PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got a Digi-Q F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usagi
11-11-2002, 01:15 AM
Hey gang I finally located the Digi-Q F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Picken up the Williams and The Jordon Honda Total 11,718 Yen or $91.00 for Both!

usagi
11-11-2002, 01:16 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:D I love this hobby!

enigma101
11-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Great!!! Any further assessment yet, usagi? How do they run?

usagi
11-11-2002, 05:58 PM
well, the steering is very much like F1 style. Very much flexable up and down.
I ran the cars for a min or so, but I noticed hitting the ground offen.
The details are great, the radio is a "Flat Black Color" As for the ars, well detailed wow! Going to buy the others as "car" only in a few weeks.
I am waiting for christmas to open these babies. why so my wife does not kill me untl then for buying them :D

00gt
11-11-2002, 08:57 PM
open one up!!! i'm curious how fast they are!!....and does that spec propo work with regular digi`s?

usagi
11-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 00gt
open one up!!! i'm curious how fast they are!!....and does that spec propo work with regular digi`s?
that i don`t know. But the system seems to be very much the same as the other digi-q systems.(example the tanks)

NorCalCoug
11-12-2002, 09:12 AM
AIYEEEEE!!!!

I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!!!!

:D

Damnit.. I don't have money for any more goodies right now.. Arrgh. :p

usagi
11-12-2002, 10:07 AM
You know, I not really don`t like these cars too much. They seem way too easy to break. I will run them for alittle while then display them. I getting all the cars atleast. But I would do it over again I would not buy them. Its Just my 3yen worth of thought:)

NorCalCoug
11-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Well, I have plans on building a large F1 track for them so I won't worry about damage too much.. :) Are they fast? How do they handle?

00gt
11-12-2002, 01:56 PM
are they faster than regular digi q cars?...does it steer with front tires or rear?

gertman
11-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Sorry if you haven't been keeping up, BUT the F1's steer with the front tires like a regular car.:)

usagi
11-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Sure, as long as your not buying them to bring home to resell at higher prices. I have not reason why i can`t help you out. You said friday right? The 22nd.

As for the quility issue, they seem very cheap. detail is nice but other then that. You Digi-Q nuts will like them. But don`t get your hopes to high. Because from my many many years in r/c i never seen sure bad quility in a and scale from small or larger.

gertman
11-12-2002, 06:34 PM
usagi,

Would you be so kind as to quantify that remark about bad quality? Can you give specifics? Is it worse quality than the tanks? The regular Digi Q's............an Epoch?

usagi
11-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Well they make alot of noise the connects between the charger and the cars are already rusting right out of the box. They Also seem to have a weakness un the front part of the streering area. the tie rods the help ster the the car seem way to easy to break ( just like the real F1`s) The tanks well i love them!

NorCalCoug
11-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Well I can always forgive a bad product (because I can replace shoddy quality parts with stuff I make or remedy the problems) but is it FAST?? :D I just want to know if they are really quick. If they are, then I'm dying to get one. If they're not, then .. eh. :)

usagi
11-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Well the remote is great, you can get the spped and brake etc...........The car is fast, but if the quility is not good enought what the sence? Yes you can mod them to the max maye but whats the sence if you are just going to rip them apart just to do it.

enigma101
11-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, I got lucky. I told a friend of mine who was on a business trip to Japan last week to pick-up a couple of F1's, if he could find them. I didn't expect anything since they just came out but, lo and behold, he surprised me with a McLaren and a Honda today.
:D Of all places, he found them at a Toys-R-Us somewhere in Tokyo.

I've just opened the McLaren box and after a little "reading between the lines" of the instructions (they're in Japanese, of course) got it running without any trouble. I was running the little McLaren on my linoleum kitchen floor. This is my first Digi-Q (well other than the tanks) but this baby is more than fast enough for me!;) With the proportional controls, it's going to take a little practice to get used to driving the F1 but it was cool! If I wasn't careful in the turns, I'd spin out but there's a lot of room for driving practice, on my part.

Again, I just started playing with the McLaren but my initial impression is favorable but it may just be me. They don't appear as fragile as I feared but I wouldn't go bouncing them off of the walls, either.

usagi
11-12-2002, 07:43 PM
"Again, I just started playing with the McLaren but my initial impression is favorable but it may just be me. They don't appear as fragile as I feared but I wouldn't go bouncing them off of the walls, either."
Hum..... I would not go that far ahead and say they are that strong NOWAY! They are very fragile, don`t think just because one person refers to thhis way they are. Yes he payed 6580 yen! Yes i saw them the same day at toysrus. But i payed 5580 yen per piece some where else.

