PDA

View Full Version : Axle problem?

blind
08-17-2002, 02:14 AM
I've had my bit for a LONG time now, got it slightly after X-mas off ebay. but anyways, lately my bit has been driving like c®ap. I use it almost everyday while I'm at work (we recently started selling a knock off bit, made by excaliber, called the mini turbo GTR, a silver skyline GTR that has 25ft range, and runs for 10 mins on a 30sec charge...noisy though, it uses different gears than the bit does)

but anyways, back to my question. My axle has broken I think, and my car is now basically one wheel drive! The wheel opposite the gears will spin independantly of the wheel on the gear's side. I tried super glueing it to the axle with thin CA glue but that wore off within a minute of driving. I run the car flat out for probably 20 charges every day, especially now that we started selling the bit char-g knockoff so I can do it when customers are in the store :D

but anyways, what can I do to fix that? should I just buy a new gear set, sell my bit char-g on ebay and buy one of the knockoffs in my store at a 55% discount? Give me some thoughts :)

BTW - our cars come with 10 tires to use as obsticals, 6 cones, and 2 detour signs. It has its own display case thing like a micro sizer but it is MUCH faster than a micro sizer, it keeps up with my bit char-g but has slower acceleration (from the different gears, it appears to use the bit racer white pinion gear that the 3.0 motors come with, and has white gears on the car, the mesh was off so I bent the motor plate with plyers of the demo model car and it became much quiter when driving, but still louder than my bit) I have to say, the 10 minute run times are awesome, but it does sell for $30

BTW - I work at Brookstone, so the cars are now nationwide in your local shopping mall :D

tinyrc
08-18-2002, 07:13 AM
If you're careful you should be able to remove the axle from the clone and put your BC-G gear and wheels on it. Alternately, just find a similarly-diametered metal rod and cut it to length.

blind
08-18-2002, 02:36 PM
how do I transfer the gears from one axle to the other? The bit has orange gears which are a different ratio than the clone's white gears.

TheFanMan
08-18-2002, 02:40 PM
brookstone sells bits? or just the knock-offs?

blind
08-18-2002, 09:03 PM
they are knock offs, but stock they keep up with my 3.0 motored bit, and they have a farther range (they have the same design controller as a microsizer, so the retractable normal style antenna)

they cost $30, my store got 3 in as a test product, and I sold all 3 (including the demo unit) within 24hours of them arriving. I actually was using my bit char-g as the demo because the cars are on 27Mhz and my controller worked perfectly with it, so I was driving 2 cars at once most of the day (my bit and the brookstone model)

the brand on the box is "Excaliber" and it uses a lower gear ratio than my bit does, making it easier to drive, slower acceleration and good top speed. I think it has a 2.2 motor, but the motor has wires soldered onto the end of it so I couldn't swap with the ones on my car, and I couldn't swap the gears either because the rear is spaced a bit differently, when we get another shipment in I'll try the axle swap I geuss...