PDA

View Full Version : HYDRAULICS well kinda

blacksabbath070
07-07-2002, 10:22 PM
im working on some other bit projects the pinion gear one is getting worked on but ive also thought of a way to put in hydraulics(wannabe hydraulics) im going to take out the turn coils (i dont know the right word theyre the copper wire thats used to make the car turn) on one of my old cars adn put them above both of the front wheels but have the coils connected together so the same magnet type, then i will put a magnet attached to each front wheel making cure it is the same magnet type as the coils are when activated... resulting in the magnets repeling the coils making the front go up the switch for this will be controlled by the turning switch so that way left will make the car rise and right will probably make the car do nothing the problem i have come across is the car wont be able to turn it will probably be a drag strip car or just to show off please post your opinions and ideas

tinyrc
07-07-2002, 11:03 PM
blacksabbath070, that's awesome! Keep us updated with your progress, and if possible, post a vid of it in action!

blacksabbath070
07-08-2002, 11:31 AM
ive already gotten my supplies and ill postthe results as soon as possible but still if anyone has ideasd and stufff post em

LitBmx
07-18-2002, 11:38 AM
its been a while were is it lol keep us updated ;)

blacksabbath070
07-18-2002, 08:44 PM
well iev started it awhile ago and i came across one little problem: the magnets that i attached to bothe the wheels so that they repel from the other magnet seem to want to repel to much and so the glue holding thme break that seems to be my only problem to getting them to work does anyone know of REALLY strong glue? well once i find strong glue this should alll work ...... of course now it cant turn but hey i have lots of other cars anyway

ViperKid
07-18-2002, 08:54 PM
have you trieds CA glue? it is avalible at hobby shops and is used to glue tires on R/c cars. and believe you me it is strong!:D

blacksabbath070
07-19-2002, 04:46 PM
really? the glue is strong? ill have to check itr out thanks

ViperKid
07-19-2002, 05:21 PM
this glue is super strong. if it can hold rubber tires to a huge .21 motor, then i think it is ok for a bit char-G:D it also comes in various thickness like thin, and med. i hope this helps

tinyrc
07-19-2002, 06:56 PM
if it can hold rubber tires to a huge .21 motor

ViperKid, I think you must have misread your manual, the tires are supposed to go on the rims! :D

ViperKid
07-19-2002, 08:49 PM
i didn't mean you glue the wheels to the motor. i mean't you glue the tires to the wheels, then bolt the wheel to the axle, they let the .21 rip. i'm sorry if i mislead anyone, if you glued your wheels to your motor because of me i am very sorry:D

blacksabbath070
07-31-2002, 07:51 PM
I DI IT THEY WORKED well i used some really strong glue from a hobby shop and i i glued the magnets to the front wheels and set the coils above each wheel and it worked and was so cool and then today it jsut quite working its go forward and everthing but the coils dont work anymore IT WAS SO COOL THO so im planning on doind it again we i have some money

tinyrc
07-31-2002, 08:50 PM
Cool! Next time, make sure you video it before it stops working!

blacksabbath070
07-31-2002, 09:20 PM
i should of video taped it while it was working but at the time i was to busy with work junk they stuck me over at customer service so ive been to burned out lately to do anything

CivicMachina
08-02-2002, 12:52 PM
i wanna see a vid clip, pleeease:D