NorCalCoug
11-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Well all the real cars I've owned have been Fords (Except for one DSM) so I'm used to having to replace bad factory parts with good replacements. ;) But unless there's another digital proportional infra-red driven F1 car out there in this size, then this is what I'll have to get. :) I have a very very large room at work that has nothing in the room but floor tiles, so I'm not worried about driving it into anything.

... wait, did you say braking?? How do these things 'brake'? Is there a seperate button for that??? Dang, now I really need one. :(

enigma101
11-12-2002, 09:46 PM
Well I've finished playing with my McLaren for the night and it's still in one piece and going strong. I smacked it up against the wall more times than I'd like... unintentionally, of course,;) and managed to run it under my oven once and it's still going strong with no sign of damage, yet. Again, I would NOT, I repeat, NOT recommend bouncing them off walls. I'm sure it would just be a matter of time before something would give. For my future F1 racing circuit "excursions", I plan to put foam tubing around the perimeters for protection.

I feel fortunate my friend was able to find them at all and I'm grateful he got them for me. He didn't have time for comparison shopping and considering that I didn't have to pay international shipping charges to get them to me, I'm not concerned he didn't find the lowest possible price.

usagi
11-12-2002, 09:56 PM
Lets be real about this car. One it is breakable, two it's not the most well built car. Over hype always kills off people that expect the world when all it is is dirt. I ran mine on flooring and it slipped all over the place. There had very little traction at all! its not that easy to run right out of the box. Just keep it real with comments.

NorCalCoug
11-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Oh, I don't expect it to be strong. I understand that it will be fragile. Where I plan on using it is an area that fragility doesn't even become a concern. :)

If there is another product that meets my requirements (InfraRed, digital proportional) that is as fast but better built and is no more than twice the same price, I will buy that instead. Anyone? :)

gertman
11-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Calm down about the fragility guys, or atleast until someone breaks something :D

NorCalCoug,

Is your Formula Digi Q faster than a regular Digi Q? Obviously if you do not have a Digi Q than you can not compare.:(

NorCalCoug
11-13-2002, 01:17 AM
I don't have a Formula DigiQ right now. I want one though. I do have a normal R34 Skyline DigiQ but I don't have the special controller (which I want) :(

usagi
11-13-2002, 03:09 AM
Everything is cool :) with me. I just like to tell it the way it is.
They are a blast to run, fun level is still 80%. But the hype is way over its head for these cars nice cool looking but other then that nothing.

TEAM_NITRO
11-13-2002, 11:09 AM
Could you guys give me a comparison to the F1's to like speed of a Digi Q speed of a Bit with different motors. Handling is it easier to drive then a Bit or Digi!! Please give details I am trying to decide if I want one!!! Thank you in advance

TEAM NITRO

TEAM_NITRO
11-13-2002, 02:50 PM
? about the F1 controller does it control reg Digi-Q cars!!! I really want to know this because I have a F1 ordered and if the controler is the same thing as a LCD controller for Digi-q

Thanks For any help!!!

TEAM NITRO!

00gt
11-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by TEAM_NITRO
? about the F1 controller does it control reg Digi-Q cars!!! I really want to know this because I have a F1 ordered and if the controler is the same thing as a LCD controller for Digi-q

Thanks For any help!!!

TEAM NITRO!

I'VE ASKED SAME 2 ?`S here and still waiting on answers:rolleyes:

xsracer
11-13-2002, 03:04 PM
I'd like to know that as well. Although if you're got it ordered already, what's the difference? The controller looks exactly the same but that doesn't mean anything. It would be pretty cool if it's the same - you'd get a special controller for about 3000 yen, which is the difference between a kit and a single car. Special controller by itself is 4980 yen.

usagi
11-13-2002, 05:57 PM
The radio might or might not work on other Digi-Q Cars. It might because looks like the same design system. But we have to find out about when someone tries it out. I don`t know.

usagi
11-13-2002, 06:30 PM
can we please keep this clean.............

