PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and Question

Vollblut
03-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Hi,

I'm new here. Recently discovered the dNaNo concept and was lured away from my slot cars with the prospect of running the cars without a track, although I realize they perform best on foam surface, etc.

My first car is the Porsche 962 in Rothmans livery, which is a personal favorite as historic racecars go. I got the car and the transmitter charged up and had a blast racing around the house without being limited to a track.

The 1:43 scale body is really nicely done when I compare it to my Slot.it 1:32 version of the same car. However, I noticed the body comes with the generic 'Racing' decals instead of the original Rothmans.

On slot cars from the Slot.it brand, the same type of generic decals are used for cars with tobacco sponsors. Only you can remove them with scotch tape and the tobacco brand decals are underneath.

Does anyone know if dNaNo does the same with tobacco brand decals? If so, how would you remove the generic mock ups? Scotch tape? Thanks!

MrNanoTrax
03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
check out the omotesando blog (http://omotesando.kyoshoshop.com/cat35/cat36/) which has a load of pics of this cat doing a detailed paint job like one would see on the dnano asc bodies. its in japanese, but this may help you in some way... or at least i hope it does. good luck ;)

Apie
03-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Sweet link!