PDA

View Full Version : Computer Controlled

noxorc
01-08-2003, 10:35 PM
As a midnight project, I am computerizing my cars. Full blown control, with complete scripts to execute commands in order. The goal will be to control all six MHz channels at once through one interface.

I have seen two or three different implementations, but not to the extent that I am looking for. (Atari joystick, qbasic parallel, etc)

The GUI will run on a PC or a handheld (iPAQ). It will also contain a database to callup different cars owners have (carmfg, carmake, carmodel, carmotor, cargear, cartires, carbattery, carmods, etc)

The first round of hardware will be a single MHz channel connection to the parallel port. Then adding the computerized 6 MHz channels. Then look into serial/usb interface. All on a clones. Then I'll crack open my bitcharg. If all goes well, I could productized it. (will need testers).

:cool: Nox

sessiz10
01-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Sounds cool. So You would be able to control the car from a handheld and it would controll multiple freqs. I'ld be willing to test.

Namuna
01-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Sounds good noxorc, definitely keep us up to date on how things go!

I've got a Vox (Audiovox Maestro) and I'm definitely interested in a PocketPC control option!

Thanks.

noxorc
01-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Done with my breadboard layout, sorry I don't have my digital camera with me, pictures later.

Since I'm running Win XP, I came across an issue I didn't know about, and that is MS's NT kernel protects against users accessing the IO ports. Thanks to some shareware out there, I've gotten pass the problem (win95, 98, ME, don't have the problem).

Got some of the database and GUI going also...looks like a Microsizers remote control.

UPS just dropped off my new HI HUMMER MYSTERY (BLACK). I thought I ordered the 49MHz, but go the 27MHz....hmmmm

-nox

noxorc
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM
First picture, the remote is fully functional, click on a button and the car goes.

noxorc
01-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Database page, you can enter whatever you want and/or also click on the pictures for ease. Database is endless, attached to MS Access.

noxorc
01-12-2003, 09:19 PM
This is the coolest part. Just for testing, I added 12 different timeslots to program, each with their own time delay. The most awesome thing to see, once you programmed in a sequence.
so far I have not found a need for more than 12.

noxorc
01-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Hardware picture

noxorc
01-12-2003, 09:30 PM
hardware with remote

frizzen
01-12-2003, 09:56 PM
If you need an extra tester for the software, let me know!

Also, can we get a diagram for how you wire up the remote to the port controller? (serial plug?)

noxorc
01-12-2003, 10:15 PM
The only useful part of the software without the hardware would be the database. One could keep track of their cars and mods.

The hardware taps into the controllers switches. Each MFG I've come across makes them a little different. Either a pull-up to +5 or a drain to gnd.

Namuna
01-13-2003, 10:40 AM
Off you go...

frizzen
01-14-2003, 02:17 AM
I figured the user would have to know their way around a multimeter to set up the controller.

That just looks so incredibly awesome!!

What would I have to do to be deemed worthy to get a copy of it when it's ready?

noxorc
01-14-2003, 09:56 AM
As time moves on, I don't see myself implementing a multi-MHz box. I invision creating single (different MHz) boxes, one for each available signal and running them on different computers. The way I see it, two or more (up to six) friends, each having a laptop connected to their car. Then, each individual can control and drive their car around the track.

-Nox

noxorc
01-14-2003, 07:22 PM
empty box and board

noxorc
01-14-2003, 07:24 PM
attached to the laptop...the cable allows the transmiter to be placed far out into a room for greatest range.

noxorc
01-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Introducing the "Nox-Box"

strider_mt2k
01-16-2003, 06:21 PM
That is one slick mod my man!
Kudos !

timisone
01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
how much for one

noxorc
01-16-2003, 11:58 PM
what is one willing to pay for this setup?

1 Clone Bit-char-g (most likely a MotorWorks) Car and Remote
1 Nox-Box
1 CCRC Software CD

(software support if mod's are required, wish lists will be looked at, with my current change rate, not sure you can keep up with me)

Not provided: batteries, parallel cable

($10-20 for Car/Remote)
($20 for Nox-Box, parts & time)
($20 for CCRC software)

timisone
01-17-2003, 12:15 AM
sounds far what do i have to do

dabigpig
01-17-2003, 12:25 AM
here is an idea. introduce pulsing buttons exparament with different pulses and you could control speed in forword and reverse you coul even control turning slowly. Just a thought why don't you give it a try and see how it works out?

noxorc
01-17-2003, 08:15 AM
With my "AutoDrive" page in my software, I can control time and rate pulses to the controller. Since the computer is SO much faster than a human, it's one pulse is on the order of Millisec. Way too fast for even the motor to ramp up. One needs aleast 1sec of constant signal to get the car to move. The granularity in the software gives you this capability.