gertman
11-13-2002, 07:40 PM
My Formula Digi Q will be here in a week or so. I will give a full and detailed report and of course compare it to a regular Digi Q. :D

enigma101
11-13-2002, 07:49 PM
Well I played around a little more after work today with the McLaren. I'm getting better at controlling it with a little more "time behind the wheel." By the way, the F1's use rear steering by varying the speed of each wheel. I believe this is the way other Digi-Q's operate? Sorry, but I don't have any other Digi-Q cars. Since the speed, acceleration, and steering is adjustable on the controller, I've been experimenting with different settings to optimize the control that is comfortable for me at my current level. I've found, so far, for the small area I've been running the McLaren in, I can get better turning performance by getting the speed and acceleration to about 3/4 or so of max and getting the steering to max sensitivity. I have to power-up a little in tight turns to get keep the little F1 cruising through the turn (careful!! Not too much or....wipe-out!:) ) and then back down on the throttle when coming out of the turn to keep from blasting out of control in the "straight-away." It's been fun experimenting with the settings and a little practice sure helps in controlling the little bugger. The little McLaren looks pretty cool to me going around my little circuit after fiddling with the settings, practicing, and concentrating. ;)

Speed? OK, I ran a little impromptu experiment, too. Please don't take it as "gospel" since I did it pretty quickly but here goes. I've got a Bit Racer IR timer and several Microsizers. I set-up a little 3' long drag racing-type "chute" with the timer at one end. I would have liked to have had a run longer than 3 feet but hitting the timer area can be a little tricky for longer runs. Anyhooo... I ran a Microsizer with the std. 2.2 motor 3 times past the timer, averaged the times and came up with a speed of about 1.5 ft/sec (starting from a dead-stop). I then ran the McLaren 3 times at max speed/accel. settings and came up with an average of 2 ft/sec for the little F1. Both cars had fresh charges. Again, this was just a "quicky" attempt to get some kind of speed comparison. I had the feeling the McLaren may still have been accelerating at the 3' mark but who knows for sure. I may be biased. ;)

I'm having fun with the little F1 and isn't that what it's all about anyway?

TEAM_NITRO
11-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Did I read that correctly!?!?!? It does not steer with the front wheels it steers with rear like a Digi-Q!?!?

If it steers with the rear wheels do you feel that it would be better to steer from the front???

USAGI? Is yours the same way?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT! I MAY HAVE A F1 FORSALE IF THEY ARE NOT ALL THEIR SUPPOSED TO BE!

TEAM NITRO

xsracer
11-13-2002, 08:28 PM
enigma101, can you post any pics. I'd like to see how it compares with Microsizers.

NorCalCoug
11-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Did I read that correctly!?!?!? It does not steer with the front wheels it steers with rear like a Digi-Q!?!?

If it steers with the rear wheels do you feel that it would be better to steer from the front???

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT! I MAY HAVE A F1 FORSALE IF THEY ARE NOT ALL THEIR SUPPOSED TO BE!

TEAM NITRO

Let me know. ;)

usagi
11-13-2002, 09:57 PM

TEAM NITRO
The prolem is the steering is very very loose, if the speed is set too high the car does spinout. The front sterring is the pits. I am very disapointed with these cars. Its does straights good, but other then that they stink! You would think paying this much money you get a better product. I payed around $90 Us money for my set. But If i had to do it all over again I would not. Stick with reg Digi-Q Cars, These are just a waste.

gertman
11-14-2002, 06:17 AM
This is NOT a Mustang fourm, please keep it that way!!!:)

usagi
11-14-2002, 08:23 AM
thank you cleaning it up.:)

TEAM_NITRO
11-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Gertman c'mon just allowing others to enjoy things that make me happy!!!!!

I have a ? for you over on the Ephoch forum!!!!!!

TEAM NITRO

irc
11-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Ok I just got mine and it is a very cool little car but? I was expecting front wheel sterring so who ever said it was should be shot! Ok that would be a little aggressive but the car is not fast and it won't even slide out on the hard wood floor. The good thing is it is drivable where the little Digi is very difficult to drive. I think it is cool but not quite what I expected. The IR booster is a must and the TX is just like the optional special TX.

irc
11-14-2002, 11:39 PM
It sounds like usagi is talking about a diffrent car?

usagi
11-15-2002, 02:20 AM
You will not believe this people! I am seeing them at 45.00 apiece! and i seeing the tanks at 36.00 per piece! It seems like the rush is over and there is plenty of stock! hold tight until they reach below 50.00 before buying! BELIEVE ME THE PIECE ARE GOING TO DROP!:cool:

usagi
11-15-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by irc
It sounds like usagi is talking about a diffrent car? I don`t think so IRC easy to drive well believe who you want people but its not the easy. but who is the bolt-brain that said its front wheel drive!:rolleyes: The kit in general is a major let down, i was expecting a better kit. But then again its only a digi-q. This will be my last of these types of kits i every buy. I might give these to my sisters kids for christmas. What a waste of money!

