PDA

View Full Version : Digi Propo Special Codes vs Settings

keal
01-15-2003, 05:32 AM
I was wondering just how many codes there were for the Propo Special controller, and how hard it would be to figure them all out. There's 4 digits to work with, so that would be about 10,000 codes. Too much!

But upon playing with the numbers, I found that the codes have to start with either a zero or a 9. If I enter anything from 1 to 8 for the first digit, the controller automatically goes back to settings mode. The other 3 digits in the number only go from 1 to 8. So the codes are from 0111-0888 and 9111-9888. This means that there are exactly 1556 possible codes. It doesn't take too long to go through 100 codes, so maybe I'll start flipping through the numbers soon to find any great secret codes. Of course, I'll list any good ones I come across!

Anyway, here's a better description of what the settings and the codes are:

Settings:
The four digits you have to work with, you already probably know what they're for. Speed, Acceleration, Steering angle, and Braking. 1 is the lowest setting, and 8 is the highest - except for Acceleration, where 1 is the fastest and 8 is the slowest (*see below). A setting of 8111 then, means that the car would have the maximum top speed (8), maximum acceleration (1), almost no steering (1) and almost no brakes (1). Yep! Drag Racing! I tried out this setting and sure enough, you just lightly *tap* the trigger once, and the car ZOOM! goes right across the floor. And it does not stop until it hits something! I couldn't catch up to the car, as it had no braking power. Okay, so maybe 8116 or 8115 would be safer. But that's all there is to tweaking the settings on the controller! If you look at some of the Sigma Automotive codes, like the drifting code (3431), it's a setting, not a code. It's a great setting, though!

(*This section above was re-edited to correct an error concerning Acceleration. Thanks, Adam!)

Codes:
These differ from settings because the 4 digits do not correspond to the speed, acceleration, steering and brakes. They are codes for special programs in the controller itself that makes the car do special things. For instance, the Sigma Automotive code of 0818 puts the car in a 360 degree spinout. The car looks like a spinning top, or a UFO. I held the car up, and pulled the trigger, and found that the rear wheels spun in opposite directions. So one was rolling forward, the other in reverse. That's what makes the car do the amazing spinout. There's no way to change the setting of the tires seperately through the standard settings.
Another code for Tank Mode - when you turn the wheel left, the left tire stops, and the right tire keeps moving. That's what makes the car turn like a tank turret. So these special codes are truly special.

That's all there is to playing around with the LED screen on the Propo Special. Playing with the settings have a drastic effect on how the car performs. Even if there were no secret codes, the controller is worth it for the settings tweaking. As for the codes, some are strictly for fun like the UFO code. But some, like the carpet codes, are extremely useful.

I'm trying to give you all as much information as I can about the controller because personally I couldn't find much about it before buying it, and figure this information will help you in considering if it's worth buying. If you ask me, I think they should stop packaging the controllers with the cars so that more people would buy the Special controller. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why so many buyers hesitate. Because they already were forced to buy a controller with the car :|

kwikbb
01-15-2003, 07:12 AM
keal that's Great! This is some good stuff... I was unaware that there were so many combinations. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the codes! :)

keal
01-16-2003, 02:57 AM
kwikbb, will do!

This afternoon I started going through the codes. I started from 9111 and I'm up to 9355. I should be able to get through the rest of the 9xxx codes tomorrow, then I'll work through the 0xxx codes.

So far, there's no new tricks coming up. Each code seems to do something to the car, like alter the speed, turning, brakes, etc, but nothing that can't be done through the standard settings from the looks of it. But I'm not even 1/4 of the way through the codes, so hopefully something good will turn up!

I also miscounted the total number of possible codes. Since there's no zero or 9 for the last three digits, there's only 1024 possible codes, not 1556. Oh, well! :)

Namuna
01-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Excellent work keal!

keal
01-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Thanks, Namuna!
I should be finished going through the 9XXX codes by tonight.
So far, I haven't found any codes that do any tricks or stunts.
Many of the codes seem to be custom settings for the speed and steering. Maybe some of the codes let you imitate other cars, like making your Skyline run like a Beetle, but it's hard to tell.

