PDA

View Full Version : Shipping?

andrzejpw
07-28-2002, 05:43 PM
How long does shipping take by registered airmail from hong kong? My bit char-g shipped on the 25th. Expected arrival time is the sixth. Does it really take that long?

andrzejpw
07-29-2002, 02:50 PM
anyone?

tinyrc
07-29-2002, 03:40 PM
I would say that that would in fact be fast for Airmail from HK. It can take weeks and weeks sometimes.

andrzejpw
07-30-2002, 07:32 AM
thanks! Which part of the US do you live in?

Also, where are these planes flying? I mean, I'm sure there's TONS of mail each day from China to the US. Why does it take so long? Basically, what makes registered mail take longer?

tinyrc
07-30-2002, 10:41 AM
It's not that getting the package from there to here takes that long, it's that there is no reason for them to do it quickly via Airmail, because they would rather have you use EMS. EMS typically takes 2-4 days from anywhere in the world. When we order from our overseas distributors and ship via EMS, we've even had things arrive from Japan the next day, while orders inside the US take a week! So, basically if you want it fast, use EMS, and if you don't really care (and don't mind if the Post Office doesn't really care either), use Airmail.

andrzejpw
07-30-2002, 12:20 PM
ah, ok, I get it. So, its basically the difference between them saying, "We'll get your package out right away," and them saying "Meh, I'll get it out when I feel like it. But hey, LOOK! Its time for lunch! I can send these out tomorrow!"

I can live with that. . . as long as it gets here.

schoon
07-30-2002, 03:35 PM
I live on the west coast, and for my order, shipping took about a week from ToyEast. However, I was also ordering fairly common stock items.

andrzejpw
07-30-2002, 04:28 PM
which way does it go? Do they go to california, or do they go west? My guess is cali. . .