PDA

View Full Version : 1/43 Resin model type wheels

quarterpound
10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
What do you pros think of the possibilities here (http://www.karmodels.com/1-43rd-wheels-price-up-c-297.html)? The prices are obviously a little high, and I'm hesitant to be the guinea pig, but on the other hand these wheels are absolutely PIMP. I imagine to get them to fit the hubs there would be savage hackery required; perhaps you could shear the hub fro a dNano wheel and then glue it to the vintage kit wheel? Then of course you'd have to drill a hole for the bolt, and hope your glue holds, and that you can get racing tires onto the wheels, and the wheels are probably tiny compared to dNano wheels etc etc problems problems. But... wouldn't it be awesome? ;)

Marcro
10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Interesting web site and interesting idea. However, if you've looked at the inside of those wheels, I seriously doubt that they could be made to fit the Dnano's. :(
It would be awesome if could be made, but I doubt you'll have any luck. Those resin kit's are also heavy and fragile. The bodies would not be suitable for racing. I've had my eye's and heart set on the Koenig Specials resin kits as a possible Dnano body, but the resin just wouldn't be durable for racing.