PDA

View Full Version : complete newbie please help

Benji_106
12-08-2002, 04:42 PM
right, i love all things r\c helicoptors boats planes and of course cars. unfortunately im kinda new to the whole tiny r\c thing. i have a clone Bit char G but thats it. my questions are:
1) what is the difference between a abc dtm x4 and an abc dtm sp?
2) how big are these cars?
3) how fast do they go?
4) how do they compare to the really small cars i.e bit char G, digiQ etc?
5) how do they compare to the bigger cars i.e 1\12 scale?
6) how much do they cost?
sorry for asking all the questions hope you can help me out thanks.

Benji_106

was ist los?
12-08-2002, 06:09 PM
1. the x4 is 4wd like a touring car while the sp is rwd like a pan car
2. size comparison pic on bottom
3. no clue in mph they go, but my dtm sp smoked my friend's micro which had a big block. my dtm sp had a micro rs4 stock motor and he had only a 4.8v battery pack
4. these handle more like 1/10, 1/12 cars.
5. just stated ^
6. the dtm sp kits start at $75, while dtm x4s start at $125, you'll need a small servo, esc, and receiver. you'll also need a body, battery pack, and charger, though i suspect you already have most of these.
heres a comparison:

Benji_106
12-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the answers.
still trying to decide what to get but probably one of these babies. wont be till after christmas tho :( by the way does anyone know if these are available in the UK coz i aint seen any. also how do these handle on rough ground?the 4wd i mean. thanks in advance
Benji_106

gertman
12-10-2002, 03:51 PM
I really suggest you check out my gallery HERE (http://tinyrc.com/gallery/gertman) and some threads that have good info on both of them.

It should become very clear that neither car would do well on rough sirfaces. These are on-road cars exclusivly. The DTM-X4 doesn't really even have much suspension.

was ist los?
12-11-2002, 10:36 PM
yea, i played with mine on my side walk. BIG mistake. Alot of the chassis is scratched. I know its not unusually for rc cars to scratch, but im really sad.