-Nox

timisone
01-17-2003, 12:21 PM
whats ur email so we can talk about me getting one

Racer9
01-17-2003, 02:40 PM
me too

noxorc
01-17-2003, 09:34 PM
As a registered user, my email should be in my profile.
noxorc@attbi.com

met-sb
01-19-2003, 09:42 AM
those prices are a rip off u can make one your self for 30 $ less

met-sb
01-19-2003, 09:44 AM
i would just pay 15 for the sofware

noxorc
01-19-2003, 01:01 PM
My prices seem reasonable to me and they stand as is. I have done the work and laid it out for you, if you care to make your own then you can do so. $10 for parts and $10 to put it together for you is fair in my eyes. If you have your own car, then you already understand pricing on the cars. Add them together and total cost is about the $30 as you say, but this is just for the hardware.
As for the software, the key that makes it work, my creativity for this piece is easily worth the $20 I am asking. Or you can spend the time and effort to write your own. It's your choice!

noxorc
01-20-2003, 01:55 PM
main screen

noxorc
01-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Driving page

dabigpig
01-20-2003, 02:39 PM
ok i have an idea being a programmer myself (sort of) i can understand how long it takes to trubble shoot problems in some code. my suggestion to you is to make this a time trial something like 20 runs or 30 days what ever comes first then the program just displays a nag screen. then they have to pay for an unlock code. you should show the circuit schimatics for all to see then they can make it themselves and if they want they can pay you for you to make it for them. just a suggestion of how i think i would think do it.

noxorc
01-20-2003, 06:06 PM
all the hardware layout (circuit schimatic) can be found on page one. There isn't more I can do in that area, except to sell them one that I made.

I have thought about the 'shareware' version. In fact, I made one, but it is too big for my ISP to hold for me (~10MB).

-nox

Spongebob
01-20-2003, 10:30 PM
can i be a tester? i want to compare this to a regular controller.

dabigpig
01-20-2003, 11:29 PM
all the hardware layout (circuit schimatic) can be found on page one. There isn't more I can do in that area, except to sell them one that I made. kool forgot that was there when i typed this

it is too big for my ISP to hold for me (~10MB).

Is this with full winzip compression? if not try it and if it is smaller there you go. I think mine is 10Mb also :(

oh ya and can you control with up down left right keys? if you want a real challenge try to hook it up to work with the joystick pulsing at different rates depending how far the joystick goes. This is going to be a pretty big file.

what are you programming it in?

noxorc
01-21-2003, 07:03 AM
my man, you must look at the screen shots. The auto driving page already supports pulsing. Allowing the operator to set the interval rate of the pulse.

Yes, you can click in all 6-directions. Notice the small square boxes on the left side controller pad on the main page.
Forward, Forward-right, Forward-Left, Stop is in the middle, and the same for Reverse.

Yes, with winzip it's still ~10mb.

Those of you who want to test.
How do you want to do that? Have you made any hardware yourself?
Are you just interested in playing with the software?
What O/S are you running?

-Nox

dabigpig
01-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Yes, you can click in all 6-directions. Notice the small square boxes on the left side controller pad on the main page.

you missunderstood the point i was trying to make. i know that clicking them makes it move but clicking on them is slow and doesn't allow that good of control of your car so what you should do is also be able to control it with the arrow keys on the keyboard so it is faster and more controlable.

my man, you must look at the screen shots. The auto driving page already supports pulsing. Allowing the operator to set the interval rate of the pulse.

again i think that i have been misunderstood. have it so you can control it with your computers joystick so that the farther you push on the joystick the less it pulses and the faster the car goes, the same would go with stearing.

noxorc
01-21-2003, 01:02 PM
yea, ok, I understand you points.

On the joystick idea (hardware stick), I was thinking that a joystick could be used to feedback the time/distance a car travels and record those coordance in a script. Then just play back the script and the car would repeat it's path. (easier for the user)

GUI-based.... a joystick picture (topview) as you click and hold the joystick and drag it to the top of the screen, the car goes in that direction. The more you drag (bend) the stick to the North position, the more pulse bandwidth you give it.

