PDA

View Full Version : differnt frequency give different range?

ziggie216
08-12-2002, 01:57 PM
I was reading coupe of post how people were saying that the 27mhz doesnt give a very good range compair to the other. is this really true? I just got mine and I was hoping that this isnt really true. has anyone tried that remote that has 4 different frequency. does it work very well?

infinite
08-12-2002, 02:31 PM
suppositly the 27mhz is better, but i haven't seen a drastic difference. the booster remote isn't very good for range, unless you modify it. the only good thing about the booster remote is that you get all 4 frequencies

BaY oN AiM
08-12-2002, 06:52 PM
i have 27 and 35...i think 27 has better reception.....it can go about 2 feet farther than my 27.....

striderpunk
08-15-2002, 10:09 AM
frequency just means what will interfere with the signal If you have a remote and the tv is on you cont get great reception that means where you are affects the remote as much as the car ps I can change the channel with my bit remote

ylexot
08-15-2002, 11:04 AM
In theory, higher frequencies will have a higher range. I forget the physics behind this, so don't ask.

However, in the real world of Bit Char-Gs, it depends. There have been several revisions of controller circuit board and there is even variation within each revision.

TheFanMan
08-15-2002, 12:01 PM
my 27 had really really good range until I got my 4ch. then it went all down hill.... so I modded my 45 (double antennas) and my 4ch. (hard antenna) and I get about 30 ft. of range

CivicMachina
08-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ylexot
In theory, higher frequencies will have a higher range. I forget the physics behind this, so don't ask.

However, in the real world of Bit Char-Gs, it depends. There have been several revisions of controller circuit board and there is even variation within each revision.

Frequency is a function of energy, so the higher the frequency the farther it will go

me2cyclops
08-15-2002, 04:57 PM
I just find it interesting how striderpunk
can use a radio control to change channels on an infrared T.V.
.........unless he isnt using it that way maybe he just has good aim and can hit the buttons from across the room :rolleyes:
....ponder that!