PDA

View Full Version : anyone own a propulse here?

drewdown84
01-01-2007, 03:45 AM
im in the market for something more off-road than an xmod... anyone own a propulse? wanted to get some feedback before i buy anything...

anticasper86
01-01-2007, 08:44 PM
im in the market for something more off-road than an xmod... anyone own a propulse? wanted to get some feedback before i buy anything...
Idont know much about these cars but i do know that they can go 35 mph, 100$ stock, and that they come in dune buggies and F-15-'s.

drewdown84
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
ya i already went to the site for propulse... i caught all that and they look aight... could be better... but i wanted to know more from someone that has had hands on experience with them...

lucifuge
01-03-2007, 09:12 PM
know anybody that has a associated rc18t? than you know some body that has a propulse. Go to both makers websites and get a exploded view of each. They are almost a mirror image. Megatech- maker of the propulse most have bought some rights from associated, I mean they really look that identicle. The shocks look pretty cheesy from looking at one 1st hand. I decide on getting a factory 18t for $30 more sense I have all the electrics anyway and would probably end up buying that same stuff to put it on the propulse. If you do look the cars up, the propulse is found in the radio shack site along with the expoded view. I haven't been able to see it though on the megatech site.

chris

drewdown84
01-04-2007, 04:52 AM
Interesting... I cant say i know about the rc18t... or even if its a good rc... just wondering if the propulse is something i'll be happy taking with me to the desert... or even in the dirt fields behind my house... and wondering how fragile the thing is... i want something that can takes some abuse... but then thinking about buying replacement parts for them... if radio shack acts how they do about xmods then im thinking i probably wont be happy with them... whenever i have a question about xmods... they tell me "maybe you can get it from the xmods site..." ...as if they dont know it sends you to the RS site... juuuurks... grrr...

yjwill
01-08-2007, 06:51 AM
My buddy got a pro-pulse(the truck) about two weeks ago, and I will admit I was impressed.It is very fast out of the box(I would guess realistically around 20mph) and seems to be somewhat durable. So far he has only managed to snap off the front bumber and break the front suspension mount. He made a new mount w/ some aluminum, and now just bends it back after bad crashes. This is his first R/c other than xmods, so he has,of course, been running into all kinds of things. We were jumping some small skateboard ramps the other day, and it flew pretty darn good. I did notice the suspension seemed to bottom out pretty easy after most jumps. The price is currently $99.99 at the R/S around here,but that is w/o the battery pack and charger. These will cost you $39.99. I had recomended he get a mini-t, but he had the "Got to have one" bug. He is more than happy w/ it, so maybe it was a good choice.
I will post updates as he runs into any issues or performs any modifications.

Robintix
01-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Get a "Team Losi Mini Baja Bug" they're awesome I just got one and I love it!!!!!!!!!

yjwill
01-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Cool! I have been looking at the mini baja. Problem is no place around me can get them right now. I got the micro-t for xmas and am loving it!

drewdown84
01-18-2007, 03:21 AM
I picked up a used Traxxas T-Maxx and Team Associated RC10GT for $390 off of ebay... ended up going Nitro R/C... all i have to say is that these things are both great cars... kinda wanted to get a propulse just to test it out and whatnot... but all the upgrades are still not available and that turned me away from them... not to mention we have a hobby people and hobby town right next to my work... so ya... RC10GT is a fast little car... and the T-Maxx already ripped my friend's gas tank off of his nitro truck... hahah... laughed at him and told him that he shoulda put his body on...

microter
01-22-2007, 03:11 PM
from looking at the pro pulse they look pretty junky... just another attempt from rs to get into hobbie level rc the xmods were pretty good performance suffard after a enough recks though so the t-maxx is an awsome choice, i have a friend with an e-maxx and its a blast

drewdown84
02-02-2007, 02:57 AM
thats for sure... after messing with the t-maxx and rc10gt... the bodies on the propulse are way too thin for flipping the things over... and parts are way more expensive... eh... iono... i think i'll stick with team associated and traxxas all the way... but i must admit i still love my lil xmods for indoor...

also... for 100 dollars plus the 40 for the battery and charger... you could pick up one of the clearance hobby store grade trucks... way better place to spend 140 +tax...

