PDA

View Full Version : old, warn out DTM SP wheels and tires

Siress
01-04-2003, 12:38 AM
I have a DRR and I need some DTM SP tires and wheels to see if the work and just to examin what I can with them. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would send me some of their old, warn out, slightly broken, what ever, wheels and tires that I could examin. I don't have access to anyone with these cars so I cant compair in person. Please e-mail me at Siress@aol.com or AIM me: Siress. Thanks in addvance.

MicroRCEngineering
01-04-2003, 12:59 AM
siress,

i have both cars. will test for you in near future.:)

dtmracer
01-04-2003, 01:01 AM
i use abc wheels on mine. i also use a abc diff(more diff balls in it) they are the same. on the front wheels though, if you want to use them on the drr, you need a little washer to put on the shaft.

Siress
01-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Thanks. I realy want to examin them and see what I might could do with them to better their use.

Siress
01-04-2003, 01:03 AM
realy...the entire diff assembly...humm.

Could I get the metal DRR wheels and put some DTM SP foam tires on them without any hang over by the wheel or tire? How much by what, if not.

dtmracer
01-04-2003, 01:13 AM
the aluminum wheels are overkill, they will just weigh your car down because of the greater rotating mass. the width of an abc rim and an drr rim is exactly the same. so using a abc foam should work perfect.

Siress
01-04-2003, 01:15 AM
well, I want the metal wheels because all of the plastic ones are warped.

Siress
01-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Ok, the plastic wheels are cracking where they touch the bearings because of the pressure. Also, the local DRR guru said that some new ones are already cracked right there.

binaryterror
01-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Super glue works wonders on cracks.

Siress
01-08-2003, 08:54 PM
That just seems like trouble waiting to happen. Maybe a quick fix if you notice it getting bad, but once it goes, its gone. Tommy, the owner of my local hobby shop and longest owner of the rocker racers localy, had a wheel off of his first pair of foams crack and fly off in less than two weeks. :( He put shrink wrap on his new set. They still have cracked, but they haven't flown off yet. Although it would seem like he would run his all the time, he works at a auto mechanics shop all except for one hour that the hobby shop is open and he still only touches it to race (tuesdays and thursdays).