PDA

View Full Version : Ready to order!

GiantScale
11-24-2002, 04:43 PM
OK. Iv decided to get one.... BUT?

Does the included BONUS BEARING KIT include ALL bearings, or do I need the diff bearings to get "full bearings" ??

I hope I can make longer drive shafts & suspension arms and add larger foam donuts to the wheels to make it off-road.:D

Can I gear it down with the pinions also, or just the 36t diff?

does the kit include crystals? I have a 27mhz traxxas pistol with crystals.. will that work?

Which body is the coolest??:confused:

Thanks

Mike

irc
11-24-2002, 08:04 PM
The car comes with full bearings including diff. The only gear change is the 34,35,36 diff gears. get the 36 if you will be installing larger tires. The kit does include crystals and your transmitter should work. make sure to order the 6 call battery with the car. the R and N body are the best.

Russ
11-24-2002, 08:05 PM
My kit came with full bearings, there isn't a bushing in sight on this thing. There is even a bearing for the motor shaft by the front pinion.

The only way to gear it down as of now is with the spur gears because of the fixed position of the diffs & the motor shaft.

My kit came with a TX & RX crystal. I'm using my mini-z TX and it works fine, even with the mini-z crystals.

The bodies come unpainted, unless you get one of the cheesy prepainted ones :rolleyes:

Here is my Corolla, Subaru, & TinyRC's NSX:

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album19/DSC00079.jpg

http://www.skateescape.com/russ/minix/DSC00067.JPG

http://tinyrc.com/albums/Mini-XNSX/aaa.sized.jpg

GiantScale
11-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys!

But which bodys are which??:confused:

B , N , R , S = what?

also, which diffs come with the kit? 36t?

Thanks

Mike

Russ
11-24-2002, 08:27 PM
I don't know what the B is, maybe it's a typo & should be C cuz I don't see the corolla body???

C = Toyota Corolla
S = Subaru Imprezza 22B
N = Acura NSX
R = Mazda RX-7 FD3s

irc
11-24-2002, 08:36 PM
B= VW Bug

The diff that comes with the kit is a 35

GiantScale
11-24-2002, 09:01 PM
I just tryed to order with my visa card, but it wants a paypal account which I have , but not enough money in it..

How do I order with just a Visa Card? And why would the form ask me for credit card info if it was paypal?????????

Thanks

Mike

irc
11-24-2002, 10:19 PM
? better send Tiny an e-mail.

GiantScale
11-24-2002, 11:15 PM
:D

tinyrc
11-24-2002, 11:47 PM
GiantScale, it's shop@tinyrc.com; you should be able to use your Visa via PayPal, in which case it doesn't matter how much is in the PayPal account itself. :)

GiantScale
11-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Well ,this time paypal didnt ask my Visa #.. ?:confused:

I made the order, but shipping was never included on the final statement.. Is shipping free?

Did u get my order & payment Tiny???

I cant wait to tear it apart & start my off-road project.:D

Im wondering if I should get a dtm x4 also.. wish you sold them!

Does anyone know if I were to add upper & lower A arms to the front of a DTM , would the drive shaft & sockets allow for up & down movement? The rear end would be much harder to make suspension needing shorter axle,u joints etc.. Maybe two front end units on both ends of the car with 4 wheel steer? lol

Thanks

Mike

tinyrc
11-27-2002, 10:38 AM
GiantScale, yes, we got your order - thanks! It didn't ask about your Visa because you paid by eCheck direct from your bank account. The reason you didn't see shipping charges is because it's free on orders over $100! :D

Why do you want to add X4 arms? I would imagine that you could get the lift that you're looking for by removing the part of the chassis below the arms that prevents the arms from moving below the set ride height.

GiantScale
11-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Thanks Tiny..

I guess I want to add X4 arms because it has none. I thought I might be able to combine the mini-x & x4 to make the off-road I'm dreaming about.

http://www.siukeung.com/link01/link01-07-04-05.htm

This guy has proved its not very hard to do.

Mike