PDA

View Full Version : IR-Receiver

Dentman
12-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Got an IR-receiver from my local electronic-store (see attached pic). Itīs adjustable that it fitīs to the frequency of the roverīs "laser". Now I can shoot on the receiver and turn on and off a light. On the integrated cirucuit there is a relais, too. So in future I can connect maybe some sound or something else.

My game-idea is to to get 4 receivers more and place them on a terrain. Then the time-trial begins and you have to shoot all 5 receivers.
Got an IR-light barrier for time-measuring, too. Havenīt built it yet, but maybe tomorrow.

BillyBonz
12-14-2002, 02:22 PM
That circuit will also work good for capture the flag games. Your idea is great when you have more people than rovers. You only need to have one rover but everyone can compete. Let us know how it goes.

MaddMatt
10-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Any news on your IR reciever?

It would make for a fun maze game to have to shoot out a certain number of targets or a capture the flag idea.

Post more pics and progress please!

MM

ib_ant
02-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Woah, I really like this idea. Any news on your progress so far? Technical specs & pics would be very much appreciated.

I think I might take this on as a small project once I get my own DTRs. Would be nice to develop a small versatile arena composed of modular, simple IR-triggered components you could reorganise at will. I love the CTF idea....