PDA

View Full Version : 3.8 motor givin me problems

Coolmanmj
10-18-2002, 03:39 PM
I just bought a new 3.8 motor from Tinyrc.com and gear tuning set. The motor will run fine free spining but when on the ground it will not move without a little nudge. Is the torque really low on these cause i put my blue gears (acceleration/power) in and still no go. The axels are new and perfectly clean no particles in the gears. Is this motor faulty or am i doing something wrong or do i just need a new battery upgrade. Any advise or people with the same problem that can help will be much appreciated. Thanx.

bitchar-gmotors
10-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Coolmanmj,

What type of car are you using the 3.8 motor in? The 3.8 does have lower torque than other motors. Some cars have circuit boards that don't supply enough power to the motor. This means that they can't run the 3.8.

Kyle

Coolmanmj
10-18-2002, 05:12 PM
I have a Black 35mhz celica bit char-g (the real deal). Is this one of the cars that can't run 3.8's. If it is can i send back in exchange for another motor, or will a battery upgrade fix the problem. Thanx for your help

bitchar-gmotors
10-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Coolmanmj,

You have got a bad motor my friend. I'm very sorry about that. If you'll send it to me at:

Kyle Clemmons
P.O. Box 244
Brownsville, KY 42210

I'll send you a brand new one, and I'll test it to make sure it's one of the fastest ones we have. I may even send you a little something to make up for the inconvieince.

Kyle

Coolmanmj
10-20-2002, 10:58 AM
I sent my motor to you the other day. It's return adress is to wilson that would be me. Thanx for every thing.