PDA

View Full Version : Why tinyrc.com does not sell DTM X4?

urq435
10-20-2002, 07:52 PM
I have seen a lot good features on DTM X4 but tinyrc.com doesn't carry it. I also notice that X4 costs a lot more than HPI micro kit. $125 vs $80 wow! Is it because the cost is too high for retail?

irc
10-20-2002, 10:37 PM
I suspect the reason is they would have to buy them from horizon hobbies and that does not sound fun?

urq435
10-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Really? HH is that tough to deal with? :rolleyes:

irc
10-20-2002, 10:48 PM
If we treated our customers the way they treat their dealers (who are their customers) we would have been out of business a long time ago. They have lot's of rules, minimums and other requirements that make it hard for small shops to purchase product from them.

urq435
10-21-2002, 02:08 AM
sorry to hear that. Did you e-mail ABC hobby Japan regarding this issue? I believe ABC has the right to be informed. Japanese company usually takes this kind of issue seriously because it will affect deeply on their product image on foreign market.

usagi
10-21-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by urq435
sorry to hear that. Did you e-mail ABC hobby Japan regarding this issue? I believe ABC has the right to be informed. Japanese company usually takes this kind of issue seriously because it will affect deeply on their product image on foreign market.
ABC of Japan?!??! HAHHAHAHA they are a scream to deal wityh. I tried geeting some deals from them and they are not help at all. urq, problem they don`t have any after care to speak off, let alone caring about their non usa buyers. In my Mind they are a second rate company with little or no repeat to us.

tinyrc
10-22-2002, 10:44 PM
IRC is correct; HH are evil, they buy up small, innovative RC companies, and then set min. advertised prices etc. to make it impossible to compete with HH themselves. They are awful to deal with. We're working on stocking more ABC products, but need to figure out how to get around the licensing issues.

urq435
10-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the update. So does tinyrc carry ABC option parts in the near future? I am getting one from oversea. I'm gonna need to get option parts soon. :) Once again, thanks.

tinyrc
10-23-2002, 09:37 PM
We can special order ABC parts for you no problem!