PDA

View Full Version : Holy Rip!

Chezedog
05-08-2002, 09:06 PM
I just got a 7.2V-700mAh Battery Pack for my mini-X, and man, does it haul ass now.
I can't even contol the thing, it's like a whole 'nuther car!
http://www.birdlung.com/rc/miami.jpg

irc
05-10-2002, 12:34 PM
The 7.2V battery is great! The addition of bearings makes this car rip and handle like a 1/10 scale car! as it reduces gear binding. We have many new hop-up's comming including new suspension springs, bodies, wheel nut wrench, motor bearings,ETC.

Jeff
www.intrepidrc.com

Chezedog
05-10-2002, 04:23 PM
I imagine they'll delete that.

Chezedog
05-10-2002, 04:24 PM
I don't have anything else to say, but I just noticed that my last post was #19, so this one means I can get my avatar workin'...:D

irc
05-10-2002, 05:15 PM
I must have done something wrong? Typical newbie, what was it?

Jeff

Chezedog
05-10-2002, 05:20 PM
The real point of this forum, as with the one at mini-zracer.com is to sell cars and parts to people, and they don't don't dig it if you advertise competition on their boards.

Not that I agree with their stand on the issue, but that's how it is.

irc
05-10-2002, 05:38 PM
My bust! I dident see anything for sale. I feel like I have been caught with my pants down! maybe they would like to sell the MiniX? The post was not an attempt to sell anything it was only what I felt was good information about the topic. Thanks for letting me know and I will be more carfull next time. We are a distributor so are main goal is to set up dealers not sell product on a forum.

Jeff

Chezedog
05-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Well, like I said, it makes no difference to me.
I feel that any pertinent info should be allowed, but then, it ain't my web site!

irc
05-10-2002, 05:46 PM
What products are sold here?

Jeff

Chezedog
05-10-2002, 05:54 PM
The parts shop isn't open yet, this is a fairly new forum.
I would expect that they'll sell stuff for all of the models listed as forum topics.

In fact, I'll just shut up, because I'm sure the Admin of this joint will be along any second now...

tinyrc
05-10-2002, 09:38 PM
Absolutely no problem with anything posted - irc you've got mail.

Chezedog
05-10-2002, 09:42 PM
See, I toldja he'd be along any second!

Chezedog
05-11-2002, 09:12 AM
I've seen bearings for the mini-X, 8X12, 3X6, and 2X5....I'm wondering what each is for...

irc
05-13-2002, 02:49 PM
The 8+12 bearing is for the diff. You would need 2 sets and the 3+6 is for the wheel hubs. The bearings help so much it's like installing the 7.2V battery! The diff bearings are a little thiner than the stock bushings so the gear mesh is not so tight. The car rolls much better so speed is increased, also when you let off the throttle for the corner (If you do) the car wont get out of shape.

Jeff

irc
05-13-2002, 02:53 PM
Sorry the 2+5 bearing is a replacement bearing for the shaft strut. The new cars come with this bearing but some of the early prototypes that made it to the states had the plastic bushing. If you have the plastic bushing you will have a hot motor when running the 7.2V battery.

Jeff

ricerocketinwa
05-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Yeah, whats up with that Cheezdog? I posted a thing on Mini Z the other day about Lock Nuts, and they got all over me about posting prices and other stores names on the site. I don't think they have anything to worry about. i buy thier products too. I just dropped $45 for new Squat bearings the other day. I just like to pass savings on to other people. That is what these forums are all about, helping and sharing info, if you want to run a store, start a Store website. You don't see this kinda crap over in Maxx Traxx. Those guys are all about helping each other keep the sport to a lowest budget possible!

Just my 2 cents, get 98 more and you will have a dollar!

tinyrc
05-16-2002, 10:45 PM
ricerocketinwa, you're rather missing the point, it's not the Shop that's the issue, it's the fact that there were problems a while ago with vendors themselves posting ads to their sites etc. - if they want to do that, then they need to pay for ads! As an extension of this, individuals potentially acting as agents aren't allowed to post what could be considered as ads. Trust me, it's all with very good reason, it came about due to people abusing the forums. EOT please.

tinyrc
05-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Oh, and note that despite Chezedog's unfounded paranoia, nothing was deleted! :rolleyes:

ricerocketinwa
05-17-2002, 01:00 AM
Tiny Rc I guess I can understand your point. I wouldn't want people posting thier advertisements all over my site. It makes it look like you endorse it, and it may be a ****ty product. Point taken and I am sorry about the remark I made!

Chezedog
05-17-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by tinyrc
Oh, and note that despite Chezedog's unfounded paranoia, nothing was deleted! :rolleyes:

Look, I said I was going to drop the subject back then, so I don't see the need for that sort of comment. Unfounded paranoia my ass.
You are the paranoid one, censoring people's posts that way.

In fact, [inappropriate language removed - tinyrc] and your little parts shop.

I will no longer post to your forums, or buy any products from you.

Happy?

ricerocketinwa
05-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Hey Chezdog, it's my fault for bringing it up. I'm sorry, I was not trying to stir up trouble. I am just used to saying what I like. Free speech and all! I should have not even said anything and it would of never happen, so stay on and please post more. As for buying parts, well, do what you want there, that doesn't effect me at all, but you seem to have allot of knowledge to share with everyone, and that is what these forums are SUPPOSE to be for. It's for people to get knowledge and tips and hints and info on GOOD DEALS TOO! Some people just fall to the power of the dollar bill! GREEN GREED! LOL So all in all, please stay! Thanks Chezdog!

tinyrc
05-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Chezedog, I can't beleive you took that offensively, it wasn't intended as such, I was just pointing out that you accused us of deleting/censoring posts etc. when in fact that has never ever happend in these Forums! I was just explaining this to RRinWA, didn't mean any offense to you or to rehash the subject. The fact is that you started making unfounded accusations, and we just wanted to say that you had no reason or evidence to make them, this shouldn't be taken as an attack on your character, just that you made a mistake in this instance. Please come back, we really value your posts! :D :( You'll notice, however, that for example on HPI's forums, they don't allow people to advertise even their own private eBay auctions etc., let alone other companies. :rolleyes:

irc
06-01-2002, 01:57 AM
it's getting hot in here!!!