PDA

View Full Version : ZZ, Bit Char-g/Microsizers & clone interchangability guide

Gro Harlem
11-24-2002, 10:25 PM
What do you think of this idea? Just post your knowledge of which hop up parts fit which cars in this thread. Should be helpful for newbies, and cut down on the multiple posts about the topic.

Try to do it only if you have personally tested the parts with your own hands....if you "heard" that a part fits, that doesnt' really help us.

Should be a fun topic!

Gro Harlem
11-24-2002, 10:41 PM
I will start off with what I know. I've only been into this r/c car thing for about 2 weeks, and only have owned a car myself for 5 days, but I've gained quite a bit of knowlege by test fitting stuff from my friends cars.

Anways here it goes:

Bit Char-g to Microsizer

My friends bit char-g is 100% identical to my microsizer. all parts will interchange between BCG and MS hop up kits. Even the chassis are labeled with "Tomy" on the MS's.

Til the end of this post, I will refer to both Microsizers and Bit Char-g as BCG only since Microsizers are really Bit Char-g's at heart anyways.

BCG To Panther (clone)

I test fitted the heat sheild, motor, axles, tires, body shell, gears and steering rack to my friends mercedes panther car. they all fit with no problems.

BCG hop ups to Zip Zaps (ZZ's)

I installed a BCG engine into a zip zap at radio shack no problem. Same with the axle, gear, and rear tires (fronts are too small). THe shells DO NOT fit however. they are different on the ZZ's. The heat sheild is also different.

ZZ hop ups to BCG's

It might be tempting to buy the ZZ hop up kit since you get so much more for your money compared to Microsizers or BCG's. I personally think it is a great value. You get 2 motors, the steering racks, the 3 gear ratios all for $8!! As compared to Microsizers steering set of 4 tires, the plastic rear axle and steering racks for $6, the 3 gear ratios kit for another $6, and the motors run for $5-6 each from the hobby stores...so that is over $20 for hte same parts!!.

Anyways, after buying a $8 kit. I can say the steering racks fit no problem, BUT they do have larger nubs on them (they are like 1mm longer) so be careful not to break your frame's built in holes that secure the steering racks when you remove them.

The rear axles fit as well, as do the gear ratios (althoug different colors....blue being torquey low speed, green being OEM and red being slower accel, higher top speed). However you must note that zip zaps don't have rims, rather they use hubcaps. SO if you buy the hop up kit, you won't get hubcaps, and your tires wil only partially mount to the rim. I didn't find this as a problem, and if anything it helped the cars performance by increasing the amount of contact patch to the ground.

ZZ motors do NOT directly fit, but your BCG chassis can be modified to allow them to fit. you will have to shave down your plastic "U" shaped holder that holds the circular engines in place. ZZ motors are slightly longer in length which is why they don't fit quite right. It isn't really worth it to do though, the blue (1.0) motor it comes with is pretty friggin slow (seems slower than the BCG 1.0) and the "turbo" (21,500rpm) motor which is red in color is only a little bit faster than a BCG 1.6. not worth it for "upgrade" purposes, but rather for replacement engine purposes if you broke your engine somehow.

ZZ tires fit the BCG, but their front wheels are the same diameter as their rear wheels, and their rear wheels tires are the same diamter as the BCG's, so ZZ tires will only fit on the rear of the BCG's.

This is pretty much everything I know about the interchangability. Please add more differences in clone - BCG, or clone to ZZ or vice versa if you happen to know it!!

MTL
11-24-2002, 10:52 PM
sorry to say this, but all the testing and compatability test already have been done... except with the newer clones
the "look here first" says it all

Gro Harlem
11-24-2002, 11:04 PM
whoa! totally missed that thread when I was searching...i never typed "compatibility" to search ;p.

After reading through it, it still doesn't answer EVERY question about every car's interchangability tho, It is aimed at which parts from which clones/zz's/etc fit the BCG only.

an online article with every part and every make's compatibility would be awesome!!

also, having a description of the different colored engines and which ones they are "guide" would be good too since ZZ and BCG use different colored everything it seems.