I can add keyboard (arrow) keys, future release.

-Nox

noxorc
01-21-2003, 02:48 PM
Just added to the pull down a 'one-click 3 point turn'. (left or right)

Spongebob
01-21-2003, 04:32 PM
i don't have any hardware, or know how to solder, or how to make any. im interested in the software, and comparing the regular control to a pc-controller. i already have a car, and only need the controller and a nox-box. i am running win xp, but winME in my laptop. i am a newB programmer in BASIC, so I don't know if i can help if it's in any other language.

dabigpig
01-21-2003, 04:57 PM
quick question what are you programming in?

noxorc
01-21-2003, 05:49 PM
well Spongebob... are you coming up with any bucks or are you a free ride? To be honest, your qualifications (at least listed) don't warrent much.

Most of the app was/is written in VB6 with some side help from VC++.

I thinking, I do need some software testers to build up my scripting library of car routines. (time consuming)

Back on the thread of using a computer's joystick. I'm not interested in that interface. I will add keyboard direction keys (soon).

-Nox

dabigpig
01-21-2003, 06:30 PM
cool a vb6 guy. me too, well im learning when i feel suficiently vb'd out i want to learn c++ 6 cuz u can just do more from what i have heard.

noxorc
01-27-2003, 04:08 PM
I have added the loading and saving of scripts from app's directory. (nice feature, gives the ability to quickly load and save routines, I have scripts like figure8, zigzag, squareright, squareleft)

Added a 'menu bar' with same options as picture clicks.

Added 'Registration' so I can give out shareware versions.

News: Opened my 'Microsizer Controller' and it's 100%
compatable with the 'NoxBox'. So I solders in the connectors and now my Skyline is Computer Controlled. There is such a difference in turning ability between the 'clones' and the Tomy versions.

-Nox

strakka
01-27-2003, 07:40 PM
what will be the cost of the software?

noxorc
01-27-2003, 08:10 PM
20 beans.... with a couple of updates and bug fixes.

Once you install the package, new updates are just a drop in of the binary.

-Nox

noxorc
01-28-2003, 02:27 PM
:)

Added keypad as input to drive the car. (oh yea..it's nice, makes it fun on the open floor)

Here's a picture of my Microsizers cable out. I didn't want to cut the plastic, so I just let it dangle.....

Also making the 'NoxBox' in a smaller container.. The car sits nicely on top.

On my laptop, the power cord is right next to the parallel port, so I can't plug the NoxBox directly into it. Having a long parallel cable is nice, but doesn't fit in my Car Case to well. So I put together this small extention.

-Nox

strakka
01-29-2003, 08:01 PM
i would like to buy this off of you. you said that its about $20 rite? email me back on it
thanks

strakka
01-31-2003, 09:48 PM
yeah i got your email nox but hotmail sucks and wont let me email you back. anyways how does each one work?

Pojo
01-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Ok Mr.Nox,
When I save up the money (could be a little while, gotta sell a couple of old gamesystems), I will purchase 1 NoxBox, 1 Software CD with easy-to-understand instructions, however the hookup I will pay you for, if that's alright. I'll pay $50USD for noxbox, software, and installation of the plug-ins on 2 of my controllers. E-mail me with details if this can be arranged. pojo57@hotmail.com

Swavey
02-03-2003, 12:10 AM
What would be the dificulty level in your adding a USB feature as some new notebooks (Toshiba for example) dont have all the parallel ports, and USB would just be more effitient.

My Sony has proper ports and stuff, I just figured USB would be a great added feature

noxorc
02-03-2003, 03:49 PM
To all interested, I need to work on documentation.
It's easy to use, it just should come with it.

Adding the USB interface would give the advantage when porting to Windows CE for the PocketPC world. Still on my wish list.

I just bought a ZipZap and like a Dodge Ram Clone, the Forward and reverse are backwards from Microsizers. BUT, as my software handles each car individually, not a problem. I allow the software to dynamicly map the pins per car.

Someone asked how does it work?
The question is, how much details do you want/need?

