upgrades and mods

27 mhz
lowered chassis
2.6 motor
meduim suspension
racing stripe :)

tinyrc
07-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Cool! Which lowering method did you use? Also, where did you find such a small Neuspeed decal!?

E)(pul$ioN
07-22-2002, 12:41 AM
GOOD QUESTION ABOUT THE DECAL! :p I want one too... But what company eh? Any suggestions LoL...

Neon_Skylineboy
07-22-2002, 01:33 AM
the sticker racing strip is kinda taky, but i do like the Decal!:D

dvious1
07-22-2002, 11:14 AM
yeah, i know the stripe looks kinda tacky, it will do 4 now.

i got the stickers (theres more. TSW, tanabe, Nitto, Injen, Bomex, etc.) from another model car i purchased from the hobby store. you can take a look at the cars at:

www.modifiercars.com

i emailed them asking if they just sold the stickers, but they dont.

i am also planing on using the TSW rims that the civic came with. i just have to play around with it to make it fit, but they are the same exact size as the rear wheels on the bit. i got the front ones on i just need to get the gear on the rear wheel. ill post pic's of it when im done.

to lower the car, i just shaved of some of the front and back tabs. then shave off some of the tabs under the body.

its my first bit and i didnt want to waste all the stickers on it just incase i messed it up with the paint and mods. lol :D

dvious1
07-22-2002, 11:15 AM
sorry. i link is wrong. it should be:

www.modifierscars.com

schoon
07-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Nice work.

It's actually fairly easy to mask and paint racing stripes IF you have the right tape. If you're forced to use regular masking tape, cut it into smaller strips that will conform to the car better.

E)(pul$ioN
07-22-2002, 02:30 PM
I WANT THE DECAL! :mad: HEHE... :p

E)(pul$ioN
07-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Is there any site that anyone can post that sells very small decals that can fit Bit-Chargs? Like logo decals.. (Subaru, Sparco, AEM... etc)

schoon
07-22-2002, 04:09 PM
If you have access to either an Inkjet or Laser printer - along with a decent graphics or word processing program, you can make your own decals.

You can get decal paper from a number of sources (this is one (http://www.beldecal.com/model_decals.cfm)), and you can even use a computer and printer at Kinkos...

kbtoyz902
07-22-2002, 07:20 PM
can u get any in stores in teh bay?

datamonster
08-17-2002, 12:57 AM
The Target closest to me sells Modifiers Cars for $9.99. Hopefully all of the Targets sell them.

TheFanMan
08-17-2002, 11:39 PM
9.99!!! dddaaaaammmmmnnnn on the tech deck site they sell them for.... um...... number expensive:D

kbtoyz902
08-17-2002, 11:55 PM
yeah im guessin too. I thought msrp was like 14, and then ipicked up my yellow integra for 10 at target. My local rc shop sells these for 18. I still think they suck. that rc shop was teh only shop that got em untill this month. My kb sells em for 13, and target sells em for 10, and neither stores got it till recently.

datamonster
08-18-2002, 12:59 AM
target also sells smaller modifiers (ironically not modifyable) that are about the size of hotwheels. They sell for $3.99. But im not sure if they come with those small stickers.

323iT
08-18-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by datamonster
target also sells smaller modifiers (ironically not modifyable) that are about the size of hotwheels. They sell for $3.99. But im not sure if they come with those small stickers.
are you talking about the muscle machines? they are 2.99 and they don't come with decals. the decals are already applied on

kbtoyz902
08-18-2002, 04:19 PM
naw, tony. Hes talkin about the, modifiers 1:64 scale, that coem modified. Carbone fiber hood and all. BTW, dont tell everyone but the import tuners. Not too many people know about em for some reason. I want that to be something i can collect, and noones whored yet. I brought Hot wheels to school. Everybody bought em. I bought other car toys, they started buying. I brought mini 4wd, people brought em, and took out theyre old ones. I introduced tehm to BC(however i wasnt the first to get one thanks to chinesse new year :P), now everybody in school has one.

datamonster
08-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Heh, dont you just love being a trend setter? lolz

kbtoyz902
08-18-2002, 07:23 PM
it only worked with cars. If it wasnt for friggin fast and teh furious, no one would have been copying me.

datamonster
08-18-2002, 09:50 PM
heh, that damn movie altered the minds of the youth of America.

ssstraub
08-19-2002, 11:28 AM
I didn't see anything in that movie that I haven't either seen before or already knew about before.

There's been an import scene in california for years and years now. What's so new about the movie? I live in the midwest and I still know about it! :p

datamonster
08-19-2002, 06:36 PM
what's new about it is that teenagers who didnt know anything about cars all of a sudden think they knew things because they knew about Nos and could say that they've seen a race when all they've done is pay $6.75 to see the movie.

kbtoyz902
08-20-2002, 01:00 AM
EXACTLY. people talk about mods and stuff at school and what not. and you know what mods they talk about? Nitrous, body kits, spoilers, and OMG, neeon chassis lights.