I'll give another progress report by tomorrow (Saturday) :)

Adam
01-18-2003, 12:57 AM
I have found the oposite to be true on my controler. If you set the acceleration to 8 it takes a while to get to full speed, But at 1 it takes off right off the bat. I dont know if mine is the only one like this or not. I would like to hear from others on whether 1 or 8 seems to be the quickest acceleration. I tried it on all four of my cars and it seems to be this way on all four, the yellow beetle on ID1, the Blue Lancer on ID2, The black Skyline on ID3 and the White Fairlady Z on ID4, and it was also the same on my friends Old style silver skyline ID2. Could someone else please tell me if they are having problems with run time on the newer cars? I cant get more than 8 minutes out of the new cars but the old skyline I sold to my friend still has 15minutes run time per charge.

keal
01-18-2003, 04:27 AM
Adam,

Thanks for pointing out the acceleration tip. You're right! Setting it to 1 does make the car start at max speed, and 8 makes it climb up to speed. I'll see if I can correct my posting above.
Thanks again!

keal
01-27-2003, 01:40 AM
Okay everyone, I've been through all 1024 possible
secret codes, and I found no idling codes (the ones that make
the car dance), and none of the other codes do anything
peculiar to the cars.

As far as codes to simulate the type R Propo controller (with
slower reverse throttle) or codes to emulate other DigiQ cars,
I can't say for sure. All the codes have an effect on the speed,
acceleration curve, steering and braking, but it's hard to just
guess those. We'll have to wait for Konami to release those
codes officially on their website.

I'm pretty sure I did a thorough job testing out the codes, but
I'll go through them again at a leisurely pace to double-check
that I didn't miss any goodies :D

Adam
01-30-2003, 02:50 AM
I would like to point out to all Propo Special controller owners that no two people will drive alike so just because a setting works for one person doesnt mean it will work well for you, make minor adjustments to the setting to find what works best for you. Keal pointed this out in a post, Drifting3431, can be changed to 3441,51,61,71,or even 81. It all depends on the car and the person controlling it. As for the codes, you dont have much of a choice on some so you have to get used to the handling associated with it. And in Closing, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE PROPO SPECIAL CONTROLLER- BUY IT NOW!!!!!!:cool:

kwikbb
01-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Adam
IF YOU DONT HAVE THE PROPO SPECIAL CONTROLLER- BUY IT NOW!!!!!!:cool:
Damn you and your enticing advertising, I'm finding it more and more difficult to resist the power of the 'Q'. LOL :p

ViperKid
04-10-2003, 04:38 PM
well..i don't.....ok:D :D

what happens when you turn the steering wheel or hit the trigger when the red light is blinking? it said in big bold letters "do not touch when red light is blinking " of coarse i didn't anyways while i was figuring it out. i hope it isn't hurt:(

Namuna
05-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Ronin,

Buying just the car and the Propo Special is fine...Actually it's recommended.

Getting the 'kit' and then upgrading to the Propo Special leaves you with an unused controller.

gertman
05-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Yes they do sell R-types with out controllers.

Cheng
06-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by gertman
Yes they do sell R-types with out controllers.

All r-types?

I just thought it was the fairlady and the toyota sports 800... :(

If thats the case, I just bought a rx-7, trueno (kits)and propo special..., should have got them seperately...

bvsciguy
09-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Am I understanding correctly when you say "make a Skyline run like a Beetle" does that mean that each car has different attributes and a Skyline will run different than a Beetle?
Thanks

chrome
11-06-2003, 09:22 PM
i'd like to know where to buy the special controller,

Namuna, for some reason, my pm has been disabled...and do you have any digiQ cars and regular controller that i could buy at a low price...