PDA

View Full Version : rocket racer review 12.8.02

bigbamboo
12-08-2002, 10:03 AM
-First off, I really enjoy my RR due to the low cost. A full proportional RC car for under $60USD!
- Controller is very good IMHO - as long as you don't look at it, that is!:-) It'll work for now. I love the steering sensitivity to add or subtract to the challenge of driving.
- Fit and finish of the chassis. Top notch.
- Speed is good for a small living room track. Anything with straight aways longer than 15 feet will show the lack of top end.
-

Dislikes:
-Of course the tires are bad on carpet - as everyone has said. I kinda enjoyed the jumpiness of the tires on carpet - reminded me of a muscle car with entirely to much horsepower. I dialed down the steering sensitivity accordingly on my impromptu track and tried to slide around the corners. This car really gets wild as it neared top speed or accelerating hard and beginning to turn into a corner.
- The stock body is really flimsy. It reminded me of the plastic type stuff which holds valentines day chocolates in the box. There really is very little detail in the body. The wing in the back isn't a wing but a squared off "brick" with sticker shadows. But hey, it's a cheap car so what do I care. I buy a body and I'm still coming out ahead.
- No guidelines about decal placement. I had to guess from the pic on the box. Kinda cheesy looking as well.

Uncertainities:
- Tires will try them on concrete before I give up on them.
- Needs 180 motor

Bigbamboo
See pics in the gallery forum.

Siress
12-12-2002, 08:48 AM
I have found out some stuff about the DRR radio. It will not allow you to reach full throtel. This is a huge problem and I am debaiting reather to shave some off of the trigger on the inside and then shave some of the trigger guard on the outside or to get a new radio. I am por though so I may try to modify my radio.

bigbamboo
12-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Please be more specific:
Is there a throttle restriction physically built into the transmiter? Does the throttle open up if this is removed? Is the limiter in form of something on the circuit board?

Bigbamboo

Siress
12-12-2002, 08:24 PM
I am not sure, I used another radio and my speed improved. Switched back and it was the same speed as befor, so.