PDA

View Full Version : Digi Controller Special...where is a good deal?

DraKZ
08-08-2002, 12:49 AM
I am interesting in getting a couple of those Digi Controller Special...

I was wondering if anyone here knows where online to get a good deal on these? I checked eBay already and there isn't any on there.

Also I'm wondering where I could buy different bodies for the digi-q car. And why isn't there much stuff going on with digi-q and there are so much stuff going on with the bit-charG?

Thanks in advance,
DraKZ

irc
08-08-2002, 01:33 AM
We have the special controller on order and expect them next week. All other Digi Q items are in stock. I think our price on the special controller is good. www.intrepidrc.com

Namuna
08-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Hey DarKZ,

I must say I'm quite sad to see the DigiQ cars aren't doing very well. These little things are just plain MARVELS and deserve more attention than they're getting.

The BIGGEST reason the Bits are doing so well, IMO, is because of the insane amount of options, upgrades and accessories.

It's a shame Takara is going to let a great product go down the tubes because they can't LEARN the power of upgrades/options/accessories...A few decals and steering wheel accessories doesn't cut it.

Back to your question about different bodies. As it is now, you've got 2 choices.

1) With DigiQs, you can buy kits (car and remote) or just the cars. You can check my website in the 'About MicroRC' area for a chart of what's available.

2) if you want to change out just the body, you'll have to buy ChoroQs (ChoroQ have the same bodies, but only a wind up motor). There aren't that many places that sell ChoroQ, and the ones that do they don't come very cheap.

Good luck and hope that helps!

DraKZ
08-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Hi, thanks for the great information Namuna, I checked your website already and it's great, very informative.

Yeah, I just got a Penzoil Skyline GTR on eBay for a good deal (I think) and planning to get a special controller for it.

I also have a question about those new F1 car that Takara is making. Will the Special controller that I buy now work with those new F1 car? It would be great if it does.

About the body, I guess I will stick with the normal body for now and maybe thinking of putting some headlight in there so it will look cool, let me know if you have any information on how to do something like that.

Thanks again

Namuna
08-08-2002, 10:05 PM
As far as the F1s using the Propo controller, I'm going to say it's VERY LIKELY so.

If you look at the picture of the F1s on display, you'll notice that's a Digi Propo Special controller in the background (or at least it looks EXACTLY like a Propo Special). :)

I wonder how they're going to handle steering on the F1s though, I can't see having only the rear wheels (like the regular DigiQs) spin working well on something with a MUCH LONGER wheelbase. :confused:

There's NO DOUBT I'll be buying 1 of EVERY Combat DigiQ (the Tanks) though! Those things are too damned cool! :D

irc
08-08-2002, 10:59 PM
I can't wait for the F1 to arrive!

fatdoggy
08-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Yer those DigiQ f1's look soooooo friggin cool. :cool: :cool: