PDA

View Full Version : Hot Wheels Bit sets!?

Tech_Lord
08-01-2002, 01:00 AM
I saw at one of my local shops a Hot wheels bit set! and i would just like to know if any of the motors are any better than the standard in the blue skyline model

thx

tinyrc
08-01-2002, 10:07 AM
A Hot Wheels set? Can you snag a pic?!

cowfish_29
08-04-2002, 11:34 PM
....what???

Tech_Lord
08-05-2002, 12:51 AM
yeah il go looking now

Tech_Lord
08-05-2002, 01:35 AM
i couldnt find a pic :( so ill give a description:

Its exacly like a bit, but no remote and hot wheels style. its goit the same battery, the same motors, the same axles, the same metal heat thingo, the whole same idea! but with no remote so it only goes straight on a hot wheels track and the battery is in a bit of the body kit that you put alll the other body kit pieces onto.

btlmr
08-05-2002, 05:29 AM
Sounds like a bit Racer

tinyrc
08-05-2002, 09:22 AM
Yep, sounds like a Bit Racer. :( Does it use Bit Racer bodies or are Hot Wheels using their own bodies with it?

dvious1
08-05-2002, 09:55 AM
its called the "Hot Wheels KIT Racer"

its for the hot wheels slot racing.

it is exactly the same as a bit.

the plastic parts are made by Tomy (it printed clearly on the mold part) and it is like the wheelie bar thingy that comes in one of the sets.

the motors are exaclt the same ( it even says "micro b" in the instructions). only 2.2 and 2.6 avail. now, the 3.0 will be avail. soon as a booster pack.

the gears and axle are from the bit racer.

the battery is the same.

ive bought one ($10.99 us) and tried the parts already and it works.

dvious1
08-05-2002, 10:12 AM
BTW, the HW KIT sets comes in the diff. models (i think).

1 fast for more of a straight track, 1 mid, and 1 slow for the technical tracks.

the wheels are the same size as the bit, but they offer different textures (hard, med. soft) and are different colors.

the charger is made by TOMY ( it says so on the back) but it does not charge the same way as the bit. it also only has a 30 sec. max charge.

the heat sinks are the same but HW has diff. ones that they offer (basic, brown coated, and curved). dont know what the diff. is yet.

oh yeah.......the plastic part is called a "guide roller" front and rear.

gears ratios are 4.57:1, 3.95:1, 3.43:1

the body does not fit the bit unless u do some serious mods.

overall it all works for the BCG.

andrzejpw
08-05-2002, 10:12 AM
wait, so you don't control it? You just turn it on, and it goes?

dvious1
08-05-2002, 10:15 AM
as soon as you take it off the charger it is running. the HW cars are slot cars. the tracks are avail at TRU and you can just connect them to whatever design u want (i.e. loops).

Btman
08-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Sounds a little like the old Hot Wheels Sizzlers cars of the sixtys and seventies with the charger and track concept. You guys have brought back some fond memories. That was my first exposure to motorized race cars and I had a blast as a kid with my Sizzler Fat Track racing set with lap counter. Of course nothing beats radio control for realism and control.

kbtoyz902
08-05-2002, 11:23 PM
this seems odd. id expect more of you knew about bit racers, but i guess not.

the Kit racers are exactly like em. Even made by tomy, but distributed by mattel under the HW line(im guessing since the box says micro 2.2b on the one i saw).

bit racers are mini versions of MINI 4WD, which i can guarantee was started by tamiya. I use to do mini 4wd back in the day after doing slot cars. A few peeps on this board know that cuz we migrated from those, to r/c's.

Theyre cheaper than bit racers, or at least where im from. the prices at my local target goes as: 12.99 a kit(i think theres like 3), and 29.99 for the track and kit. The track is jus tlike the BR one i saw at my local anime store.

Just to go more in debt, they charge via a handheld charger, just like BCs, however they use rollers, dampers, and skid bars to run accross a walled track. i think this is the best i can sum this stuff up. peace

Tech_Lord
08-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Its exacly what im talking about dvious1! I asked about what the specs are and the best motors because i looked EVERYWHERE for bit motors but cant find them anywhere! and thats the only way i can get motors and extra parts in aus cause they dont sell the tyre kits or any accesseries for my bit here in aus.

thx for the info dvious1

Tech_Lord
08-08-2002, 01:10 AM
I found a pic of one searching the other day! and I realised that on Quest For Madness's index page, their logo has a hot wheels kit set put together on their logo!

323iT
08-17-2002, 03:44 AM
does the hot wheels KIT come with stickers? the bit racer in the shop here says that it comes with stickers

dvious1
08-17-2002, 11:39 AM
323it, yes it does.

datamonster
08-19-2002, 06:28 PM
here's sum info that Bay On Aim sent me about the Hot Wheels K.I.T. Racer:
http://www.hotwheels.com/us/product.asp?category_type_id=7&id=11553&category_id=7748&category_description=

datamonster
08-21-2002, 12:13 AM
i jsut bought one of those KIT racers at target. $12.99. They're pretty cool. the set is made by tomy but lisenced by Hot wheels, i'll post sum pics next time.

usagi
08-21-2002, 12:18 AM
I still don`t see any pictures?!?!?!??!?!??!? lots of talk but nothing else...............

Shacky
08-22-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure if I want to open it. A lot of useful parts in here including, of course, the 2.6 motor. There are 6 models, but I only found 4. Two had the 2.2 motor, two had the 2.6 motor.

Parts that can be reused in the Bit Char-g include:

- the motor (2.2 or 2.6 for now)
- heat sink
- battery
- tires (but they are either white or orange and only rear ones)
- rear axle (with some modifications can work)
- charger (although the contacts are spaced differently and only charges for 30 seconds)

Here are the pics:

kbtoyz902
08-22-2002, 11:54 PM
where does it say its a 2.2 or 2.6? cuz im thinking of buying a kit. theyre like 13 bucks. a 2.6 around where i live is 7.50, a bit racer bumper set, is 7.50 too. So i might as well buy that since i get a couple extras, including the battery. I guess the next time i want a 2.2/2.6, a battery, and bumpers, im just gonna buy this kit. I might buy this pretty soon so i can make a monster truck.

Shacky
08-23-2002, 12:38 AM
Yellow is the 2.2 and Orange is the 2.6. Just look at the color at the end of the motor in the package. On the back it says M-1 for the 2.2 and M-2 for the 2.6.

DrkRAM
08-23-2002, 02:05 AM
And picked one up, it came with the 2.6 motor, axle with the green gear, the green 3.43:1 transfer gear, and a white pinion gear.

Things to note:
- The black pinion gear that comes with the Char-G does NOT work with the above transfer gear (the teeth do not mesh together).
- Above transfer gear is MUCH smaller then the stock Char-G transfer gear so it doesnt reach the stock Char-G axle.
- You need to shave the inside the axle down to fit inside with the Char-G. The rims seem slightly larger as well then the Char-G axle.

After installing all the above parts into my Char-G it barely moved. I ended up using just the motor from the racer with the stock pinion, axle, and transfer gear that came with my Char-G.