PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about new overlands?

lphlp
08-13-2006, 05:11 PM
has anyone heard of...or gotten any news of 4WD overlands???? i mean, kyosho is the number 1 mini rc brand.....but they cant come up with a relistic 4wd for overlands! whats up with that? cant they come up with something like the SSMT?!?!? i mean a $20 dollar toy has a more ocmplex drive train than a hobby scale R/C?!?! what up with that!?!?!
i really kyosho puts their act together and comes up with 4wd overland and monster.......i mean..........everyone who like mini 4WD's dreams of a 4WD overland, am i right or am i right????
i was thinking if we get enough people to send kyosho letters and petitions for this product, they will at least think about it
sorry to distress my anger............i used to admire kyoshos work untill the 2wd overland came out........total disappointment.........

-Lino

Jazz32
08-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I love my overland.... but they do indeed have a 4wd monster truck known ans the kyosho mini-z monster. It has the same suspension set up as the overland and resembles the SSMT very much. The electronics are the same as the rest (I believe). I haven't seen one go for cheap enough to get me interested. I think i'll just try to swap some xmod electronics into the SSMT chasis.

lphlp
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
dude..........mini-z monster arent 4wd, then overlands would be 4wd too.......they have pretty much the same chassis except width length and durability.........thats why im so disappointed, and the worst part is that people still buy them and just off-road with them....WHY OFF-ROAD WITH 2WD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
oh and by the way.....you CAN NOT put xmod electronics into a SSMT, the evo board is too wide and the gen 1 board too bulky. sorry to disappoint you, in gonna put an Iwaver board into mine though, altough it doesnt need it.
you should really check your facts, because both the mini monster and overland are 2WD.....1000% SURE OF IT, YES I NOW I WROTEE ONE THOUSAND. that how sure i am.........

-Lino

Jazz32
08-14-2006, 09:13 PM
huh, I guess you got me.... I guess I assumed that they were 4wd. I thought the ssmt was a "copy cat" version of the mini-z monster.

And as for getting the xmod pcb in there, pleeb.... There's plenty of room. I'm not concerned with it being perfectly fit under the plastic. It's under the body where no one can see it anyways. The gen 1 has the modular pcb so you could put the pieces all over, could even slide one of them down where the drive transistors are on it already.

The purpose of putting in xmod electronics would be to get semi proportional steering and the ability to run stronger motors via FET upgrade. I'm thinking I'll like the truck much better with Lipos and xmod electronics. The iwaver board would be a good choice as well, but too expensive for my tastes.

I got a bunch of gen1 electronics for like $8 on ebay, which should have 4 working sets of electronics if not more. The SSMT was $5.29. That's a pretty darn cheap truck when it's done.

lphlp
08-16-2006, 02:54 PM
the reason i wanted the electronics to fit exactly under the plastic cover is so it is shielded. that way i run through mud and puddles without thinking twice. i am also gonna put 4 AA li-ions in it, a better servo, some better gearing (6/33, stock is 10/25 and off-road is 8/28, i think) longer shock and bigger tires. i dont want to do SOOOO much to this one, since its almost perfect as it is. the only fault i saw while rock crawling was that it did not have enough clearance so it got caught up in its uderbelly alot. (might make an underplate and power switch bypass.)
oh, does anyone know where i can buy an iwaver radio by itself.....or can i use the xmod controller with an iwaver receiver......preferably the iwaver radio so it matches.
thanks,

-Lino

Jazz32
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
My mini z's will not work with any xmod controller.

I would assume any hobby grade controller would work if you got matching crystals.