BillyBonz
11-15-2002, 11:10 AM
usagi,

It sounds to me like you need a heapin' helpin' of some yummy food! :)

irc
11-15-2002, 11:28 AM
Well it seams very easy to controll comparing it to the other Digi Q car. And who said it was front wheel drive? I think you Usagi said it had front wheel steering??? Also the cars cost me $45 when they were first released. This is a great little car for $45 but don't expect it to perform like the Epoch.

xsracer
11-15-2002, 11:52 AM
It's a speculation on my part, 'cause my shipment won't get here until tomorrow the earliest, but I can see how the quality wouldn't be too good. I think it comes from the fact that Formulat DigiQ is made by Konami and not Takara (which makes regular Digis). I think regular Digis have superior quality. You might not like how they drive but the quality is excellent. Much better than Bits. Now, look at the tank, which is made by Konami. It's ok, I love it, but a lot of people complained about noise and bad steering and such. The quality is not the same. Also, take an original DigiPropo (made by Takara, comes with kits) and compare it with DigiPropo Special (made by Konami): regular controller feels much sturdier and fits hand much better than Special. So, I don't have too high expectations for Formula DigiQ quality but having said that I'm still really looking forward to them. If you want a better quality F1, get Mini Z F1.

I'm really confused about steering though. I've read here that they are steering with rear wheels, but Konami web side clearly shows front wheel turning in response to steering wheel. Did they change that and forgot the change the web site? Since I don't read Japanese, I don't know what they actualy mean by that. I guess I have to wait until the shipment comes in tomorrow or Monday...

irc
11-15-2002, 12:26 PM
The front wheels do move but not from controller im put. They just seeem to flop around. Don't get me wrong I think the quality is good and I like the car very much! The down side is the gears are very loud just like the tank and reverse is not so great.

enigma101
11-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Hmmmm...I'm by no means a Diqi-Q or micro R/C car expert but I'll have to admit I like my little F1s. I'm having fun with the McLaren. I expected the F1s to have front steering but I can live with the rear steering, once I've gotten used to it. I don't have much experience driving anything like this so it's taken a little practice but I like the F1s better than my Microsizers. After getting used to the F1, I like the proportional steering and speed, as opposed to the Microsizers and the ability to adjust the speed and steering on the controller settings. Plus, I just plain like the looks of a having a little F1 cruising my mini-circuit. There aren't many F1 options for something this size. I was looking at a Mini-Z Ferrari the other day in a local hobby shop. The first time I'd seen one. Very nice looking and no doubt very nice performing but it looked huge compared to the Konami F1s. Sorry, to hear the F1s weren't what you hoped for, Usagi.

gertman
11-15-2002, 04:59 PM
enigma101,

Tell me how is front ground clearence? How is it under the middle of the car?

enigma101
11-15-2002, 06:04 PM
Not much clearance and there isn't a whole lot of difference between the front and the middle of the car. Just a quick estimate but I'd say about 1/32" on average with the front, just under the middle of the front spoiler, being a little less. The F1 rides pretty low to the ground.

TEAM_NITRO
11-15-2002, 06:09 PM
I just got my F1. :(

I am putting it up forsale!!

Shoot me an offer nothing stupid though i really would like to get my money back but lets see!!!!

xsracer
11-15-2002, 06:15 PM
So what's the deal? Is it just the steering you don't like or is there something else?

TEAM_NITRO
11-15-2002, 06:23 PM
The steering is not my thing the car appears to fun for someone not looking to compete!!! I have an Epoch on order i hope this thing is as good as folks say!

ddoggpitz@hotmail.com if you are interested in this car I can take Credit Card!!!

usagi
11-15-2002, 07:09 PM
The streeing just move as the are car rear turns. I will tell you this, not only were they not what the promised. But it seems like me in Japan feel the same. many shops thought it was going to be a hot item. But one shop keeper told me many people don`t like the steering and how the run. Many that bought them returned them. I think konami over hyped the F1 cars, its a nice little car, but what some shops are asking for these cars 6,500 yen is way over priced. Just don`t pay more then $50.00 for this cars Trust me on this one guys. :)

usagi
11-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Yes like the real F1 it has low ground clearance, but that does not me even this little guys have to bottom out all the time. They make good displace pieces, but running then and hearing them hit the gound as they run is a real turnoff!

enigma101
11-16-2002, 10:11 AM
I just got my F1.

I would have definitely been interested if it was the Ferrari which, of course, it isn't, since it hasn't been released yet.