I knew a bit about racing cuz a few of my cuz's were into it, but trust me not much. I was more into muscle cars, and then my friend introduced me to an RX-7 and its been cool ever since. But then half a year later fast adn the furious comes out, and everyones talkin like they know tehyre cars. Go off like im gonna buy this and that and it gets just TOO annoying. Im just waitin for me to be 16 so i can get ANY car and smoke, theyre aero kits.

and SSStraubs right, theres been a scene for quite a while and i wish a movie was never made around it. But then before this movie, people i knew raced all sorts of cars, old muscle cars and all sorts of stuff. Now all you see are hondas. Whats this world comin too....

323iT
08-20-2002, 10:39 AM
the import scene started in 1985 by a bunch of asian doods. Modding their small displacement Japanese imports. I read a whole article on it a couple year back in i think SCC or Super Street. But it was cool. Cuz back then they don't "pop the hood" they just take the word of the guy when they ask what mod they have under the hood;)

dvious1
08-20-2002, 11:58 AM
323it, the article was in SCC.

the good old days........i remember when.........:rolleyes:

i started racing back in '87 when my parents bought me a 1988 crx (i miss that car, wish i still had it), while most of my friend got their 5.0's (mustang) and iroc's (camaro). as u can tell, i had to get my car to go faster. i use to always say that "at least my car gets 50 mpg vs the 10 mpg yours gets" :p

sorry.....im just rambling.......lol

blacksabbath070
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
im 16 and i hated the fast and the furious because some stupid teeny boppers think that their cool by adding huge exhaust OH WOW now they have a 120hp car WOW taht might smoke mine NOT one time i was in my corvair at a stop light and this little crx with this huge exhaust pulls by my car and revs his car and expects me to drag i found this funny because of such torque differences in the cars and when the light hit red my V6 smoked that 4 cylinder i thought it was hilarious but i still find it stupid that my friends are like "dude im putting NOS in my car" and of course they dont realize that racing a car isnt good for the car itself it tears up the engine i rather keep my car forever then race everything in site

TheFanMan
08-20-2002, 09:47 PM
wow, how old are you dvious? I was born the year that you started racing, pretty crazy

kbtoyz902
08-20-2002, 09:59 PM
BTW, a super street this year did have street racing history article in it. It had some guys and what they did to start/revolutionize it. I gotta go through my closet and look thru tons of PSMs adn Super streets to find it.

dvious1
08-21-2002, 09:35 AM
thefanman, im 31. i stopped racing about 3 years ago after i won a few races, figured i would retire at the top. i still have my car ('95 civic cpe) in the garage.

TheFanMan
08-21-2002, 12:34 PM
wow, cool, I think I might be able to get a CRX real cheap from this guy in seattle. it;s in really good condition too, don't know y he's giving such a low price for it

Token User
08-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dvious1
323it, the article was in SCC.

the good old days........i remember when.........:rolleyes:

i started racing back in '87 when my parents bought me a 1988 crx (i miss that car, wish i still had it), while most of my friend got their 5.0's (mustang) and iroc's (camaro). as u can tell, i had to get my car to go faster. i use to always say that "at least my car gets 50 mpg vs the 10 mpg yours gets" :p

sorry.....im just rambling.......lol I bought my 88 CRX Si in 1992, sold it in 1997. Pretty much stock except for stiffened shocks and slightly wider profile tires. Lost my license for the first time in that car :).

Damn I miss that car.

FWIW - I had friends with cars that could go faster in a straight line, but through the Kiama bends, or up over the top of Kangaroo Valley - anywhere where there was a curve in the road, I let them eat my dust :D

Thought about getting a Del Sol, but they just weren't the same.

blacksabbath070
08-22-2002, 07:26 PM
can you make a new discussion place where we can talk about cars?????

tinyrc
08-22-2002, 07:33 PM
Well, there is the Misc. sub-forum:

http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=37

Want me to split the thread and move it over there?

dvious1
08-23-2002, 10:52 AM
thefanman, what year crx? and whats the low price? it maybe clean looking but does it run?

things 2 check 4......

original motor?
ne leaks? oil, water, coolant
maintanance record?
original owner?

BaY oN AiM
08-23-2002, 09:11 PM
TheFanMan

CRXs suppose to b cheap.....

my bros have bought 2 of em....

ironically they also got hooked on them...

lol....

they usually go for 1-3k depending on condition...

my bro got his for 900....

it was stripped out...

bad seats....

good hf motor with vtec head....

all we did was spend like 500 for full vinyal interior...

SubaruWrxSti
11-23-2002, 02:06 PM
If you go 2 target yes if you buy the 2.99 ones now u get decals. They made em so you can tune em just liek the big ones but less costly. Bit char-g is better way better.

Shypo
11-29-2002, 06:56 PM
TokenUser: are you originally from Australia?

Silent Running
12-02-2002, 09:26 AM
Most excellent. This decal place is in my area. Many thanks for the link schoon. Much appreciated.