PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 Motor

e_lm_70
11-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Hi,

Just got my 3.2 Motor from TinyRC.
The motor is not absolutly 100% compatible with my BitCharG, it required some little extra brute force to put inside since the dimension is not same as Bit motor.
The 3.2 is faster the the 3.0Bit and look more torquie then 3.0.
But it is not reliable at all, the internal rotar can easly moving inside and time to time it tend to get bloked.
When the motor get bloked the only way to release it is to shake it a little and manually rotate the pineon till if get free again. Then a nice free run with the top-down car helps.

BTW in overall the speed advantage doesn't pay for the reliability problems, that can happen everytime while the car is running !

e_lm_70

d00kie
11-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Hmm...have you tried pushing the motor gear a little more in? Thats what I did with mine because it wasnt really making good contact with the medium orange gears.

It is a little bigger, thus requiring additional careful force to shove it in.

e_lm_70
11-26-2002, 04:27 AM
Hi d00kie

The contact with the gear is perfect (I use the medium (orange)).

I guess that there is some dirt inside the engine. When this dirt go in a wrong place it block the axe of the motor.

Who know if and how is possible to open these little engine ?

e_lm_70
12-03-2002, 03:10 AM
Luckily after usage the 3.2 TinyRC has started to work fine.

It has more torque then a Bitracer 3.0 and almost the same top.

The only drawback now it is that it is far more noisy then every bit motor :( (clone excluded, the good thing of original Bit is that they are pretty silent with a nice non desturbing good sound)

A part from the noise I guess it is a good motor. Probably I will try as well the 3.8 sometime ...

e_lm_70