PDA

View Full Version : HobbyTown Orland Park, IL for all your dnano questions and needs

htusaopil
03-25-2009, 12:44 AM
I was asked to start a new thread about dealing with our store. I will monitor this forum throughout the day and answer any questions that anyone may have. I am the owner of the store and we are very excited to work with customers to provide answers as well as product, during the rollout of the dnano in the US. Feel free to respond here as well as call the store, or send an email. Again please support your local HobbyTown if they are on board with the dnano program. If they are not or you do not have a local Hobbytown, we will be happy to support your dnano needs.

Thanks

Steve Noel
Owner
htusaopil@sbcglobal.net
708-349-TOYS(8697)

tinyrc
03-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Great to have you on board Steve! As you can see, we've set you up with your own sub-forum (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164) so you can have as many threads as you like for your store, i.e. if you want to announce a special event, or promotional offer, or some new dNaNo stuff that came in. Thanks again for your contribution to the dNaNo community! :)

edhchoe
03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Just placed an order with you guys...
I can't wait to see one in person.

soulstice
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
How do i get registered if I didn't buy the set in store. Ordered over the phone.

jdob
04-02-2009, 10:08 PM
How do i get registered if I didn't buy the set in store. Ordered over the phone.

From what I was told in another thread - you have to run your car at an official track and have your individual cars ID recognized by the dNaNo Racing Software program being used by the store...

-J-
04-02-2009, 10:45 PM
From what I was told in another thread - you have to run your car at an official track and have your individual cars ID recognized by the dNaNo Racing Software program being used by the store...

Exactly right.

edhchoe
04-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Do you sell both colors of Porsche Carrera GT in the US?

lornecherry
04-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Hello Steve: do you have an ETA on the lap timer for the Dnano? Seems there is precious little information anywhere on its availability.

I will order as soon as that is available + several cars. Thx. Lorne

RealTracks
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
We received a DnaNo from HTUSA, Orland Park and the box was crushed by UPS and the car was damaged. Steve was a professional and took immediate steps to get the repair parts out to us without having to endure the wait of a UPS claim.
Thank You Steve.

htusaopil
04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Lorne

We have sold one of the lap timing systems to a customer. I do not have one in stock but I can get you one. I will check availability tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in response. I was out of town all last week.

Steve

lornecherry
04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
#$%#@ :) I just ordered the Kyosho timer from Japan and then saw your post! I appreciate the response though and will be ordering 6-10 cars in May, as soon as I determine what spares/upgrades I need. I'll probably call you first week of May, as the DNano in-school program looks like a go and I'm very enthusiastic about the car's compatibility with my Porta-Trax system.

jdob
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Lorne

We have sold one of the lap timing systems to a customer. I do not have one in stock but I can get you one. I will check availability tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in response. I was out of town all last week.

Steve

Hey Steve - The pricing for the Home Edition lap timer has been going for around $350 including shipping from Japan - Is the pricing through Hobbytown noticeably better than this - or not???

Also - Do you guys have any dNaNo bearings in stock - or have any idea when they will be available?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Millertime
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey Steve - The pricing for the Home Edition lap timer has been going for around $350 including shipping from Japan - Is the pricing through Hobbytown noticeably better than this - or not???

Also - Do you guys have any dNaNo bearings in stock - or have any idea when they will be available?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

I haven't been able to find the "official" Kyosho bearings in stock anywhere. However I did find some at this Ebay store: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/WalawalaStore__W0QQ_armrsZ1

If you search that store for "dnano" you will find a kit they sell of ABEC-3 metal shielded, it lists as 4 each 1.5x4 x1.2mm and 2 each 2x6 x2.5mm. I then searched the store for those sizes and found that they have ceramic bearings in the larger size for just a little bit more.

They should be here tomorrow so I'll make sure they fit and try to post back with some details.

edhchoe
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I bought the same ones. They fit perfectly but didn't notice difference in speed.

Namuna
08-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Just a quick note that my order with Steve went through just fine. Steve is a friendly and helpful guy. I gladly recommend this store.

ChiMiniRC
04-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I bought my first 2 Dnano at their old location. I'm excited to see the new location has the Dnano track setup permanently. Now if only the laptop was always connect to the track :)

I'm hoping that by bringing 3 extra cars with me each time, I can get some more folks interested.

Apie
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I have 2 cars, lets start a club in Orland.