but still im tempted to drive one of those propulse... maybe if they go 50% off like all their flopper stuff... i'll pick one up... ^_^

rhino0707
04-04-2007, 09:25 PM
hey man i own the pro pulse buggy. yeah its a great starter car. i modified mine. its all modified. i still have the stock parts. i race it. ive won alot of races with it. im in a 1:18 scale class. i have aluminum shocks, dual engines, better battery, upgraded gears, u name it i got it. its be clocked at 35mph. for a battery car thats fast. so there fun. and easy to work on. id reccommened one. my brother has the truck one. its not as fast as mine. but it stiil moves. and both the truck and buggy are all wheel drive. it goes threw grass like nothing. so there u have it.. i think pro pulse is good.

fatman
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
woohoo but mods are to costy

breitenbach14
01-23-2008, 03:04 AM
i have a pro pulse buggy and i have a couple mods on it different tires rims and motor it can beat my stampede in a drag race i have a radar gun and clocked it going around like 43 i do have after market parts on it tho but they are awesome ecept for the dog bones get eaten up in about 20 runs i sugggest getting the aluminum upgrade kit for it and a mamba max 1/18 scale brushless system and a lipo thats what im getting

Nakarti
02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I own the truggy(because really it's truck body or buggy body; theyre both the same otherwise) refurb off ebay for $70, and its great except the harder-to-find parts.
Most of the (Associated) RC18 parts work fine, some of them sorta work, the rest require other RC18 parts to work. Me, I build my own bumpers dangit(spatubumper!!)
Megatech is being awful slow getting megapro(propulse replacement) parts available.

Nice oob pluses are: good bearings at all joints, ball differentials, cheap but decent batteries(now, anyway)
Cons are: slightly different parts being very incompatible(dogbones, bumpers, shock towers, and gear cases come to mind.) The ESC is screwed (throttle-zero-wise) on some of them. Aforementioned parts are hard to get replacements for(I see no dogbones at all, for example.)

monkeyballer
02-25-2008, 02:52 PM
anyone know if you can replace the receiver with a spektrum receiver?

anyone wanna sell me their propulse? still cant find one at RS but they have all the parts still in a box in the back, claim they coming back!

Neowurm
11-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Working at Radio Shack I have gotten to build both XMods and Pro Pulse. I maxed out both XMods and Pro Pulse. The Pro Pulse with smoke the XMod. The suspention is amazing on the Pro Pulse. It also has more upgrades made by different companies. And as far a durability we took a stock Pro Pulse and jumped it for a 3 story building and it kept going. But after the third time. It broke a front spring. So we replaced the stock ones with titianum and never had any problems with it. They both are kick ass cars but I would go with the Pro Pulse anyday. If you have any other questions about either one just email me at neowurm@live.com. I hoped this helped.

Neowurm
11-23-2008, 01:43 AM
They are coming back. I bought one today.

~DVST8R~
01-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I am new to the site, i just bought a pro pulse t 100... bought all the hop ups for the lil thing. everything was on mark down for after holidays, so i paid 1.97 a upgrade. this little truck moves and takes a beating and never stops. well worth the money.

Constrictor007
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm a 10th/8th scale nitro (and some electric) off-road kinda guy but I bought a ProPulse B100 during Xmas while my wife and I were visiting her mom. I loved it! I started looking more into the size class and all of the hop ups that were available and I'm working on making it brushless and adding some aluminum. This little car also made me end up owning a custom Tamiya TLT 1 complete w/ carbon fiber chassis.

jkettle3
01-27-2009, 10:13 AM
I bought my younger boy a Propulse Truck for X-mas from Radio Shack. Had no idea what I was buying but since it was 50% off, I grabbed one. Charged up the $5 battery and off that little thing went. I was reminded of when I was a teen, racing a modified RC-10 electric against guys like Chris Doseck. Did a little research and found this Propulse is the RC18 and it is also sold under another name Megatech/Megapro. Went and bought a couple more, one for me and one for my older boy. I bought all the Propulse upgrades as they went on full clearance in Jan all for $1.97. (tire sets, dual motors, blue aluminum shocks, etc.)
One of them broke the main bolt down the center of the rear differential. Stopped at the local Hobby shop, got on the Team Associated parts wall and grabbed a dif rebuild kit for $5…. 15 mins later, off and running.
I just recently put the RC18MT tires and body on mine.
Check out RCHobbyExplosion.com to get a pretty comprehensive aluminum upgrade set for $100.
Fast and cheap…get one before they are gone.

breitenbach14
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
does anyone think that i can run an 8 cell on a stock pro pulse esc?? if not i am just gonna buy a brushless system