The software drives the computers parallel port connected to a NoxBox. The NoxBox is connected to a specific MHz Remote controller. Selecting a 'Forward' direction through the software interface, asserts a line to the NoxBox which drives the remote controller to press 'Forward'. Same for each direction available.

-Nox

noxorc
02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
anyone know where I can post my trial version of CCRC_Nox?

Winzipped ~10mb.

Oh, only post if it's a free dumping ground.

Swavey
02-05-2003, 07:04 PM
If people can use an ftp than that should work fine......
ftp servers are easy to set up, and you can use your own personal bandwidth.........

odb
02-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Hello,
I wil be more than glad to host it,
please contact me using one of the following means
email : ikornienko@hotmail.com
aol : odb7152
msn : ikornienko@hotmail.com

I can set your ftp account up in seconds!!
And people will be able to download it from their browser
all I need from you is a text file with this info
how long it took you to make, what language you used, brief explanation of what it does.

Originally posted by noxorc
anyone know where I can post my trial version of CCRC_Nox?

Winzipped ~10mb.

Oh, only post if it's a free dumping ground.

ph2t
02-05-2003, 07:36 PM
heya noxorc,

I'm more than happy to help.

Email me at ph2t@prahranpianos.com

cheers,

ph2t.

ph2t
02-06-2003, 04:36 PM
The software is available.

Get it from here:

http://www.prahranpianos.com/bit_g/ccrcnox101.zip

cheers,

ph2t.

noxorc
02-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks ph2t for posting this.

If you want to download,
right click and select "Save Target As..."

This is version 1.0.1. and has a trial run of 30 times.

Full function.

Suggestions, modifcations, debugs, etc...

mailto:noxorc@attbi.com

-Nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Can you please post a picture of the connections inside your MicroSizers controller? The schematics just show up, down, left, and right, but where on the controller's circuit board are those?

Also, why do you need a noxbox? Is it possible to connect your controller directly to your parallel port?

noxorc
02-07-2003, 06:31 AM
I'll have to take that picture your looking for, as I dont have one.
The solder points are just on one side of each switch.

The first question is actually related to the second.

The Standard parallel port (and think of the number of Computer MFG's out there) implemented does not have enough pull-up or pull-down to drive (and again, think of the number of Remote Controllers MFG's out there, ie clones) the remote control.

In other words, the parallel port toggles logical 1's and 0's. Which do not always translate to a +5volts and a Ground.

The CCRC_NoxBox can take that logical signal and translate it into a full pull-down to ground. (also tying a common ground between the computer and the remote control)

So, yes there might be A computer out there, that can drive A remote control. But that's a lottery.

-Nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Thanks. That answer was exactly what I was looking for. I should be building one either this weekend or next weekend.

ugh. I still don't know which transistor to use though. I have a BitChar-G. PNP or NPN? I read through this thread a couple of times, but I don't remember seeing that it uses the same one as yours. Which transistor did you use for your MicroSizers one? I'm pretty sure it would be the same as that one.

AzNPrideBoy
02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lawrencelau/bit/q.jpg

I noticed the ground leads (circled in green) in your schematics were not connected to anything. Where do I connect those ground leads to? I'm guessing to pin 18? or do I leave them disconnected like what it says in the schematics? Thanks.

AzNPrideBoy
02-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Sorry for asking so many questions, but can you use any kind of NPN transistor? Can you perhaps tell me what kind of transistor you used? I don't know anything about them nor what they do or how they work.

noxorc
02-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Anything Radioshack puts out. (2N3904 or MPS2222A, etc...)

-Nox

noxorc
02-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Just after I released the trial...

I have added customizing colors. Also it remembers where you placed the windows, so you don't have to keep repositioning.

-nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Just an idea: perhaps use the mic for voice command? I'm guessing it's pretty hard. I only know some basic C++ and Java and I have no clue how I would do that.

noxorc
02-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Nice idea...

with a limited vocabulary as input, shouldn't be so hard.

I can see what plug-ins are available.

How's your box coming along?

-Nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Since I hate RadioShack w/ a passion, I am getting all my parts from Jameco.com. They have some extraordinary prices.

noxorc
02-13-2003, 07:21 AM
Has anyone tried my software?

what do you think?

any problems?

AzNPrideBoy
02-13-2003, 08:31 AM
Well, I wanted to run the program just to see what exactly it can do. But when I start it up, I get an error and Microsoft asks if I want to report the error. It's probably because I didn't have anything connected to my LP1 port. I'll try again after I finish building the box this Friday.

noxorc
02-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Can you post the error message, and when it occurs?

