about 3 inches or so it straightens and runs in a very tight line. The steering does make it handle oddly compared to the old cars, But this seems to be a good thing after you get used to it. I took it apart and looked the insides over, It has the closed gears just like the NSX, and the steering assembly is VERY bulky and tough looking, This came as a suprise to me, I assumed it would be small and fragile, ITS NOT! I had to work on the drift settings on my controller to get it to drift tightly, But it was cool when it did! I still Love the lights on the NSX and adding the steering to the NSX didnt seem to work as well. I Like the Trueno and the NSX equally, so I wont say one is better than the other, BUT I will say if you want to really enjoy these cars you need the Propo special controller. The R series controllers are better than the standard because the have a technical and racing setting where the regular had easy and normal, But they still cant make it as fun as the Special. Decide for yourself about which car to get, But remmember to stick with the "R" cars.

djmr2
01-31-2003, 01:07 AM
awesome

thanks for the info, so you think the trueno handles better than the NSX? i think i'll be picking up both sooner or later!! hehehe

oh btw, how well does it drift? does it drift better than the NSX?

Adam
01-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Well, I wont say that either one is "better" I like them both, But they both have different qualities when it comes to handling. I could drift the NSX right off the bat, But it took some practice with the Trueno. Once I got the hang of it the Trueno was fun, But still sometimes hard to control, The NSX would drift and then you could pull out of it and fly down the straights, But the Trueno was sometimes tricky about comming out of it, ButI noticed it was much faster during the drifts than the NSX. I Know you will be happy with either one as far as drifting goes, But you will have to have the Propo Special controller.:D

keal
01-31-2003, 02:13 AM
Whew, 5 more days to payday before I can order my Trueno.
I'm counting down already! :D :D

sengming
01-31-2003, 09:40 AM
now now!! don't waste your money on these really COOL digi q's;) :p

i really want tooo get a nsx-r but i have a ae86 adn don't want to spend that much money.
what should i do? buy it or not?

thanks

Adam
02-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sengming
now now!! don't waste your money on these really COOL digi q's;) :p

i really want tooo get a nsx-r but i have a ae86 adn don't want to spend that much money.
what should i do? buy it or not?

thanks BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!:D :D :D :cool:

keal
02-04-2003, 12:24 AM
hehe :D I agree, buy that NSX-R! I worked a little overtime this
week, so when that extra money shows up in my paycheck next month, I'm going to get that expensive Pitworks, but the Trueno comes first this week, since it's cheaper :)