PDA

View Full Version : Over Active IR

BillyBonz
11-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Hey, anyone check out how much blinking is going on with the IR LEDs on the controller? I used my webcam to check out what was going on while hitting buttons on the controller. GEEZ, the IR LEDs are flashing all the time, even when there isn't a button pressed, even the LED underneath is flashing all the time. Seems like a good way to run down batteries.

I figured it would work more along the lines of a TV remote, no button pressed...no LED lites. If you have a camcorder, digital camera or webcam, check it out. Almost all CCD and CMOS cams are IR sensitive.

Adam
11-28-2002, 08:34 PM
I see what you mean! That is crazy. I know there must be a reason for it, but man that is wasting power. (BTW- Thanks for posting this because I had no Idea my camera could pick this up.):cool:

BillyBonz
11-28-2002, 10:02 PM
This is how I figured out what was not working on one the the T34 I bought. Got out the camera and there was no flashing IR LEDs so I knew the controller was screwed up and not something I was doing wrong.

The first time I tried setting up one of these tanks I was I bit confused and the directions didn't help too much. That is when message boards like this one become a lifesaver.

Thanks for the forum Tiny!!:)