PDA

View Full Version : 7.2v 1600mah battery pack in stock location!

Tch0rT
01-16-2003, 06:45 PM
I got my 7.2v 1600mah battery pack ($20 shipped) from Blind Batteries and it fits perfectly in the stock area of the DRR (with the stock AAA compartment removed). I attached a picture of it. I haven't gotten a chance to hook it up yet since I got it just before work. I also got my aluminium body mounts which were not what I expected at all. I can't wait to get out of work to piece all of this together! I still need to finish up my 1970 428 Boss Mustang model body and get a Micro Modified RS4 motor... oh yeah and some foam tires.

If anyone is curious about Blind Batteries the URL is :
http://kevint.kicks-ass.net/forsale.htm

It's the first battery listed.

Ryan

avenan
01-16-2003, 08:33 PM
I'm also running some of Kevin's brick cells in my DRR. They work well, and last a long time. The only downside is a 6cell pack is heavier than a 2/3AA 6 cell pack. No big thing.

Don't charge them at more than 1amp.

Tch0rT
01-17-2003, 08:24 AM
I got the pack charged up and hooked it up... man oh man my DRR flies! I recomend Blind Batteries to anyone looking to upgrade to 7.2v battery packs. You can't beat it! $20 for a 1600mah pack that fits perfectly! Now I can't wait to get a Micro Mod. RS4 45turn Motor. It'll probably be like a bolt of lightning! Oh well they weight a little bit heavy but that just means you'll get a little bit better grip (I think....). The extra power, long run times, and a faster than stock motor way than more make up for the heavier weight. Anyway I need some foam tires now, I ordered some ABC SP Front and Rear foam tires so hopefully I'll get them soon.

Ryan

P.S. Thanks for the charging tip :D

binaryterror
01-17-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm gonna get some of these to try in my Mini-X!

avenan
01-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Binaryterror, just FYI, the bricks are too long to fit in the stock battery compartments in the mini-x. Maybe if you remove the forward end of the compartments they could be made to fit -- but it'd be ugly.

binaryterror
01-17-2003, 01:37 PM
No matter i am building a totally new chassis for my Mini-X

It is going to be made out of flouro BLUE PETG sheet, unless someone can help me find some carbon fiber sheet. I like the idea of these brick batteries alot.

blind
01-20-2003, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Really makes me feel good knowing that my batteries actually do what I have noticed them to do, for other people! :D

If that 6 cell pack doubles to speed of a micro rs4, I can only imagine on something the size of a mini-z!