PDA

View Full Version : Review

akura2
08-03-2002, 03:51 PM
I must say... I like the Tripmate M24 Mid.. I like the fact that you can run any 1/24 scale model body you can find...anything from Truenos to Diablos...the chassis is just THAT adjustable... I have so many Tamiya and Fujimi touring cars that I can use now unlike the Mini-Z where you are stuck with 1/28 scale Mini-Z bides... plus you can use Mini-Z bodies as well.... using "real" electronics is a plus as well since you can put a "real" servo in it...there is no wandering like the Mini-Z setup... Now for the cons: This car NEEDS a 180... the stock 130 with four AAAs is kinda slow..(I say this because I run two hopped up Micros, a Mini-Z with an X-Speed and a turbo, an ABC DTMsp with a slot car motor, and a DTM X4 with an Orion Elite stock 180 motor)... and it needs a ball diff...the gear diff is a little crunchy...and you need to add diff lube to it which the kit does not come with.... and it doesn't come with a radio...but I just bought an ES-01 and a XXL to use it with my M8...I've got 10 model memories in that radio...why not use them?

The body mount system is VERY cool... you need not put holes in those model bodies you spent sooo much time painting and detailing...except for the antenna hole...which I haven't figured out how to avoid yet (maybe a lexan strip taped to the servo with the antenna wrapped around it to stay inside the body...hmm) I need to find out how to get more of those body mounting plates for all my cars :)... but all in all ...the kit is very sound, handles well, and is very adjustable....definately at least a 7 out of 10

tinyrc
08-03-2002, 04:06 PM
akura2, as you yourself suggest, go with the internal antenna, there's no need to make antenna holes. I didn't even bother with the lexan strip, I just wound the antenna around the body posts. I don't recommend this, however - the lexan strip will give you better range, but this was a quick and easy hack which works fine for me since the area I'm running in is fairly small.

was ist los?
09-14-2002, 12:20 AM
akura, what slot car motor are you running in your sp and how does it compare to 130s and 180s in performance and run time?

MicroRCEngineering
09-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Akura2 is the one who gave me the kawadatitis. It's a contageous disease that Micro RC'ers wouldn't mind having.

usagi
09-19-2002, 10:19 PM
The kit is very nice, one of the best produced for it size. User friendly and easy to work on. unlike some makers kits i know of.:rolleyes:

akura2
09-25-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by was ist los?
akura, what slot car motor are you running in your sp and how does it compare to 130s and 180s in performance and run time?

Parma C-Can motor....

Run time suffers...but speed is uncomparable...not was fast as MicroRCengineering's cars at 56mph (I don't run as many cells)...but fast nonetheless

was ist los?
09-28-2002, 12:19 AM
cool, do you know of any motor that is still quick, but with pretty good run time? oh and what is the exact name of your motor? also, i did some research and mostly found d can motors. do these work?

urq435
10-19-2002, 03:10 AM
How about Team Orion Elite Modified Coreless motor for micro rs4? I believe MID can use it without modification.

urq435
10-19-2002, 03:11 AM
Forgot to mention. It lasts 45min+ with 7.2v NiMH battery pack.:D

tinyrc
10-21-2002, 09:34 PM
It should (assuming your ESC can handle it). Give it a try!

herman
06-18-2003, 04:08 AM
try using a gpm high torque motor... it provides lots of torque... and try changing the esc to a spy.... it will deliver a lot more punch to the motor too...

MicroRCEngineering
06-30-2003, 02:54 PM
This is a pretty old thread, and there have been breaktrhoughs in the motor dept.

The motor I made for the Kawada kicks butt! The only drawback is, one must use LRP Quantum Comp. Esc. The car glitches if esc's used is less than Comp.

It puts my mini Z's to shame. I'm comparing it to the Z's because at the moment, it is 1/28th scale. I'm using a Mini Z CLK body. it's pretty much untouchable at the track vs. Mini Z's. Pro-Z is about the only one that gives it a good run. If not, it's slightly below pro-Z. Slightly.