PDA

View Full Version : mini 4wd motors

dtmracer
10-24-2002, 11:37 PM
i have some of those tamiya mini 4wd motors and i was wondering if anyone has put any of these into their mini x. i know that they are meant to only run on 2 cells, but if you supply adequate cooling i assume you can run it on 4 cells. after looking at the armatures of these motors i noticed that they were like 10 turn motors!!!!! compared to the 70 turn you get with the car. these also have ball bearings. i know that this would eliminate the 4wd and i am bummed to remove it but think of the possibilities. without the 4wd you would have alot more room to place electronics. i took out the front diff and noticed that in that this space where the diff was, you can place the servo instead. the only problem i am not sure of is the motor getting too hot and possiblly melting the chassis. if anyone has any input on this please respond, thanks

tinyrc
10-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Be careful - the Mini4WD motors are designed for cars that don't have electronic ciruitry like the Mini-X, but rather just a straight circuit. The bottom end Mini4WD motors will work fine, but the higher end ones could burn our your ESC.

dtmracer
10-26-2002, 03:29 PM
i plan on using the high end o kami motors. i plan on using a keyence esc which has no motor limit for 1/10 rc motors so i assume it can handle these little ones. do you think i will burn up the motor running it on 4 cells? the minimum amount of cells for this esc is 4 cells, so i can t put any less. also i know that these motors drain battery cells super fast. i think you need at least 1600 mah cells . is there any cells with that capacity that are smaller than aa size?
i hooked up 4 cells directly to it and WWWWOOOOOOWWW insane speed. i really hope this will work. thanks

JDMiniRacer15
11-01-2002, 02:38 AM
has anyone tried rewinding the commutator with a bigger wire and less turns with neo magnets?