Although the F1 rides close to the ground, I haven't noticed any bottoming-out. The body is fairly rigid and I'm running mine on a fairly smooth, level, hard indoor surface. There's also no scuffing on the bottom of mine which might indicate any bottoming-out. If the running surface isn't smooth and level, with the small clearance, I'm sure you may hit something on the bottom. It isn't a Hummer. ;)

enigma101
11-16-2002, 02:32 PM
With it being Saturday, I got a little more time in with the Mclaren. I picked up some foam insulation tubing (the kind you use to insulate plumbing) the other night. Only a couple of bucks worth were needed. I split it down the middle and used it to line the perimeter of the little area (about 7'x4') I'm using for my circuit. It works great as a bumper for the little F1 when I inadvertently "hit the wall." The tacky adhesive on the foam helps keep the tubing in place. Back to the F1. I've been continuing to experiment with the controller settings and so far my experience has been that the driving characteristics of the McLaren are very dependent upon what settings are programmed into the controller. I'd recommend trying various speed, acceleration, and steering settings before you give-up on the F1's. I'll be the first to admit that, at least for me, the McLaren F1 is not a "pull-it-out-of-the-box-and-go-racing-car." It's taken some fooling with the controller settings and practice to get the F1 performing reasonably well. The car was not a "turn-key" operation, at least for me. It reminds me some of learning to fly R/C airplanes. It takes a while to "get it in the groove." Anyway, I still enjoy the little McLaren and the fact you can experiment with it's different settings. I haven't broken anything on it (yet ;) ) and it looks good to me for being such a small car. It makes some noise but it's definitely not as annoying as the noise my tanks made before I did a lube job on them. I haven't even considered doing a "lube job" on the F1, yet. With all that said, I can understand why some of us aren't happy with them, especially with the lack of front steering being a disappointment.

Cheng
11-16-2002, 06:31 PM
Hi, I just got my first Digi Q, and its an F1. Whats the big deal about these compared to the normal ones? I have to wait until christmas though....

And @ 5500 Y it seemed pretty cheap for a controller and car...(£28)

I can't wait! :)

usagi
11-16-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by enigma101
I would have definitely been interested if it was the Ferrari which, of course, it isn't, since it hasn't been released yet.

Although the F1 rides close to the ground, I haven't noticed any bottoming-out. The body is fairly rigid and I'm running mine on a fairly smooth, level, hard indoor surface. There's also no scuffing on the bottom of mine which might indicate any bottoming-out. If the running surface isn't smooth and level, with the small clearance, I'm sure you may hit something on the bottom. It isn't a Hummer. ;)

I don`t thing your talking about the same car enigma. Its hits the ground all the time. The cleanance is so low like the real F1, some thing is not right here. Many people are saying the same thing about these cars. Either your not really telling the truth, or you have a differant F1. Believe me after being is r/c for god know how many years, this car is total waste of money.
If your happy with the F1 fine, but come on saying they cars don`t hit the ground offen is pushing the truth alittle too far.

r.c.dealer
11-16-2002, 10:02 PM
I just got my F1. :(

Shoot me an offer nothing stupid though i really would like to get my money back but lets see!!!!

Is it still for sale? Has it been used? How much do you want for it?

enigma101
11-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Fact: I have a Konami McLaren F1. I have not noticed it "bottoming-out." I'm sorry you're not happy with the F1 but that doesn't mean we all have to be. Where do you come off with your accusations, Usagi? If this forum isn't open to different opinions, I'll refrain from posting here. Just because my observations do not agree with yours doesn't mean I can't express them. Hey, these are only toy cars anyway. Geesh!!!:rolleyes:

gertman
11-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Hey usagi,

Lighten UP!

GTR
11-16-2002, 10:51 PM
hmm....so far...people have just compared the digi propo controller physically

but....does it WORK with the original digi'qs?

irc
11-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Bottoming out? Usagi where are you running your F1. I have had no problem bottoming out? In fact how can that happen with little to no suspension.

xsracer
11-17-2002, 01:30 AM
The controller DOES NOT work with the original Digi Qs

usagi
11-17-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by enigma101
Fact: I have a Konami McLaren F1. I have not noticed it "bottoming-out." I'm sorry you're not happy with the F1 but that doesn't mean we all have to be. Where do you come off with your accusations, Usagi? If this forum isn't open to different opinions, I'll refrain from posting here. Just because my observations do not agree with yours doesn't mean I can't express them. Hey, these are only toy cars anyway. Geesh!!!:rolleyes:
HUm:confused: Well i hate to say this enigma, but I can`t really believe that you have not noticed the car hitting the ground. I don`t care if agree with me or not. I am just telling it the way it is. These cars are not worth the $60.00. Toys yes but the hype with this cars have been unreal! boy oh boy touchy people:rolleyes:

usagi
11-17-2002, 03:46 AM
I am am saying the car is hitting the ground more times then not. Anyways these two cars are to my sisters kids for christmas. God, some people can`t take a bit of neg talking about a product without getting pick on:rolleyes:

Cheng
11-17-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by xsracer
The controller DOES NOT work with the original Digi Qs

Usagi, can you confirm that?

