PDA

View Full Version : Furlani Track completed (pics and video links)

DaveF!
01-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Photo's of the track available at:
View photo's of the track here (http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK)

Video of a Time Trial, and races on the track available (in the downloads area) of AusMicro (http://www.AusMicro.com)

Let me know what you think of it. :D

nghts
01-14-2003, 05:57 PM
that looks like a really cool track

bjv5
01-14-2003, 06:48 PM
How did you do that!! Is really cool! Good job

cowfish_29
01-14-2003, 10:24 PM
wow is that made out of alluminum? that must have taken a looonnngg time. It looks challenging too. good job!

DaveF!
01-14-2003, 10:38 PM
3 months of 3 nights a week, 3-5 hours at a time. Loads of planning before hand (though when I built the track I had never touched a Char-G). I read up a lot in several forums to find out good materials to use, width of track to use, what motors would best suit the area I had to build the track in, etc.

I used Trackbuilder to plan the layout, which made the process easier, but gave very rigid looking results, so I played with some parts of the design. The next bit of track I build I will play with the design even more to make the curves seem more organic.

I scoured the web to find all the logos for the barriers, and found ways to make the processes easier by trial and error. I still think there's some tweaking to be done for next time.

This was a Xmas pressie for the kids, so I wanted to do a really good job of it. I think having that as motivation was the reason I put in so much hard work, and the results paid off so well.

MTL
01-14-2003, 11:41 PM
woah

skater252000
01-15-2003, 02:46 AM
That is prolly in the top 3 of the best tracks I've ever seen. I love the bridges and stickered guardrails. Is there any way you could post the pic of your track pattern cuz Ima be makin a track soon and that is exactly what I want it to be like.

Maza
01-15-2003, 05:25 AM
dood are u sure u didnt make a city because that is 1 huge track.DAM:mad: :mad: :mad: i wish i could do that.
________
Hudson hornet (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Hudson_Hornet)
________
Shemale Videos (http://www.****tube.com/categories/36/shemale/videos/1)
________
HOW TO ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

NokturnaL
01-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Its so beautiful :*)

DaveF!
01-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Yup. It's pretty big. About 20-25m or actual track when the full track is set up in full. Needs about 3m x 3m of space to set it up like that too.

I didn't keep the designs, except in my head. Use Trackmaker (or is it Trackbuilder?) software to design your layout. Each square to be about 20-50cm depending on the motors you'll use. 20cm for 1.0-1.6, 50cm for 3.0+.

Fourustwentius
01-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Really great job on the track, I would love to drive it.........my..........prescious.................l ol

DaveF!
01-21-2003, 12:51 AM
Aw shucks guys. It does look like a mini city when all of it is laid out now that you mention it. Tahes a whilke to drive around it too, but that was my plan.

I'm tempted to open it up to the public (what little their is around here with the cars), but what to charge, and how to stop little kids trashing it in the blink of an eye?

As it is I'm taking it in to work tomorrow for a little inter work Grand Prix. The branch I work in is known as IMB, so it's the IMBernational Grand Prix, or the IMB GP for short. Pictures and maybe some video highlights to follow in the next few days. :D

BenCloned
01-22-2003, 10:22 AM
That is the second biggest...

- Maxwell Smart

DaveF!
01-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Second biggest what? Track you've seen? Yeah. I've seen a bigger one, mind you it wasn't designed originally for that scale.

I used to work with a guy who's name was Maxwell Smart. he retired a few months ago. How about that. :p

BenCloned
01-22-2003, 05:11 PM
That was a ripoff from the old "Get Smart" sitcom, for those of you born before 1975.

DaveF!
01-22-2003, 05:20 PM
I usd to love watching Get Smart old Agent 86. I kind of get your quote, and thought it might have been a Get Smart thing, but don't fully get the joke. Sorry. :confused:

BenCloned
01-22-2003, 05:43 PM
It's an inuendo, referring to himself as the biggest, of course.

DaveF!
01-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Gotcha.

Never as funny when you have to explain it though. Sorry for being so thick.

krackle
01-22-2003, 11:54 PM
nice track! excellent job, I wouldnt open that track up to the public, as you say the lil kids will trash it in a blink of an eye. keep it all to yourself! :D

zis is KAOS, we don't dut dut dut (machine gun sounds) here!

Omega
01-24-2003, 07:01 AM
I was born in 82 but I used to watch get smart on nick at night show was hilarious. but anyhow that is a VERY cool track... wish I could just go buy one or something I guess I'll have to build my own track I just have very little patience

BenCloned
01-24-2003, 08:45 AM
There's some guy on e-bay selling a simple track for around $550. That's the price you pay for no patience.

midget_man1387
01-24-2003, 12:07 PM
My word, that is a beautiful track! Mad props, man!

DaveF!
01-28-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm actualy thinking about building to sell the tracks, but as you say, there's super simple no-frills tracks selling for $550 US. What sort of a price would I have to put on these tracks considerring the more detailed end result, and who would buy them at that price?

By that way that's a shameless plug and if someone wants to make an offer to buy a 2m x 1m version of this track just let me know. Make an offer, but keep in mind they'll be selling for over $600 US, and I'd have to make it after you order it.

Fourustwentius
01-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Even if I had the money I still would'nt buy one. Cause you can't buy the pride of making it yourself. And if it's good you get praise from "Agent 99"!:D Nothing personal, but if people are playing with bits and don't have patience, then they are in the wrong hobby. " Patience young Grasshoper".:cool:

DaveF!
01-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh, building it was great fun, and I'm really proud of the end result. I feel stupid asking if anyone wants to buy one, but I need the cash, and it's something I can do.

Perhaps I 'll put some on eBay and see what I get.