PDA

View Full Version : warning....newbee :-)

martymoose
04-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Guys,
I have been playing with RC for ever starting with a tamiya hornet many moons ago. Currently I have an ERevo for bashing around the park, a XRay T2 for pavement. I figured to have all bases covered I need :-) a DNANO for the rainy day.
Some questions for you guys.
There seem to be many body styles available. Do the differences in dimensions make any difference in driving characteristics? I know that th elonger the car the more stable it is in a straight line, the shorter ones seem to be better around corners. But at 1:43 does this make any difference? Centre of gravity?? Some look taller than others. Does this have any impact? What do the racers use??

Batteries. I know that apparently it takes 15min to charge and gives approx 30 min run time. How many charges do you get out of the AAA batteries in the charger? Are there any battery options re more V and or mAh??

What can I expect to break first?? Should I be ordering any part with the DNANO straight away to avoid dissappointment??

Final question. What is the cost of the DNANO in the US. I am in Australia and getting one from JAPAN will cost approx $320 USD delivered. Seeing that I would be ordering from outside the country I am fishing for the best price.

Thanks for your help guys

Martymoose

edhchoe
04-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Call a Hobby town USA and the total will be about $250+ shipping. I pay $12 for shipping within the US. I have been ordering from a HTUSA who is on this forum.
Yes, my Murcielago flips over a lot less than the Carrera GT because it is wider. Get the widest car.
I use 2200mah nimh AA in the charger. I can charge many times (more than 4 times.. I don't know exactly how many) before I need to charge the AA batteries.

martymoose
04-27-2009, 11:18 PM
is there a tech sheet that outlines body dimensions for the DNANO??

edhchoe
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I have seen it somewhere on this forum

Millertime
04-29-2009, 08:04 AM
is there a tech sheet that outlines body dimensions for the DNANO??

http://www.tiny-rc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203661

Hope that helps!

-J-
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
http://www.tiny-rc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203661

Hope that helps!

Beat me to it. :)

martymoose
04-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks Guys. Much appreciated..