PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst

Zach.Type/RS
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I just wanted to hear from you guys about the best ones you have come across and worse ones. I know the low body and aerodynamic has to do with alot .

I have this model.The 911 GT-3 its the RM type and its not a good to modify. At least from my stand point.The front sits very low to the ground and the rear hops up alot during high speed turns. I modified with the ball bearings, the ball diff and then the last thing I went with was the X-speed Type S motor. Maybe I need more practice at the track but I run mostly low 7.xx seconds or high 6.xxx second laps. And thats with me taking it easy no crashes,and the upgraded motor.

I come from MA-010 AWD GT-R with bearings,ball diffs and stock tires world so it takes a little getting use to.

Anyway lets hear it from you...

arch2b
07-05-2009, 04:44 PM
hmmm, i love the look of the gt3. it's been very tempting as one of my purchases.

i'm holding out for the db9 and or other racing bodies.

the nissan r35 is decent. once you add a bit of weight, the chatter and wheel hop are more pronounced.

Zach.Type/RS
07-05-2009, 06:06 PM
The GT3 is cool I opted to buy that just so because I like Porsche and it was the cheapest model available at my LHS. The quality of it is awesome, I wish it had the GT-3 decal on the side though like the real ones.It sit pretty low!

Oh and another cool thing about the GT3. If you do get it,when the rear spoiler decides to pop off,then you have yourself a 911 that's GT-3less

MrNanoTrax
07-05-2009, 09:17 PM
the GT3 is probably one of the best models in the dNaNo line. its not my favorite car as far as looks but performance-wise, its hard to beat once the necessary option parts have been added. if you're having issues with a bouncy back end, pick up a carbon rear suspension plate (or the fiber type from Atomic) and that will resolve your issue. don't give up on it so quickly, with time you'll find the right setup and beat your best lap times ;)

Zach.Type/RS
07-11-2009, 10:40 PM
NanoTrax.

I picked up the Skyline GT-R R34 car and I do a whole lot better with this car then I do with my Porsche and my lap times are a little better with the MM car.

I'm improving my driving each time I go to practice and running 6's 7's and 8's. I think I will be the quickest one when it comes down to racing whenever they decide to get it going where I'm at. I want to be able to do 4's and 5's but that's going to take more practice and maybe some assistance with a Gyro Unit!

NanoTrax,what about the new Audi R-8 is this car wide,say like the Ferrari 360 Modena?

MrNanoTrax
07-12-2009, 11:19 AM
everyone's driving style is different... the way you handle a dnano will determine which one works best for you. the skyline is a potent little machine as well. i'm just glad you've found something that works for YOU. all dnano data can be located in PDF files on the Kyosho dNaNo Supprt Page (http://kyosho.com/eng/support/instructionmanual/dnano/dnano.html). from my experience, many cars that have similar fitting parts will perform in a similar manner but performance is also affected by the option parts installed. to answer your question, no... both are built on an MM Chassis but the R8 is long and narrow, similar to the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO. ;)

lornecherry
07-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Nano, did you find that the aluminum steering option parts helped at all? What about the aluminum rear hubs? Those arre the only two option parts I haven't tried -- and they seem (at least on paper) to add minimal, if not non-existent, benefits?

MrNanoTrax
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
just as reported in the support docs, these option parts are simply stabilisers that help make the car easier to handle. they add weight which seems minimal but if u get your mind into "nano mode" you'll realize just a gram or 2 can make a huge difference. the aluminum wheel hubs r a necessary upgrade just due to the horrible stock wheel hub functionality.

Pierro
07-13-2009, 03:03 AM
Hello!

One of the best model used in Europe is the Murcielago because it's the wider one.

I began with the R8 but suffer traction roll and I had to do some modifications to the body to get a more consistant car. I finally changed to the Murcielago and found my car to be much more easy to drive (fast).

The aluminium steering parts are also a good point. On my lambo the front body holder was not level when you look at the car, resulting in a bad fitting of the body. The aluminium front cure that.

As nanotrax said, the rear hubs are much more precise to fit than the plastic ones. At least with those you can get much closer to a tight fit of the wheel hubs around the rear pod. Whit the plastic ones you only put it all way down and secure it crossing finger to have a limited slop on your drivetrain.

Zach.Type/RS
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Pierro,

Yeah I was very skeptic about the R-8. I wanted more information on that car, but I went ahead and decided not to get that one and went the R34 GT-R. I like it a whole lot better then the Porsche 911 GT-3. I feel confident with the R34, but I will pick another Dnano up sometime in the next few upcoming weeks, maybe a month or two if anything part's and another Skyline body.

