PDA

View Full Version : new to this.......

aero
12-02-2002, 10:41 PM
hi.....
i race bits, and just heard bout these digi-q's.......advantages/disadvantages??? Is the price tag worth it??

need help persuading myself to get one.......

Adam
12-03-2002, 03:25 AM
I have a few of the Digi-Qs and they are A LOT faster and if you get the special controller your options are limitless. There are rumors that 1500+ codes will be released for the controller giving you tons of choices on speed acceleration braking and stability! You cant buy different motors or gears but you dont need them. You also have to do all your own body mods, because you cant get many parts for these. (Choro-Q car bodies can be modified to fit):D The micro IR technology is very good, you get decent range and proportional control. You can pick up a good Propo SPECIAL controler for $50 and most of the cars are $30 or less. If you buy a regular controller/car set it will be around $40, But in my opinion you should buy the good controller. The cars have preset IDs and one controller can be set to run any ID ( up to four people can race at a time.) Once you have four controllers you only have to buy the cars you like and you have a complete set for when friends come over!:cool:

aero
12-03-2002, 09:12 AM
thank you.......

so you can get new motors? not that i need new ones cuz i hear they are fast as hell. I want the propo controller, one more thing.....is that booster pack thing for the controller worth the money too??

Adam
12-03-2002, 10:39 AM
You cant get new motors. But even if you could you dont need to. As far as the booster goes, I dont have one so I cant give you any solid advice on it. The range with just the propo special is good enough, But they say that the booster will double it. The worst thing about these is that a tiny bit of dust or hair can totally shut down the gears until you clean them,the floor really has to be spottless for them to run good. with the special controler on max-8888, in a twelve bu twelve room the car goes to fast to even begin to steer, Im talking about speed that three siamese cats cant touch. These things are FAST!:D

aero
12-03-2002, 11:41 AM
NICE!!! I'm getting one definetly!! My brother is getting me the Propo Special controller for Christmas and I'm gonna buy the car. I want an Integra!!! Thanks for your help!!!