-Nox

Racer9
02-13-2003, 05:41 PM
Just an idea! Make one that you can adjust the trim settings on and also make it pulse the steering and throttle. Eventually make it evolve to all digital propotional control!

Spongebob
02-13-2003, 06:54 PM
I think AznPrideboy ment the Win XP error that wants you to submit an error message to microsoft. it pops up everytime a program stops responding. The program quits, and that message pops up.

AzNPrideBoy
02-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Spongebob
I think AznPrideboy ment the Win XP error that wants you to submit an error message to microsoft. it pops up everytime a program stops responding. The program quits, and that message pops up.

exactly.

The program never boots up for me. Once I click on the .exe file, I get an error.

Here's what it says:
"Computer Control your 1/64 scale R/C Cars. has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error Signature:
AppName: ccrc_nox.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: win95io.dll
ModVer: 1.1.0.2 Offset: 00001027

I don't know if that helps you much. Could it be because I don't have the NoxBox connected to the computer? Once I build it, I'll try it again.

Spongebob
02-14-2003, 04:40 PM
if that still doesn't work, try running it in win98 compatability mode.

noxorc
02-14-2003, 07:50 PM
If your running Win2k or XP, then you first need to run 'UserPort.exe'. Found within the installed directory. Guess know one reads the 'ReadMe'.

You do not need a NoxBox attached to run the software.
Infact, I run it to keep track of my cars (CarInfo database).

-Nox

noxorc
02-14-2003, 07:53 PM
details soon...

but....A true "Hobbico" controller... and software... $30..

-Nox

noxorc
02-15-2003, 04:24 PM
The Latest and Greatest NoxBox intergrated!

You tell me the MHz you want (27MHz or 49MHz) and I'll ship you a Microsizers Controller with Intergrated NoxBox and the latest CCRC_Nox Software CD for $30.

Send mail to noxorc@attbi.com

-Nox

noxorc
02-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Attached to a laptop....

strakka
02-15-2003, 04:41 PM
sorry, is that $30 US????

noxorc
02-15-2003, 04:50 PM
that's correct $30 US Dollars.

You get:
1 (one) Hobbico MicroSizers Controller w/ integrated Noxbox.
1 (one) CD contains CCRC_Nox Software.

I don't know how much shipping is...So, I guess you have to include that charge. Couple of bucks (US Dollars).

You DON'T get:
The MicroSizer Car!

-Nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Hmm.. I read that readme file too... well I ran the program and hit "start." For some odd reason, it says:

"Driver does not exist:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\UserPort.sys"

Is this only me?

Nice, new controllers by the way. I'm impressed how you got all to fit into that controller.

AzNPrideBoy
02-15-2003, 08:27 PM
OK... I noticed the UserPort.sys file is in the CCRC_Nox directory, so I copied and pasted it into the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers directory since the UserPort program was looking for it there. I hit start, then exit like you said... ran ccrc_nox.exe, same error... I'm not computer illiterate either. I don't now what's up...

noxorc
02-15-2003, 09:43 PM
The install should have copied that file to the windows subdirectory. I'll check into that.

But your still not running the correct program first! ! ! !

Have you tried to run "USERPORT.EXE" ????
Then you run "ccrc_nox.exe"

-Nox

noxorc
02-15-2003, 09:47 PM
For those concerned about loosing your ports on the back of your computer because of the closeness. You can always use a standard RS-232 extension cable to move the unit further out.

-Nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by noxorc
The install should have copied that file to the windows subdirectory. I'll check into that.

But your still not running the correct program first! ! ! !

Have you tried to run "USERPORT.EXE" ????
Then you run "ccrc_nox.exe"

-Nox
I did run that program first. Still doesn't work. I installed the program on two different computers and I get the same error. My cousin got the same errors as well. Maybe it's just the install file I got. Can you link me to your latest software?

noxorc
02-16-2003, 07:33 AM
What version Operating System are you trying this on?

Win95
Win98
WinMe
Win2K
WinXP

I have tested an install on each virgin O/S without any problems.

So, for me to help you, I need an exact breakdown of the steps you take to install and run and where along that path the error occurs.

Here are some top level questions... (Fill in more if you have them)

Did the Zipfile, uncompress without errors?