I'll have to buy *Another* controller?

(I have the Konami F1 PropoSpecial Controller)

usagi
11-17-2002, 08:27 AM
if you planning on using the old controller with the F1 they you need to bu the complete f1 set.

TEAM_NITRO
11-17-2002, 08:32 AM
To R.C.Dealer

E-mail me what you want to pay for it.

I opened it charged it drove it put it back in the box and said I really do not enjoy it. It is awsome detail and some folks are loving theres just not what I like!!!!

New used 100% condition Perfect!!!!

ddoggpitz@hotmail.com

I can take Credit Card!

Cheng
11-17-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by usagi
if you planning on using the old controller with the F1 they you need to bu the complete f1 set.

No, I have the F1 kit...can I use the controller on normal Digi Qs?

xsracer
11-17-2002, 11:10 AM
No, you cannot use F1 controller on normal Digi Q. Or the otherway around. At least it didn't work for me. Don't believe me - fine. Buy a cheap Digiq single car and try for yourself.

Cheng
11-17-2002, 11:18 AM
No, you cannot use F1 controller on normal Digi Q. Or the otherway around. At least it didn't work for me. Don't believe me - fine. Buy a cheap Digiq single car and try for yourself.

Someone will find a way to hack it eventually ;)

usagi
11-17-2002, 08:09 PM
maybe some time soon someone will get inside the controller.:D

NorCalCoug
11-17-2002, 09:44 PM
If a certain somebody sells me his only once-used F1, I just may be hacking the controller and seeing how it works.. :D

xsracer
11-17-2002, 09:59 PM
It's probably controlled by a chip. And F1 and regular Digi probably have different IR code sets. Which measn, to change it you'll need to either get the chip with the right code set or reprogram an existing chip. Either way it doesn't worth dealing with it for a lousy $50 or whatever you pay for the controller. Plus, it's easy enough to break.

usagi
11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
its just not worth the hack either. But the hype of this car has been really overdone. The next time Digi-q release some like this I am thinking twice before buying. What a waste.

donut
11-18-2002, 04:38 AM
I thought usagi was being a bit too hard with his review on this one. However, after getting mine, I totally agree with him. Maybe it's just that I'm not a big fan of cars this small but after trying hard to be objective about it, man this thing really sucks. I only ran it for a few minutes and #%!@&* waste of money. The only thing it has going for it is the way it looks. But hell, for a lot less you can buy a 1/43 plastic model kit.

This is just my opinion. No offense to all you digi-q lovers.

wanna buy? wanna trade?

e_lm_70
11-18-2002, 06:01 AM
What a shame !

I was thinking to buy a F1 body plus a F1 kit, with the intention to reuse my DigiPropController Special.

Now I think that it has no more sense!

My Single Digi-Q (the blue TT) is just fun for mess around, is very fast but without control (or real control). I got a couple of iRacer (30$ : 2x15$ the full set) and they are not as good as Digi-Q but again just nice for mess around.

The best micro car is till the Tomy Booster, isn't fast like the Digi-Q, but only in a Drag Race a Digi-Q can overtake a Tomy Booster.

With real front stearing weels and compatibility with olf Digi-Q the new F1 from takara it will have been great.
So far I can just get from ToyEast for 72$ eash, so if for uasgi they even deserve 40$, I will keep running my cool Mini-Z F1 and my Tomy.

Till waiting from TinyRC my Two epoch, Tiny are U there ? What happen to my order?

With my experience with IR cars due to the delay and the booring rear tractin stearing, it is just a toy for let a kid mess around, but defenetly not a hobby item for have some nice competition inside a small flat !

WHAT a SHAME !

usagi
11-18-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by donut
I thought usagi was being a bit too hard with his review on this one. However, after getting mine, I totally agree with him. Maybe it's just that I'm not a big fan of cars this small but after trying hard to be objective about it, man this thing really sucks. I only ran it for a few minutes and #%!@&* waste of money. The only thing it has going for it is the way it looks. But hell, for a lot less you can buy a 1/43 plastic model kit.

