PDA

View Full Version : Bit Dra-Gownage

NorCalCoug
10-20-2002, 02:05 AM
Ouch. I was messing with battery power tonight and through a combination of 4 button-cell batteries (heat-shrink tubed together) slipped into where the stock battery goes, BOOM! BOOST! :)

Disadvantage: Car tends to stutter off the line for a second, then BAM, she's gone. Batteries tend to run out quick (just a couple minutes) but it's well worth it if you are going to drag race. :) I got the batteries for 99 cents each at Fry's electronics in the Bay Area, you can probably find them online in bulk for cheaper.

4 alkaline button cell batteries == 6 volts. :D

I tested 4 of these homemade battery packs on a 1.0 motor and a 3.0 motor. It actually appears to be a short of toss-up between which is faster.. I don't have a 2.2 or 2.6 to test on, sorry.

Also during testing I somehow broke the front tab off of my chassis. :( Anyone know a good fix? Will super glue work good enough? :)

NorCalCoug
10-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the response. :) Except I lost the tab now. :( I guess it's booster time for me today before the race.. :mad:

d00kie
10-20-2002, 03:17 PM
Use industrial strength hobby glue that is meant for plastic. I just coated the tab with it and did an additional coat later. Holds really since I am using a replacement tab that is slightly longer than the original so it takes a lot of pressure.