When you 'double clicked' on the 'setup.exe' program from the zipfile, did the program start up?

Did the Install process say it was complete ? any errors?

Did you install into the 'default' directory?

Was an Icon "CCRC_Nox" placed off of the 'Start', 'Programs' menu?

Did you read the 'Readme' file in the installed directory?

Did you run 'UserPort.exe', if you are running Win2k or WinXP?
(if so, did you reboot ?)

What happens in detail when you select 'CCRC_Nox' from the 'Start', 'Programs' menu?

I can not help anyone who does not try and help me. details matter.

-Nox

AzNPrideBoy
02-16-2003, 11:31 AM
Oh I'm sorry...

1st installation

1. Unzipped ccrcnox101.zip into a directory on my desktop. No problems.
2. Ran setup.exe
3. Installed it into user defined directory (C:\My Utilities\CCRC_Nox\)
4. Ran UserPort.exe (error: Driver does not exist: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UserPort.sys)
5. I manually copied and pasted UserPort.sys into the windows system directory.
5. Ran ccrc_nox by clicking on the shortcut in the start menu (error as explained previously)
6. Ran ccrc_nox.exe (same error)

2nd installation

1. Unzipped ccrcnox101.zip into a directory on my desktop. No problems.
2. Ran setup.exe
3. Installed it into default directory(C:\Program Files\CCRC_Nox\)
4. Ran UserPort.exe (same error there)
5. Tried to run ccrc_nox.exe. (Same error)

I hope that clears things up. My cousin and I are both using the same zip file. Perhaps the file we downloaded was currupted. Can you link me to another one?

Also, I have finished building my NoxBox. However, I'm not sure how to connect the stuff in my controller. I noticed that each button on the controller has 4 leads. Which lead do I connect it to?

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

noxorc
02-16-2003, 01:28 PM
What controller are you using? (Motorworks, Microsizers, etc)
Need to know, to explain the right pinouts.

As to the software, The problem lies with running UserPort.exe
We must have success here for the software to talk out the parallel port.

You said:
4. Ran UserPort.exe (error: Driver does not exist: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UserPort.sys)
5. I manually copied and pasted UserPort.sys into the windows system directory.

1. Either by the software installation or by manual copy, make sure \windows\system32\drivers\UserPort.sys exists in the directory.
3. Run UserPort.exe
4. Make sure all address ranges are selected from the 'Left' to the 'Right'.
5. Click on 'Start', it should say "Driver Already Started!"
6. if not already started, exit reboot.... goto step 3

Post results.

-Nox

noxorc
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Noxorc's Hobbico's integrated NoxBox for sale on the web. (http://home.attbi.com/~noxorc/store.html)

AzNPrideBoy
02-17-2003, 04:59 PM
I have a Bit-Charg... it should be the same as the MicroSizer one I think.

noxorc
02-17-2003, 06:37 PM
email me at noxorc@attbi.com or post your email address.

mattsx2005
02-18-2003, 10:38 AM
where do i get that file userport.sys cause i can't find it
:confused:

noxorc
02-18-2003, 10:43 AM
The file is found in the install program.

It is copied automaticly to the \windows\system32\drivers\ subdirectory.

Did you do a 'search for file' on your computer?

If you still do not find it... let me know, and I'll post one on my website.

-Nox

mattsx2005
02-18-2003, 10:52 AM
can u juz post it
and i have xp if that makes any difference

AzNPrideBoy
02-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Ah I finally figured it out. I think you mentioned this somewhere... Right click on the program, go to properties, then go to the compatibility tab. Run it in Windows 98 mode.

Also, noxorc, in your "About CCRC_Nox," you spelled unauthorized incorrectly. :p

noxorc
02-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Spelling corrected, thanks.

noxorc
02-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Here is a short video clip of a car under CCRC_Nox.

CCRC_Nox Video Clip #1 (http://home.attbi.com/~noxorc/ccrc_nox1.wmv)

-Nox

CRUMB
02-27-2003, 10:36 PM
nice

noxorc
02-28-2003, 10:06 AM
The latest version of CCRC_Nox software, now has support for Booster Cars.

-Nox

noxorc
03-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Got your email.....went away.....back now..

have replied...

