PDA

View Full Version : Body Eleven

Chezedog
12-01-2002, 07:07 PM
I think this is the eleventh body I've put on this Mini-X.

Some of the others... (http://www.birdlung.com/rc/bodies/)

catman25
12-01-2002, 07:35 PM
supra is it?.i dont like it ..but then again i race with the body off mine all the time ..the damn wheel wells look shotty...in all bodies though .got any tips for making these ****s run better faster or any web sites..?

tinyrc
12-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Looks good, what's holding it on? :)

Chezedog
12-02-2002, 08:32 AM
Some tiny screws through the bottom.
Also drilled some holes through which the charger leads can be inserted, so I don't have to remove the body.

tinyrc
12-03-2002, 10:44 AM
Hehe! I like the charging solution, that's great!

binaryterror
12-03-2002, 11:19 AM
Can you charge the battery with the battery in? I know i can turn off the ESC...but even with it off...isn't that bad?

Chezedog
12-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Sure you can. In fact, with the 7.2 volt set up, you pretty much have to.

deviant
01-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Chezedog

i've been looking at these pix for the last month or so and i was just thinking... these bodies... (supra mainly) fit pretty good, what model is that exactly (brand and so on... if you can remember)... do any of the other bodies you have done fit any better then this one?... you know wheelbase, width so on...
thanx

Chezedog
01-09-2003, 08:45 PM
All 4-inch lexan slot car bodies fit the wheelbase perfectly, but have been destroyed rather quickly in the heat of racing. The corvette and bug were a match wheelbase-wise, but they weren't quite wide enough to procect the front wheels.
The Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Sard Super GT is great, except that the hole for the louvres in the hood is right about where the front body posts need to be. ( I bought a new chassis and am using body posts again). Also, it and the VW are the only two non-lexan bodies that didn't require dremeling a hole in the hood to make it fit.

I almost bought a 1/24 scale Panoz LMP-1 slot car, just for the body, but I decided against it!

:D

deviant
01-09-2003, 11:24 PM
thanx for the quick response...
was that a Tamiya VW Bug kit you were refering to?
as for slot car bodies are these refered to as 1/24 scale slot car bodies?
do you know of any web site where i can find these bodies...
(with pictures of them if possible)
do you think that most (or all) 1/24 scale slot car bodies fit the 4" wheelbase...

Chezedog
01-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by deviant
thanx for the quick response...
was that a Tamiya VW Bug kit you were refering to?

Nope. Revell Pro-Finish. Got it on a popular auction site.
as for slot car bodies are these refered to as 1/24 scale slot car bodies?
Yes. Lexan 1/24 scale slot car bodies. There's 4" and 4 1/2".

do you know of any web site where i can find these bodies...
Radtrax has them...almost every online slot car shop has them...

do you think that most (or all) 1/24 scale slot car bodies fit the 4" wheelbase...
Nope. :D

casper975
01-30-2003, 12:23 PM
The slot car bodys are made by Parma they have 4inch and 4.5inch wheelbase bodys there web site is
www.parmapse.com
but they dont have very many pics of there bodies I dont own a mini x but I do own a lot of 1/24 scale slot cars there are also other companies that make 4inch and 4.5inch slot car bodys but parma is the main one in my opinion

bbtruw