PDA

View Full Version : Hopups Availible

DrSwesly1
12-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey I'm making a list of all the hopups available for the Mini-X. Heres what I have to so far on it, just tell me what to add if you know any ok.

Aluminum Wheel Nuts
Ball Bearings
ESC
RX
TX
Batteries
Spring Set
Tires
Colored Antenna Tube
Wheels
Bodies
Diffs
Pinion Gears
Motors
Fets

Also will the ceramic diff balls for the Mini-Z work on the Mini-X?? Ok well get back to me on what other compatible hopups are out there.

Thanks

tinyrc
12-11-2002, 06:50 PM
DrSwesly1, that's a good question RE the diff balls, can someone tear their diff down and measure the size? Thanks!

binaryterror
12-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Too bad i didn't see this earlier!

i don't have my calipers or mics at home!!!!

DrSwesly1
12-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Yea those balls will improve the diffs very much i would think, someones gotta try it.

DrSwesly1
12-12-2002, 06:52 PM
Heres more to the list...

Capacitators
Carbon Brushes
Neo Motor Magnets
Squat Racing Motor can (w/ BB's)
Thicker wires (less heat=more power)

DrSwesly1
12-12-2002, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure about this one but how about the M8 module for the mini-z?? The esc that comes with the Mini-x and Mini-x v2.0 is AM so im sure it should work.

binaryterror
12-12-2002, 08:59 PM
ESC's aren't any frequency...they run off the reciever to get the commands...so you mean the Mini-X reciever?

catman25
12-13-2002, 12:03 AM
any fast motors like the fast mini-z ones?can any one make a stronger armature that we can replace?

dgilpin
12-13-2002, 12:21 AM
I have not found anything with the long shaft, yet. I just put in a stock mini-x motor with ball bearings and the Neo magnets added. Pretty impressive torque! And I might be dreaming but it sure seems to run cooler. I read that it make the motor more efficient. Both were a real bear to get in, though!

binaryterror
12-13-2002, 07:04 AM
Where'd you get the Neo magnets?

dgilpin
12-13-2002, 09:03 AM
They have them at http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=441, but without a picture I can't tell if they are the piggy-back kind or the internal replacements like I have.

I got them as part of a group buy earlier this year (they were $6.50 then) from http://mywebpages.comcast.net/draconious/Mini-Z/_NewsUpdates.html

DrSwesly1
12-13-2002, 05:23 PM
My bad on the ESC thing I was tired and typing too fast, I meant the Receiver...Oh yea if you want to motor to run cooler, heres the recipe...

Squat Racing Motor can w/ Ball Bearings
Thicker wires all around the car
Lowest pinion gear possible which is 7T I believe
Highest Diff Gear which I think is 36T
Carbon Diff balls = smoother diffs = less work for motor
Carbon brushes = more power less work
Neo Magnets = more torque

OR

2WD setup with a 130 vented motor can... I think the S01 and S02 are vented not sure though.

tinyrc
12-13-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DrSwesly1
I'm not sure about this one but how about the M8 module for the mini-z?? The esc that comes with the Mini-x and Mini-x v2.0 is AM so im sure it should work.

DrSwesly1, you are correct, in fact I use that module myself for my Mini-Xs! :)

tinyrc
12-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by dgilpin
They have them at http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=441, but without a picture I can't tell if they are the piggy-back kind or the internal replacements like I have.

Yep, they are the internal replacements. Note that you can use all of the Mini-Z motors and motor parts that we sell at http://mini-zracer.com/shop in the Mini-X. :)

DrSwesly1
12-18-2002, 05:13 PM
Tiny, did you try the ceramic diff balls??

I see that alot of people are trying my solutions for a cooler electronics setup... and its working from what I here :). As I saw on the yourmicro.com site, try trimming the body so you can make it sit lower on the chassis, probley not much of an improvement but it will look very trick.

Right now I'm thinking of a solution for the front dogbones problem... I'll post as soon as I can think of anything.

Swes

binaryterror
12-19-2002, 09:16 PM
My version 2.0 Electronics run cool stock. Even with the 6 cell.

I have almost perfected the front end brace (soon guys...i might even want to make these pieces and possibly sell them).

Have the RAM Sinks mounted on the 4wd motor, cooler but not cool enough for carpet running, outside though it stays mighty cold, and on concrete/tile the heat is very minimal.

DrSwesly1
12-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Pics yet?

binaryterror
12-22-2002, 11:21 AM
it aint done yet, waiting on some hardware, but here is a preliminary pic.

DrSwesly1
12-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Hey I got wide tires for the mini-Z to work perfectly on the Mini-X. Try 20 Degree wide mini-z tires all around the car, it will be extremely grippy.

oswaldo
12-30-2002, 10:35 AM
Iam new in this hobbie can you tell me where can i get this pinion gears an if they have different sizes, I have 4 mini x and two of them dont have this gears, so i need them real bad so we can star racing again, also i some can tell me which is a good lap counter where can i get it...

dtmracer
12-30-2002, 05:02 PM
instead of going through the hassle of making your own heat sink, just take one off of an old tekin esc. i got one of the longer ones and grinded it rounded so it sat perfect on top of the motor. the novak ones would probably work great also

oswaldo
12-30-2002, 07:57 PM
Where can i get this pinion gears ront and back of the motor

binaryterror
12-30-2002, 09:12 PM
TINYRC usually has them...Tiny you got them on order?