I like what I am hearing about the Lambo.

Anyone try the Enzo's?

The Skyline I picked up though has some issues with sitting up a little high in the front. And one of my mirrors came off because of the intense Texas heat when transporting in my car.

Pierro
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Hello!

I don't know about the Enzo unfortunately...
Another body that works well is the mazda. It's a damn low body and so it's very effective on the track too.

I also find both my bodies to sit quite high on the front but as the clips are a real pain to work on (opposite to those of the mini-z) I only managed to get used to see my lambo so high.

On the R8 I dremeled the "sunroof". The window plastic just under the roof. I get a pretty decent car but the traction roll wasn't quite far so i decided to swap. I haven't tried the aluminium parts with the audi, perharps will it help this car again a little more... The Gallardo has the same front and rear offset so I could come back to this later. ;)

Zach.Type/RS
07-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I picked another car up yesterday and I am anxious to try it on the 3P Infield track at my HTUSA!

Its the yellow 360 Modena, isn't it beautiful!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/prozach665/DSCF3785.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/prozach665/DSCF3786.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/prozach665/DSCF3787.jpg

pedrocamp
07-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Nice 360! I actually run a 430 on my MiniZ and like it alot. I am running an Enzo dNaNo and feel it works quite well. Very low and stable. While not as wide as the Lambo it is wider than the 962 in the rear.

Zach.Type/RS
08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I picked up the Enzo FXX and all I can say is

WOW!

This handles superb on the 3P Infield but it seems a little slower then my 360 Modena.The Enzo picks up where the 360 lacks which I notice is the turning.

Would be perfect starter car for anyone because it handles good!

Marcro
08-28-2009, 01:14 PM
My first two Dnano's were the red Modena and yellow Murcielago. Both handled well, both sold last year. Now, I have fully-optioned green Murcielago and just recent bone stock white Subaru WRX. I have yet to drive the Scooby to see how it handles. I just purchased the white 911 GT3 and looking forward to seeing it in person.
Not sure what I want for my fourth model. Thinking of the Countach, or yellow Modena. Gotta have a yellow Modena to go with the green Murcielago! :D
Has anybody driven the Subaru yet? I hadn't thought of the aluminum steering plates as stiffening up the steering? I thought they were just stronger replacements.

Marcro
10-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm sure the Porsche 911 is certainly the best, Murcielago I would bet second best. I doubt any would be considered the worst. I'm sure their all good just a matter of preference.

Kassi
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
I have the R8 with all possible hop ups.
I have only driven it on carpet with alot of tire on the surface.
Problem was that it rolled over very easily because it is so narrow and there was too much grip even with the default 50-10 tires.
Suspension was too hard also because of the bumpyness of the track.
Now I'm thinking of installing 8 wide aluminium hubs and 9 wide front aluminium plates. It's just like murcielago after that.

Have to test it on track meant for small cars first tho and see how it performs on painted MDF and kyosho mini96 foam track.

Pierro
10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Hello!

You won't be able to put those plates and hubs under the R8 body.
The wheels would be completely out of the body making it very weak and ugly!

You can perhaps try to put a +4 hub on the rear but I would assume it should be the maximum you can extend...

Kassi
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I can widen the front plate and rear hubs by 2 and tires will be exactly lined with the body.

Maybe I'm planning on making a wide bodykit with diffusors and a wing to complete my touring car look :P

Marcro
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
I've learned so far, that a fully hopped up Murcielago handles like it's on rails. An awesome car to drive!
My Porsche with just PN tires, feels very twitchy. Countach with just aluminum parts added seems to be between Murcielago and Porsche in handling.
Murcielago is as MM and MM's have been said to have the best handling.
The Countach and Porsche are both RM's, but the Countach just seems to hold better.

arch2b
10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I can widen the front plate and rear hubs by 2 and tires will be exactly lined with the body.

Maybe I'm planning on making a wide bodykit with diffusors and a wing to complete my touring car look :P

i'd like to see that :)

Marcro
10-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a cool plan for the car, but I bet a little complicated at this scale? Sounds like a lot of work! I'd like to see it happen my self! Good luck with it!

Marcro
10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Is the Mclaren F1 a good choice? I know it was highly popular in the Mini-Z scene as it was MM. It's also an MM Dnano so I would assume it would be the same? It's a good looking car and I sure am tempted by the black one that's been available.

pedrocamp
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
One of the guys in Mooresville runs one, Jellis, and is very quick with it. I tried his car and really liked it, I run an Enzo. It does have a few mods: DPS, rear aluminum wheels, etc...

Marcro
10-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you for the input.