-nox

noxorc
03-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Just posted a new trial version.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

-Nox

CCRC_Nox Trial Software (http://home.attbi.com/~noxorc/store.html)

starion_999
03-10-2003, 03:57 AM
Some one that can read Japanese needs to go to this site!
They have some mods not posted here along with this one...
Nox... I still believe yours is more practical. Check it out-->PC controller in Japanese! (http://www.age.jp/~ex2/bit/a_custom.html)

noxorc
03-10-2003, 07:31 AM
Yup, Japanese, yup still can't read it.

Same idea, have the computer control the bit.
Except they have this big clunky PICNIC controller inbetween.

There are endless designs that can take place in this area.

-Nox

Squishy
03-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Use babelfish. I did, and it is just a bunch of mumbo. Didn't even say how they did it ( I think so, i just skimmed over it)

noxorc
03-29-2003, 11:24 PM
can I say .... bump.? hmmm

noxorc
03-31-2003, 09:37 AM
I have rewritten some of my app to use a new DLL I wrote.

This eliminates the need to run the software on XP in compatability mode. Also the need for the "UserPort" app.

it's completely selfcontained now.

Also working on a downloadable version, for those that want to just buy the software and make your own boxes.

-Nox

ph2t
03-31-2003, 04:49 PM
Nox, you bitpimp you! :D :D :D :D :D

How's the "projekt" going?

ph2t.

noxorc
03-31-2003, 05:31 PM
going great, having fun...

Quite a projekt you have going yourself.

I've been checking out your schmatic. not sure I'm ready to tackle yours.

show some pic's of your hardware when you can.

-nox

ph2t
03-31-2003, 06:14 PM
Yeah, sometimes I think I might of bitten off more than I can chew.:) I have run into an issue when trying to do propo speed and steering at the same time, some germans have told me that there is issues with timings and the "coding" of the signals in the TX2/RX2 chipsets. But I haven't had a change to check it out yet since my life is still in boxes from the move to a new house on the weekend.:mad:

Oh, well............ With enough people hassling my I will prolly get off my arse soon and do somethink.........

I'd give you a link to the forums at ausmicro.com where this has been detailed but the site is down at tha 'mo........ arghhhh!

ph2t.

charliebrown
07-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Wow that is a nice mod! (You better watch it Ahh5hit or you could get cooled LOL)

pinoybitman
09-02-2003, 07:38 AM
ey nox, have people been buying?

noxorc
09-04-2003, 03:45 PM
sure, when I was selling it...I got a bunch of users out there.

stop selling them just a short while ago. Too much on my plate.

-nox

1sweetride
12-10-2003, 09:08 PM
man i just saw this and wanted one and the software trial download doesnt work 4 me

noxorc
12-10-2003, 09:55 PM
make one.

hardware and software.
what else do you have to do?

-nox
(don't answer, I don't really want to know)

Speedycheater
12-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Great work man! Any chance you could send me the program or upload it again? I can make the harware but not the software. None of the links work.

Speedycheater
12-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Once again, is there anybody who has a copy of Nox's software which he is no longer selling? I have already bought the parts for it, but I need the software, as I know next to nothing about this type of programming.

crrgr
01-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Boy that is real sweet stuff guys keep up the good work looks great !!

baleisen
02-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I just found this thread today. Does anybody have a copy of this program? I can do the hardware myself. I don't really want to reinvent the wheel progamatically. Its been too long since I was a good programmer. TIA.
baleisen@hotmail.com

noxorc
02-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by baleisen
I just found this thread today. Does anybody have a copy of this program? I can do the hardware myself. I don't really want to reinvent the wheel progamatically. Its been too long since I was a good programmer. TIA.
baleisen@hotmail.com

Yea...I got a copy of this program... (and you too can have a copy).

It's on the internet somewhere..... If you have a good search engine you'll find it.
(maybe you won't, if you run IE).

You can download a copy today! FREE.
(yes, I know....I said FREE, but since I don't work for M$, I can do that!)

Without complaining that the web site is now not available.
(mainly because it's dhcp'd)

Come and Get it!

CCRC_NOX 1.6 Software (FREE!) Today Only......(not) (http://66.63.111.137/ccrc_nox16.zip)

Don't ever say, I didn't give ya nothin...

I believe in FREE software...and you should TOO.
Please visit
The Free Software Foundation - GNU Project (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html)

-Nox

Speedycheater
02-18-2004, 05:36 PM
The download link given above does not work.