PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you change the wheel size from stock

Chris Moore
01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Ok there are several active threads discussing the needed option parts, upgrades, etc. But I'm wondering what happens to the handling of a car if you put bigger meats on it than it came with. For example, if your car came with 20's rear and 19's front what would happen if you put 20's on the fronts? Given of course that the body has enough room without rubbing or issues. Has anyone tried this type of mod? What were your results?

MrNanoTrax
01-28-2010, 10:22 PM
been there, done that... i tried to put a 19F/20R combination on my Mazda 787b (stock is 18F/20R). this made the car oversteer, spin-out, etc... the only models that can take on larger wheels without negatively effecting normal handling are the ones with the same size on front/rear (Gallardo, Subaru, Skyline, R8, etc)

Halley1
03-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Cool site, this post includes very nice and informative content that I never perceive before. i want to say that please post some new information and interesting research . I really appreciate your way of presenting such an excellent suggestion. I want more and i will come back here, regards

edhchoe
04-14-2010, 12:33 AM
On my son's Enzo, I put 19/20 instead of 18/20. And it works fine. I also tried 19/19 and the car was quicker out of a turn but the acceleration was not as smooth.