PDA

View Full Version : 3.8 motor after PCB switch

ICH_BIN_GUT!
11-15-2002, 06:31 PM
I tried using a 3.8motor in the Zip Zap after that PCb i was talking to you about. There Was a problem.. the car wont go forward unless i had to nudge it s little.

Have you had that problem?

bitchar-gmotors
11-15-2002, 09:53 PM
ICH_BIN_GUT!,

No, I have not had this problem. I have done the PCB swap 7 times, and each time the Zip Zap performed like a bit char-g. It would spin out and flip during high speed turning. You may have a defective 3.8 motor. Where did you get the 3.8? You should return it for a new one. You might also try the 3.0 or 3.2 motors to see the performance that your Zip Zap is now capable of. Until you test the Zip Zap with another motor, don't underestimate this mod. I personally feel that this is the single best modification for the Zip Zap. You should be able to run any motor speed, and out perform almost any other micro R/C out there. If you want to send me your 3.8 motor, I'll test it and send you a new one that I know will perform to your expectations. Send the defective motor to:

Kyle Clemmons
P.O. Box 244
Brownsville, KY 42210

I'll test it and let you know what I find out. And, I'll send you one that will perform to your expectations.

Kyle

ICH_BIN_GUT!
11-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Thnks Kyle

But i found out the problem. See The motor plate underneath the motor had somehow been bent a little ( i dont know how) and it didnt put the gear mesh close enough. I took a small screw driver and bent it back to the right position and now the 3.8 motor can deliver the full power it supposed to and handles like a dream. I appreaciate ur help anyways Kyle

bitchar-gmotors
11-17-2002, 07:41 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you.

Kyle

ICH_BIN_GUT!
11-18-2002, 07:40 PM
I have another question that has recently came up,

How do you charge your modified ZZ? I curently use the ZZ controler still, but that requieres me to jiggle the connecting tabs a little until the red light blinks, this is probably becasue i am now using a 150 Mah battery and a different motor. This process is time consuming and fusturating.

If I were to make a seperate charger (AC) how long do you think it will take to charge? I dont want to ruin any electronics

bitchar-gmotors
11-18-2002, 08:23 PM
ICH_BIN_GUT!,

I use the original Zip Zap contorller to charge my cars too. You should check the position of the metal charging tabs on the bottom of the car. Sometimes they will get out of position slightly during a PCB or Battery mod. Make sure that they are positioned correctly and you shouldn't have this charging problem anymore. If you make a stand-alone charger, I would say you could charge anywhere from 1.5 minutes to 2 minutes. I usually charge my dual battery car for 3 minutes.

Kyle

ICH_BIN_GUT!
11-19-2002, 06:25 PM
So you dont have any problems when charging the car? You just place the car upon the connectors and the red light automatically goes on?

bitchar-gmotors
11-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Yep, when I put the car on the charger, the red light comes on.

Cutlsp
12-16-2002, 02:35 PM
i'm having the same problems as the other person you helped so can you send me a working 3.8 motor i'll send you my bad one cause i have to push the car to get it to move so will you take it and send me one that works? :confused:

bitchar-gmotors
12-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Cutlsp,

If you bought the motor from me, I'll replace it. If you bought the motor from someone else, I'm sure they'll replace it for you also.

Did you swap a PCB from a Bit Char-g or Microsizer into the Zip Zap?

Kyle

Cutlsp
12-16-2002, 10:05 PM
it is a microsizer not a zip zap and i bought it from tinyrc.com on oct.31 so what should i do? can you tell me what to say in a e-mail to get a response? or a refund from tinyrc.com cause i want a working 3.8 motor not a barely moving 3.8 motor i don't know what happened or can i trade it with you for a working one that you know is working? :confused:

bitchar-gmotors
12-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Cutlsp,

Just send Tiny an email letting them know that the 3.8 that you bought from them isn't working correctly. They will probably ask you to send it in and they will send you a new one.

Kyle

Cutlsp
12-17-2002, 12:41 AM
i did that and they still haven't replied yet so what is the deal with that huh kyle can you tell me why they won't reply?:confused:

bitchar-gmotors
12-17-2002, 06:23 AM
Cutlsp,

Tiny has to answer alot of emails each day. I'm sure they are really busy now, because it's right before Christmas. I tell you what, send your 3.8 motor to me at:

Kyle Clemmons
P.O. Box 244
Brownsville, KY 42210

I'll test it to see what's wrong with it and I'll send you a new 3.8 motor that I will personally test to make sure it is running at maximum performance. I'm sure Tiny is super busy right now so I'll try to help them out a little.

Kyle
BITCHAR-GMOTORS.COM

Cutlsp
12-17-2002, 12:17 PM
okay kyle i'll send it out to you tomorrow