This is just my opinion. No offense to all you digi-q lovers.

wanna buy? wanna trade?
Donut wow! thats intersting that you agree with me:eek: I thought al the Digi-Q lovers would love this F1. The looksa re great but other then that UCK! I was going to buy the Ferrari, But NO WAY IN HECH I going to spend another Yen on these Pieces of junk! HYPE YES! VALUE -150!:mad:

xsracer
11-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Positive AND informative!!! As always.

usagi
11-18-2002, 09:21 AM
How long was the hype for these cars? May? I saw them at the r/c in shizouka then. But I swear they car better then these pieces of wasted plastic. If i was the Ferrair, Williams. McLarean, Toyota and Jordan I would make Tomy recall all these pieces of trash. It does not even live up to the Farrari name. Forget it I buying a Ferrari Mini-z F1 instead!:mad:

xsracer
11-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Oh, man. It's soooo funny how BITTER you are, it makes me laugh. Is life soooo bad? Or 6000 yen (or whatever you spent on them) changed your life forever? Come on...

And I do agree with you on one thing: Mini Z F1 is a superior piece of equipment. BUT it costs 3 times as much. It's 3 times as big, so you can't really race it on the kitchen floor. AND it's a topic for mini-zracer.com.

gertman
11-18-2002, 09:41 AM
usagi,

would make Tomy recall all these pieces of trash

Am I missing something? Since when did Tomy make Formula Digi Q's???

Cheng
11-18-2002, 02:00 PM
So usagi, can you definitely confirm that the F1 controller does not work with your regular DigiQs?

Xsracer, I believe you anyway, but we need 2 confirmations at least..

usagi
11-18-2002, 03:06 PM
Oh, man. It's soooo funny how BITTER you are, it makes me laugh. Is life soooo bad? Or 6000 yen (or whatever you spent on them) changed your life forever? Come on...

And I do agree with you on one thing: Mini Z F1 is a superior piece of equipment. BUT it costs 3 times as much. It's 3 times as big, so you can't really race it on the kitchen floor. AND it's a topic for mini-zracer.com.

Why is it that some people always allwas say"Why are you was bitter" wow i am sorry but I think wasting money is not funny! If you have money to waste fine, but come here and saying this sort of remark really goes to show how much people like you really care about what they are buying. :rolleyes:
Next time, please think before you post. Flaming is not nice and allow on this board.

usagi
11-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by gertman
usagi,

Am I missing something? Since when did Tomy make Formula 1 Digi Q's???
You don`t know? http://www.konami.co.jp
come on:rolleyes: gesh I can`t even make a comment on a product!

usagi
11-18-2002, 08:26 PM
if you want a real take on this car real this thread.

e_lm_70
11-19-2002, 03:21 AM
Hi Usagi

I totaly agree with you.
It is very good that people are honest and transparent.
It is nice and cool always make a positive review of a product/toy.
But it is important that when a product is a crap people say it openly.

Thanks to your report I'm happy on not wasting money on a fake cool 1/32 F1.

e_lm_70

In the case of this IR F1 since it is a TOY (not a hobby RC) I can understand that people can be in love with this toy, but it look to me that is just another car for mess around, like the original Digi-Q, that at least was a unbreakable toy, nice and safe to give to a kid, or for find out the KID that it is in us (that it is always a good thing to do :)

e_lm_70
11-19-2002, 03:26 AM
PS maybe I shuld chage alias: e_lm_70 : my car plate is going to be sold today :(

My 1:1 270HP 270km/h is going to change owner, my 120$ monthly toy have been killed by a booring company car (sobh just 100HP)

270km/h in 1:1 scale are more fun then in 1/24 or 1/43 scale :) , but need more space and a jump in the german motorway :)

usagi
11-19-2002, 08:25 AM
e_lm_70,
you bring up some very important information here. Its always good to here the good info but its also very important to here the negitive also. Another important fact is this is a toy r/c not a quote hobby R\C. Thats alone should tell people not to expect much from the F1. But at some of the crazy prices toyeast $92.00 not knowing what the other place is selling them at or the ebay nutheads sellers. You need to be very careful with hype and what you really should expect from This F1. Ok, for around 45.00 it might be worth it but anymore is a just a very sad reminder why BOTH + and- reviews are important.

