PDA

View Full Version : Gear Sets?

kbtoyz902
07-16-2002, 12:57 AM
ive got the hiroto GT-R, a Celica, and an RX-7. I wanna use the RX-7 since its my favorite japanese car, but i wanna make sure it has a good combo of gears and motors, but still maintaining the "chrome" rims.

i swapped the motor off the GT-R and put it on the RX-7. I took the blue counter gear off of the skyline and put it on the RX-7, so far it works fine. I notice that theres 7 small teeth on the orange counter gear, and 8 on the blue one, and i know the more teeth, the more it should rotate. Now i still want to keep the "chrome" rims, but do i need the blue spur gear? or will keeping the orange. So basically im asking if this combo is better than what i used to have on the RX-7?

Previously:
57MHZ
Orange Spur(stock)
Orange Counter(stock)
2.6 Motor(from GT-R)

Currently:
57MHZ
Orange Spur(stock)
Blue Counter(from GT-R)
2.6 Motor(From GT-R)

Which of these two are better? or should i go and buy a whole different set of gear? IF thats the case, i'll just do that since i plan on buying another 2.6, and tires. You can aim me at kbtoyz902, and thanks in advance.

E)(pul$ioN
07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
I believe this case is a matter between acceleration and top speed. I think that a stock orange counter gear is in between the two matters, giving you a same amount of acceleration and top speed. Now, I also believe that the blue counter gear is best for acceleration since it has more teeth. Therefore assuming that, if you get the other gear set, it would be for top speed. So basically is depends on you.

If you like top speed: Buy new color gear set with less teeth.

If you like acceleration: Stay

E)(pul$ioN
07-17-2002, 01:45 PM
Hmmm.. Hold up on that thought. How many teeth are on the other gear set? Oh yeah, I think it is the other way around. The more teeth has less rotation rounds than one that has less teeth.

ViperKid
07-17-2002, 01:50 PM
i think Wedgy said it best

The blue ones are low speed high torque gears. Great for technical courses
The orange ones are the stock ones on most Bits. Good gear all round.
The teal ones are the speed gears. It decreases the torque of the car, but once you get up to speed, it's really fast. Great for tracks with a lot of straights.

i think i did that wrong, oh well you get the point

kbtoyz902
07-17-2002, 11:34 PM
ok, ima rephrase this. My gears are actually more of a teal then a blue. It's like almost baby blue. So i have a baby blue counter gear, and an orange spur gear. So is that a good combo? speed counter+middle spur? im more of a tech guy too, but the track im making out of foam board, has its share of straights just as much as turns and waves.

i was also wondering if you can mix and match the colored gears. They seem to mesh fine, but i dont wanna mess my stuff up. Another thing is do the wheels come off, cuz i might wanna use all "teal" for racing my friends on desks. Lastly, are all the spur gears the same amount of teeth? i might take pics later and upload em. but i gotta swap my bros, antenna and stuff.

E)(pul$ioN
07-18-2002, 12:43 AM
Ima lost... ;)

kbtoyz902
07-18-2002, 01:57 AM
heres my gearbox. teal counter, orange spur, 2.6 motor.

E)(pul$ioN
07-18-2002, 01:57 PM
Heres something from the Tips & Mod section of this site:

This set comes with three different gear ratios, consisting of an axle (without tires) and a matching colored gear. You cannot mix the gear colors or the car will not run due to gear binding.

The gear colors are as follows:
Blue - good acceleration but not much top end. Good for climbing and technical tracks.
Orange - fair speed, fair acceleration. A good all around gear. This setup comes standard with all cars except special editions.
Teal - somewhat slow acceleration but great top end. Good for racing or wide open spaces. This setup comes standard with all special edition cars.

TinyRC: What do you mean by mixing the gears up?