PDA

View Full Version : Best tire choice for the Official Kyosho Hobbytown Track surface?

jdob
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
My local Hobbytown USA has finally got their track set up and ready to go!

So I have to ask - What is the best tire choice for running on the Official Kyosho dNaNo Track surface?

Anyone with experience running on the Official Kyosho dNaNo Track surface please post up your opinions please...I am mainly interested in which Kyosho brand tire set-up is best - not really interested in off brand parts at this point - I just want to buy what seems to be working best for this particular surface and at the same time help the hosting store by purchasing Kyosho parts from their in store inventory to keep the dNaNo bandwagon rolling...

So what's the best overall Kyosho tire set-up for a stock dNaNo on the Official Kyosho dNaNo Track surface???

jdob
07-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Anybody else out there???

OK - I'll give my opinion on what is working best for me so far...

I ran with the stock front (50) and rear (10) tires first - Rear tires seemed to loose traction just slightly from time to time, but nothing major. Front tires just would not turn the car.

I switched to (20) rears as mentioned by Art Davenport in the Fremont, CA track thread to try and get a little bit more steering by taking away a little bit of traction from the rear. This seemed to work well for Art, but I honestly couldn't notice much if any of a steering improvement.

I left the (20) rears on and switched the fronts from the stock (50) to some (40)'s. Driving the car like I had been driving it before with the (50)'s it would loop around and spin out just like Art mentioned in his thread. But taking a couple clicks of steering throw out with the transmitter and smoothing out my steering inputs this set-up was best by far! For me anyways...

I never did put the stock (10)'s back on the rear to try out with the (40)'s on the front - so I don't know excactyly how that would turn out??? I'll have to try that out next time...

So for right now the best set-up for me with a stock dNaNo is (40) fronts and (20) rears with a couple clicks of steering throw taken out with the transmitter and smoother steering inputs from me...

I guess thats it for now - until I can get some more track time in...

Pierro
07-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Hello!

For me the best set-up is different depending on the track.

40 front and 20 rear on my mini-96.
40 front ant 10 rear on the club track. For some reason my mini-96 seems to have more traction and so, if I let the 20 on rear at the club I will only do donuts with full throttle.

I use to think the kyosho track would need more grippy tires than a RCP one.

Kassi
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
What surface do they use at hobbytown on official tracks?

They use Atomic or Kyosho 25 deg at front and 8 deg at rear.
They run on finethread carpet. I tried that too. Sticks like a glue.

nitrojunkie
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I am running stock tires on the back and Atomic 35's on the front.I have the Murcielago.I have a small piece of foam wedged between the chassis and rear pod for dampening for now I have very little wheel hop.It also has bearings and the Kyosho ball diff that I have modified slightly.

Kassi
10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
So.. what surface they use in the US?

I'm making my own track and I can't decide what to buy.

Options:

Some foam (?)
Fine thread carpet
Rubber
Painted MDF wood

Recommendations?

nitrojunkie
10-07-2009, 01:20 PM
The HobbyTown tracks are covered with a very low cut pile indoor outdoor carpet.