If some of you think I am repeating what i said in the past, I am sorry.
Usagi

NewbieBrigade
11-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Man i just finished reading the whole thread..
Usagi, you do sound bitter but thats fine. Negative feedback is always good to hear about a product, but u dont have to like slam every post that mentions something possibily positive about it :p
Also your money is atleast not going to a complete waste.. You can always resell it, or like you said give them to your sister's kids. I bet they would enjoy playing with it and who knows they might get into r/c later on..

usagi
11-22-2002, 12:16 PM
slaming is not the correct term. But atleast the my sister kid will enjpy getting a them. slaming is not the issue. Its all about enjoyment. These cars just don`t do it in my mind.

ms char-ged
10-03-2003, 12:45 AM
usagi, i know you think there sh.it, but they are on special at hlj.com you can get a Williams FW24 car and controller for 2000 YEN, and you can get a spare Ferrari F2002 body for 790YEN, you were absolutely right, the price has become so low, even though you say they run ****, for the price of a bit char-g with an extra body, i'll have to give in, let me know if i should sucomb to this temptation.

e_lm_70
10-03-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by ms char-ged
usagi, ....for the price of a bit char-g with an extra body, i'll have to give in, let me know if i should sucomb to this temptation.

I was not able to not su(b)comb ...

Just placed an order for the Williams + Ferrari #1 body !

Cool info ...

Danke

e_lm_70

:cool: P.S: hlj is a good eShop ... no problem to order from them !

ms char-ged
10-07-2003, 06:31 AM
btw, another bad thing about these are the batteries can't be replaced, after approx 200 charges the car becomes dead (less powerful) according to konami

e_lm_70
10-16-2003, 08:44 AM
The amount of order that HLJ has got over the Digi-Q Formula in Sale was so big that they have not been able to deliver !

They state (probably wrong) that Digi-Q Formula is out of production, so they have run out of stock and it is no more possible to deliver the Digi-Q with -70% discount !

So no Digi-Q Ferrari .... :eek:

What a crap !

e_lm_70

Jon
11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
G'day chaps...I've just popped in cuz I picked up a Williams DigiQFormula. It is a pre-production Konami UK product.
I can confirm that the F1's are twin motor, rear wheel steering, with plastic ackerman linked front wheels. They are finely detailed, but too fragile for a knock-about toy. I believe Konami see it as a sort of wireless Scalextrix, with competitions and so on. They are pretty fast in a straight line, in fact I ran out of room before it reached top speed, and fairly inevitably, need precise steering inputs if you are not to kill that speed by dragging a wheel as you turn. One nice manouver is that you can do a very realistic looking reverse spin turn...it looks just like the real thing....

Charge life on the car seemed adequate on my cheapo rechargables, but it sucked the life out of a new set of Duracells very fast...although they may have been a bit old in the packet...

They need a big, flowing track to really shine, and the tunable handset would actually make a difference here.

Later

Jon

CyberX
12-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by e_lm_70
The amount of order that HLJ has got over the Digi-Q Formula in Sale was so big that they have not been able to deliver !

They state (probably wrong) that Digi-Q Formula is out of production, so they have run out of stock and it is no more possible to deliver the Digi-Q with -70% discount !

So no Digi-Q Ferrari .... :eek:

What a crap !

e_lm_70

for more than 6 month and I didn't notice any chang in HLJ and ToyEast regarding the konamy's product they are not moving! and ToyEast has one car for sale for about 1 year not one has come to buy it!

Racer9
07-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Toyeast has a clone of this using radio front wheel steering but no propo. Oh well. Get some FET modded SE electronics into it and that should be fun!

jamg1975
08-12-2004, 04:44 AM
hello,

The batteries of this one bishush are not a problem, they sell on some pages (1/3 AAA NiMh) but it does not seem to have restored at the moment, on quite tyres.

I have a Renault R23, yet I do not take the measurement, but I like, and do not believe that it is fragile, it is not also to cover it with stars, and it works very well, except that practice is needed to dominate it.

:bdrop: :bir:

I believe that this is better than the slot, livertad of movement and limited space, without need to take tracks, of course a rather smooth soil, and where the wheels could fight.
:cool:

SpeedMeizer
12-04-2004, 08:48 AM
I have 5 of these.
They are Great!
Yes - they are Unique and take a little getting used to.
I have the technique down now and it does drive very realistic.
The braking action is tunable and realistic to how real F1 perform on racetrack. I have 2 diff tracks I race these on and they are the Bomb.
I also have 15 Epochs and other Ripmax, etc...
You cannot fairly compare these to any other type of car.
I believe it takes a Skilled driver to appreciate the detailed tunable driving charicteristics of these Fine cars!
If you just want to go fast w/ no effort buy a Epoch...if you want somthing Unique and tunable get the F1.
This car is NOT JUNK and is worth every penny (To Me).
I am 35 and have been racing RC for may years...so my opinion is
as such not a NewBie opinion.
It is too bad that these are almost all gone now.
I have 5 and want to get more!