PDA

View Full Version : Re-introduction

gertman
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
DTM-SP
------------
The DTM-SP is a 1/24-scale rear wheel drive RC car kit. The main chassis is made up of two pieces of flat 2mm black fiberglass. The motor mount is anodized aluminum. There is a battery holder, which also acts as a chassis stiffener, which is clear Lexan. The rear suspension is a “floating disk” similar to a 1:10 and 1:12 scale pan car. The whole chassis is reminiscent of a pan car. The front suspension is a king pin type very much like a Mini Z. The “T” bar rear suspension is part of the main chassis. There are different width foam tires in the front and back. The wheels are made of white plastic with the rear hubs being machined pieces of aluminum. A ball differential comes standard, as does a set of flanged bronze bushings. Note: the Epoch differential is a gear type. I would rate this kit as VERY easy even for beginners.

What do you need besides the kit?
---------------------------------------------
All electronics:
Controller (Radio)
Small Receiver
Mini Servo (a Micro servo is not necessary but may be used)
Small ESC capable of 6cells (electronic speed controller)
Battery pack (may be purchased separately from ABC Hobbies DIFFERENT THAN THE DTM X-4)

AND

Charger (if you have one for your 1/10 scale car your probably already set)
Clear Lexan body

Modifications:
--------------------
The wheelbase has 3 lengths that can be set. The chassis can except long motors as found in an Micro RS4. Many spur gear and pinion gears are available. 3 different compounds of foam tires are available. A few different wheel styles are also available. A foam bumper is optional (I would suggest getting one). I would also recommend ball bearings as a worthwhile upgrade. Lots of different bodies are available.

gertman
02-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Please see the attached picture for details of the vehicle.