PDA

View Full Version : Mini-X bearings

W-tone
07-15-2002, 01:37 AM
I'm seriously thinking about getting a mini-X to add to my tinyRC collection.
Which bearings do I need to completely outfit the car?
Are any included in the basic kit?

Thanks.

W-t

The Thunderer
07-15-2002, 04:06 AM
I think the special now includes FULL BEARINGS!!! Here's the link....

Mini-X In The Shop (http://www.tinyrc.com/shop/product.php?pid=26)

I'm tempted myself, but I just bought another Micro RS4 to complete my set. I'll have to wait about another month. Hopefully the special is still on then.

W-tone
07-15-2002, 05:17 AM
I was refering to the basic kit :)
but the price IS very competetive.
We'll see if I can borrow somebody's pay-pal ;)

irc
07-15-2002, 11:33 AM
The basic kit is just the car, no electronics. So if this is the kit you are wanting to add bearings to you will need 3 packs of #M0-02 bearings for the front and rear wheel hubs and 2 packs of M0-01 for the diff's. But TRC has the Car Kit W/bearings for such a low price I would get that kit and save some $ as it comes with every thing you need to run it less the transmitter.

Btman
07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
The mini-x is an incredible car for the price! The speed and handling out of the box is impressive especially with the bearings installed. The other small scale rc car makers need to take a page out of the mini-z, mini-x, and rocket racer book and make a version available with receiver, speed control, and servo standard. I want to try an ABC dtm x-4 or Kawada Tripmate next but I dont want to take my electronics out of my other cars. The electronics for these cars are going to cost you at least $75 or so. That is why the mini-z, mini-x and rocket racer are great values for the money. I may have to strip one of my cars soon because I want to try a new chassis bad. I have the mini scale rc fever and I can't help myself!

tinyrc
07-16-2002, 05:59 PM
Btman, the Mini-X electronics are available as a set, and can be used in the ABC DTMs, Kawada, etc.

http://tinyrc.com/shop/product.php?pid=31

ViperKid
07-16-2002, 08:40 PM
what esc does that package come with? servo?

tinyrc
07-16-2002, 10:48 PM
ViperKid, they are all purpose-built, not off the shelf, so it's a Mini-X servo, a Mini-X ESC and a Mini-X Rx and crystals.

W-tone
07-17-2002, 08:53 AM
I can't believe my luck!
A friend is in HK on busines and is bringing me one, without electronics but anyway :)

they are all purpose-built, not off the shelf, so it's a Mini-X

I already own some pico/micro servos and an Rx, do I have to modify the servo much?

baleisen
08-01-2002, 01:10 PM
The Mini-X comes with no useful information, other than setting the speed controller. I need to know where the aftermarket bearings go. The x-mission and wheel bearings. Pictures would be helpful, if possible. Is there an exploded drawing of the Xcar? BAE

irc
08-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Yeah the X comes with little information. But bearings are very easy to install. For the diffs remove the two top covers holding the diffs in and pull the diff out. Replace the large plastic bushings it spins on with two M0-01 bearings. For the front wheels remove the wheel and shaft and replace the outside bushing with a m0-02 bearing. For the rear wheels remove the wheel and shaft and replace both bussings in the hub with 2 m0-02 bearings. Where did you get your X?

baleisen
08-02-2002, 08:24 AM
I got it from Dinball. The hop-ups from TinyRc. They should let you know how many of each bearing is needed. BAE

irc
08-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Yeah Dinball has good prices but exspensive shipping and very little product support. I think TRC prices could be even less due to the shipping cost? I hope that bearing post helps. The total amount needed for the whole car is 2 #M0-01 and 3 #M0-02 bearing packs. IM sure this information is on our web site along with set up tips.

Jeff

tinyrc
08-02-2002, 01:03 PM
A word of warning about dinball, they inflate shipping costs to cover the seemingly low prices. If you have ever ordered from them, take a look at the stamps on your package and compare it to the actual amount charged. You'll find that about $7 worth of postage cost you $30 or so (remember to convert HKD to USD). In addition, they stock a lot of fake parts, they buy parts from Japan LHSs, then make cheap copies (and sometimes even totally fake parts not even based on existing brand name parts) and sell them using FAKE packaging made to look like real brand names. Our Japanese distributors and even the companies themselves informed us about this.

baleisen
08-03-2002, 11:37 AM
What is the 3rd set of axle bearings for?
Also I need the rear motor cover with screws. Where can I get them? BAE

irc
08-04-2002, 09:05 PM
The other bearing is for the motor shaft but it comes installed in the car? Unless you got one of the first models from Dinball? The motor only has one cover installed in all kits but does have a place for a second one but is not neccesary.

tinyrc
08-05-2002, 12:48 AM
IRC, I think everyone is pretty confused at this point - starting with a stock Mini-X, how many of each pack do you need? 2/2 or 2/3?

irc
08-05-2002, 05:24 AM
You need 2 packs on M0-01 for the diffs & 3 packs of M0-02 for the wheel hubs. Or just buy your mini X from TRC and it comes with bearings!

usagi
08-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by tinyrc
A word of warning about dinball, they inflate shipping costs to cover the seemingly low prices. If you have ever ordered from them, take a look at the stamps on your package and compare it to the actual amount charged. You'll find that about $7 worth of postage cost you $30 or so (remember to convert HKD to USD). In addition, they stock a lot of fake parts, they buy parts from Japan LHSs, then make cheap copies (and sometimes even totally fake parts not even based on existing brand name parts) and sell them using FAKE packaging made to look like real brand names. Our Japanese distributors and even the companies themselves informed us about this.

I heard about this........... They also buy used packaging or r/c parts ( thats used in Japan ) and copy them and package them as new........ BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baleisen
08-08-2002, 02:09 PM
I want to thank everybody here. The bearing surgury went well. I'll give you all an almost-free tip. (It costs $1.00 here in Da Burgh.) Don't buy plastic compatible thread-lock. Yes, I know that you need it. Get plastic balloon-in-a-tube. This is the same stuff. Now you have your pick of colors, too. It will also lock the wheel nuts on. At a 1/10 of the cost. BAE