PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Minium

arch2b
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
has anyone seen/used one of these before? i must admit they look very fun and enticing to buy.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=101476

http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=105917

arch2b
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Revolutionary slow flight capability changes the world of scale aircraft.
Only 18g!
2.4GHz R/C system features among the sophisticated mechanics! (2.4GHz under application).
The ability to amble along at just 10km/h is backed up by the CESSNA 210’s powerful flight potential. At the incredible weight of just 18g and wingspan of 380mm, you’ve never seen or flown a scale plane quite like this before. Innovation born of Kyosho’s long years of aircraft design and development has created a completely new style of flying. Inside the fully assembled fuselage is the integrated one-piece unit comprising the speed amp + receiver + two linear stroke servos, with all linkages set up and ready for action. The 3-channel system governs the elevator, rudder and motor for completely free flight control. Amazing slow flight performance and the tight turning radius brings R/C flight indoors like never before. A Lithium Polymer battery safely delivers awesome thrust through the 6mm diameter coreless motor, gear reduction unit and special propeller. Increase speed and you can even fly stunts like loops, and in light breeze you can take the flight action outdoors. Also, limit the turning radius and you can fly indoor as well. The advanced control system uses in a world standard ISM band for the 2.4GHz high frequency. Switch the transmitter on and it automatically scans from the 79-wave spectrum, and moves with the receiver to an open frequency to maintain constant control stability during flight. This revolutionary new airplane brings the joy of scale model flight to your fingertips - indoors! **Specifications of this product are subject to change without notice.

Fully factory finished, complete with coloring and special R/C system linkages. Tail wing is also pre-attached so just charge the battery and take-off.
Newly developed R/C system uses that auto-scans a 79-wave spectrum for available bands on the 2.4GHz frequency.
Functions automatically once the receiver and transmitter ID have registered. (Already registered when shipped).
Transmitter features digital trim that moves in 10 stages according to change in tone scale.
Features newly developed lightweight one-piece speed control amp with receiver unit, and two linear stroke servos.
Airplane stand features built-in battery charger so it can be used for either display or flight preparation.
Insert the included Li-Po battery into the battery charger and the LED lights to indicate charging has started. Auto-cut feature stops when charging is complete. Battery charges in about 20 minutes and LED goes out to indicate charging is complete. **Charging time may vary depending on certain conditions.
Super lightweight design with styrene tires realizes ultra slow flight control.
Slow flight capability allows flight times of about 15 minutes with a fully charged battery.

arch2b
07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Technical Data
Length
325mm Width
380mm Gear Ratio
5.28:1 Weight
18g (approx.) Motor
M6 Coreless Motor Wing Area
2.2dm2 Wing Type
Original Cambered Type R/C System
Special 2.4GHz 3-channel, one piece system Propeller
95mm

fovea3d
07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi Arch!

I just ordered one, should have been in my mailbox today... well maybe tomorrow. I will write a review ASAP. Hope it can take of from my MZ track and fly around it. After all, 10km/h is slower than a mini-z! :cool:

arch2b
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
awsome! i look forward to reading what you think of it

fovea3d
07-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Well :rolleyes: Little delay as they don't have it in blue, they asked me today if i'd take a green one instead (ordering from Germany but its 24h/shipped to my door). Good thing is at least its not yet broken :D

georc
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Looks like it has a twin:
http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=cessna&CatId=ARE

arch2b
07-31-2007, 02:25 PM
the real question is: who actually manufacturers this? or are both kyosho and horizon hobby (parkzone is a h.h. product) buying this from a japanese/chinese manufacturer and branding it as thier own product?