PDA

View Full Version : custom front suspension complete for 1:16

MTL
12-03-2002, 01:55 AM
aww yeah i rule :D

for the front suspension, i removed[cut off] the original ends of the steering cover that hold the knuckles in place, i made a new one out of an old plastic folder with the knuckle holes closer together, so that there is a slight camber increase of about 4-6mm...and i also shaved the top of the knuckles thinner to get more camber
next i put the original back ontop...and with that on, my ride height is higher, because the plastic folder pushes the knuckles down....its very flexible, and acks just like a spring.
i will have to make a diagram for this also...now my ride height is matched with my rear, which was before a little higher.

but in general,....when in normal position, the camber angle is almost normal, very unnoticable, but when u push down the front, the camber angle increases, and when u release, it goes back to normal....sort of unrealistic, but....the countersteer is more improved on tile for some awsome drifting...
ill make a diagram tomrrow.

MTL
12-03-2002, 02:08 AM
i havent tested how it works outside yet....im trying to save my tires :D these stock tires are the only ones i have for now.

MTL
12-05-2002, 04:52 PM
sorry guys, ill make diagram later...
me=lazy :o