PDA

View Full Version : wheel nuts?!

maxx4life
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
so, me and my friend just got some ZZMT's and they are sweet. The only bad thing is my friend was driving and his wheel fell off, and he lost the wheel nut. So where can i get some more nuts? what size do i need?

thanks
colin

frizzen
09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
*Cough* search *cough*

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21354

Sorry to hear about your loss man! Hope it works out ok

maxx4life
09-20-2005, 10:56 PM
sorry i didn't search, i wasn't thinking :rolleyes: . that helped, so i'll try and find some 1-72 nuts, and if not i'll get some 2mm with locktite.

thanks
colin

frizzen
09-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Don't worry about it, atleast this was a legitimate question. Not the ever popular "Hou doo i dueel sell mey zitzat?"

Anyway, when you finally do find some nuts, be sure to snug them down a bit more, or you could try and use a thread locking agent.

GerG
10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
no What about lock nuts. Dont use locktite its too perminant.

rfnagel
10-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by GerG
Dont use locktite its too perminant.

Actually, LokTite (even the stronger industrial grades) is designed to be removable and is not really all that permanent. One can easily remove any bolts/nuts that are secured with LokTite -:)

P.S. Another alternative: Clear fingernail polish. I always keep a bottle or two on hand, this stuff is the greatest thing since duct tape <BG>. You can use clear fingernail polish to crudely insulate bare wire, seal solder lands on a PC board, hold various insulation strips in place (such as what is used on many computer motherboards), glue thin strips of paper or plastic together (for what ever reason that you may be doing so), lock the threads of extremely small bolts and nuts (and is easily removable), use as a cheap lacquer for small areas, as well as if yer totally bored, paint up yer fingernails <LOL>! -:)

GerG
10-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by rfnagel
Actually, LokTite (even the stronger industrial grades) is designed to be removable and is not really all that permanent. One can easily remove any bolts/nuts that are secured with LokTite -:)

P.S. Another alternative: Clear fingernail polish. I always keep a bottle or two on hand, this stuff is the greatest thing since duct tape <BG>. You can use clear fingernail polish to crudely insulate bare wire, seal solder lands on a PC board, hold various insulation strips in place (such as what is used on many computer motherboards), glue thin strips of paper or plastic together (for what ever reason that you may be doing so), lock the threads of extremely small bolts and nuts (and is easily removable), use as a cheap lacquer for small areas, as well as if yer totally bored, paint up yer fingernails <LOL>! -:)

But with locktite you will have to put on more every time you put the nut back on, with a locknut you dont have to worry about anything.

frizzen
10-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by rfnagel
... as well as if yer totally bored, paint up yer fingernails <LOL>! -:)

Uh, wait no, that's "paint and clearcoat ZZ bodies". Yeah, yeah, that's what I ment. ;)

rfnagel
10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GerG
But with locktite you will have to put on more every time you put the nut back on, with a locknut you dont have to worry about anything.

Correct. But the point of my post was that LokTite was not a permanent bond, but rather removable. Locknuts, like you said, would be a better choice though -:)

Originally posted by frizzen
Uh, wait no, that's "paint and clearcoat ZZ bodies". Yeah, yeah, that's what I ment. ;)

Hehe, yeah, that's what I meant... dunno what I was thinking in my previous post :Rich_admires_his_shiny_fingernails: <ROTFLOL>! -:)

ES0
10-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I hope this helps the truckers out there.

The lug nuts may be obtained through rhe Radio Shack order center at
1-800-843-7422, option 2. It is not available for on line purchase.

order number is:
RSU# 12428843 pkg of 4 $2.49

Battery(NI-MH)1.2V 1/4 AAA
NP Sku CS90435 (RSU# 12413449), Retail 3.29
MINI Battery 2.4V (ZipZaps SE)
NP Sku CS90436 (RSU# 12413456), Retail 3.29

The parts may be obtained through rhe Radio Shack order center at 1-800-843-7422, option 2.

It is not available for on line purchase.