PDA

View Full Version : anyone have pics or name of the Walgreens clone?

MTL
12-15-2002, 10:51 PM
i went to walgreens to look for the clone that some people have that was $9, but i couldnt find it...
there was so many toys in the lane...couldnt have time to look everywhere...
i did see the Canned Heat though..heh was gonna get one, but i already have the racetin

anyways....what was the exact name of the clone? and what type of packaging did it come in?
thanks alot

SAM
12-16-2002, 01:24 PM
The clone I bought at Wallgreens was called a Fit Racer.It came in the dome setup with the base as the controller.$12.99 and it came with a 2nd body..

wild03
12-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by MTL
i went to walgreens to look for the clone that some people have that was $9, but i couldnt find it...
there was so many toys in the lane...couldnt have time to look everywhere...
i did see the Canned Heat though..heh was gonna get one, but i already have the racetin

anyways....what was the exact name of the clone? and what type of packaging did it come in?
thanks alot

After going to two Walgreens I found them at the cash register. they had about 6 total, in both 27mhz and 49mhz. price was $9.99.

This one is called Micro-Zxr1 rc extreme racer. Not bad for the money. specially for gifts. They have 4 different models, the same car but different color themes, the cars are a little smaller than bits. These are not meant for swaping parts, but with a little modding I guess you can swap. motor has wires that are soldered to the board. the board is longer and it looks like it was hand made! :) compared to the nice surface mount components on the bits. it overlaps the motor. held pretty well in place. the motor is held BIT style.

They come with a fix 4:1 gear ratio so the take off is slow but speed is good and are fun to drive! all the gears are custom made, even the pinion on the motor. Controller is pretty good. removable telescoping antena, two AA, one on each side of the controller....pretty interesting because each battery has its own cover. Range is great, the cars come with a LONG wire antena

lets not forget the 5 cones you also get! ;)

Overall worth every penny!

:)

arceeguy
01-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Walgreen's by me has the "cannonball" clones. I purchased a few of them for gifts from Brookstones a while back. I paid $20 at Brookstones, and they were 16.99 at Walgreen's about a week ago. They have a "Bit compatible" chassis, but the charging base is separate from the transmitter. Funny, because the transmitter still has a door on it where the charging base should be. Probably some patent thang going on......

scuba steve
01-21-2003, 06:16 PM
hey arcee, are you from the traxxas boards? member me?:D

arceeguy
01-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by scuba steve
hey arcee, are you from the traxxas boards? member me?:D

Yup, it's me - just a nobody here though...(as if I were a "somebody" there LOL!!)
These 'lil RC's are pretty cool, you can buy a handful of them for the price of a Novak Rooster!

was ist los?
01-23-2003, 07:56 PM
which 1/10 do you guys run?