PDA

View Full Version : Using other car's parts?

steve1970
12-20-2002, 05:37 PM
On the Dynamite Rocket Racers, I've read that the wheels from the Aktiv cars may be used, as well as Mini-X bodies. Are there other parts that can be used as well? I am afraid to buy one and then not be able to get hop-ups.

Thanks!

Siress
12-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Their will never be a shortage of parts for the DRR, if you can't find something you need after buying one e-mail me and I will tell you what will work.

Siress@aol.com

steve1970
12-21-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks!

I'm ordering one in the next couple of days (as soon as my most recent credit card payment posts!) I'm looking forward to having one of these...I enjoy the process of modifying and upgrading. Between this and the Auldey Race-Tin I'm getting for Christmas, I should be set for a while!

steve1970
12-23-2002, 07:04 PM
will this work in a DRR?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1926159551&category=2565

Siress
12-23-2002, 08:48 PM
no.

That is a battery pack for a 1/10 scale car. If you want a 7.2 volt battery pack get the Traxxas Zip pack plus. Its about $30 with 1100mah. Personaly I would just go to wal-mart and get 2 packs of those 700mah Rayovak AAA batteries (make sure it says 700mah and not 650mah) and then get some battery tabs for making 1/10 scale battery packs, cut those in half, Shoe Goo the batteries together with the positive side next to the negitive side of the next battery (like ililil) then put the tabs on so that the bar connects to the raise of the + side of one battery and solder them on, then add a red battery plug on it. If you want to race it, it would be better to make 3 of these. Then to make switching them out easier, make a battery tray out of bulk plastic (about 2-3mm thick with the same makeup as the part of the chassie it will be covering) and when you can slide it in the car hold it down and mark where the screws need to go then take it out and screw a screw in each hole (the screws are self tapping). Make one of these for each battery pack then Shoe Goo the batteries down.

(DON"T USE S(TUPID)UPER GLUE, Shoe Goo gives a little, so a hard hit won't knock the batteries lose)

steve1970
12-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Thanks for all your help!