PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question....

SoulflyCRX
12-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Ok, I just bought my very first TINY r/C car. Its a Z-car, and is cool as hell....but I have a dumb question.

How are you supposed to remove the motor? Does the board need to come out? I see a metal bracket over it, does this need to come off?

Also, I imagine the rear wheels need to come off. Will I need a tiny socket or wrench to get the wheel nut off? perhaps just needlenose plires?

Geeze, I am affraid I am going to break this thing. LOL. I noticed that there are lots of hair-like wires that go to the steering mech. I suppose these snap easily.

Please. help a newbie out. Thanks.

b22

DavidDeLaurier
12-19-2002, 08:47 PM
I don't know about your car, but be sure to not snap those wires because they are hard as hell to fix!

LCKKN]HT
12-19-2002, 10:27 PM
To get the motor out you pop off the body. You then have to remove the metal bracket...it just pops off there's a small tab on the back of the car, use a pen tip or something to press it in and up and the metal bracket pops off and the motor falls out. It's easy don't worry. The rear axle comes off by pulling it downward...it just snaps in and out. The pieces are very tiny but I haven't even needed to use needlenose pliers just a flathead screwdriver. Have fun!

SoulflyCRX
12-20-2002, 08:01 AM
Thanks! I kind of thought that is what I had to do, but like I said, I didn't want to break anything. LOL. Time to build a track this weekend!

BTW, that LED on top of that chasis is very cool. I think I may clip it, and re-wire it to either some sort of headlight system, or perhaps an "underbody neon" rig. Should be fun.