PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Compact Char-G?

retroicon
08-21-2002, 01:47 AM
Hello all,

I'd like to get a Compact Char-G because it would allow me to run up to 6 cars at the same time. With the 4 frequencies from Tomy's Japan releases being 27mhz, 35mhz, 45mhz and 57mhz ... and with the new Microsizers having a 49mhz.... if I also got a Compact Char-G at 40mhz I could run 6 at the same time.... WOO HOO!

It also probably wouldn't conflict with many other cars at events or get togethers because I'm sure most people in the US won't have the UK/AUS version. Also, since it's an official Tomy Release I'm assuming it would be allowable in most events with the Bit Char-G because it's official Tomy and not an OEM....

Does anyone know where I might be able to get the 40mhz Yellow S2000 here in the US? I looked on ebay UK and ebay Au with no luck and Kmart.com.au wouldn't ship to the US so hopefully someone on the boards could help me out.

TinyRC and QFM ... I know you two are partially responsible for putting the Bit Drag rules... would the Compact Char-G be allowable in the non-OEM classes since it is an official Tomy release? Will the Microsizers be in the non-OEM as well? It'd be nice to not have a conflicting frequency so I'd be able to run it head-to-head in almost all races I'd think...

If there is anyone here from the UK or AUS who would be willing to help me out that would be much appreciated... I have PayPal and can make payment that way if you'd be willing to ship one to me... The Yellow S2000 in 40mhz...

Thanks!
Icon

I've attached an Image of the box I got from http://www.blackadderhall.com/bitchar-g/showroom/compact_char-g.htm that shows 40mhz on the box... this isn't the model I want but it shows that they are Tomy and 40mhz

http://www.retroicon.com/bit-box.jpg

retroicon
08-21-2002, 01:53 AM
Here's the image again... I guess I needed to make it an attachment to display....

Icon

GTR
08-21-2002, 01:56 AM
they have them at k-mart in australia

o yea, there's one company called treasures or something....an oem brand...they have some funky 57 mhz

retroicon
08-21-2002, 02:02 AM
The Japanese release has 57mhz so it's not that funky :p

...and I'm not in Australia so the fact that Kmart has them there doesn't help me much :( .... I think it'd be a bit expensive for me to hop on a plane to Australia to pick on up and head back... I love the bit's... but not enough to fly 30 hours round trip and spend a few grand just to run another at the same time :D

Icon

tinyrc
08-21-2002, 06:59 PM
TinyRC and QFM ... I know you two are partially responsible for putting the Bit Drag rules... would the Compact Char-G be allowable in the non-OEM classes since it is an official Tomy release? Will the Microsizers be in the non-OEM as well?

It is my understanding that both will be allowed since they are official TOMY products.

retroicon
08-21-2002, 07:36 PM
do you know where I could get one TinyRC?

Icon

tinyrc
08-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Nope - your best bet is to try to find a Forum member from Australia who will send you one.

retroicon
08-21-2002, 07:53 PM
that was sort of the point of this thread... but I guess no one is reading my initial post :-(

Icon